Docker

>Docker
>Snaps
>Flatpaks
>AppImage

When will it stop? When will fucking normies stop trying to turn Linux into Windows?

Attached: lxc-docker.png (1000x639, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/dynamic-linking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Docker seems like a good enough idea for specific tasks in my opinion. All the other formats must die as fast as possible because it's a shit idea to have packages that cannot be maintained by your package manager

>Docker
>Windows
Fukken what?

Snaps are gay. Appimages are for people too lazy to extract a tarball. Docker and Flatpak both serve legitimate purposes.

How's flatpack much better than snaps?

Your package manager is gay
and your container format is bad and you should feel bad

windows is still not even at the level of having a package manager

GNU evolves to
> Nix and Guix
proceed

Self-contained app images that avoid dependency hell are way overdue on loonix

Please, any kind of stupid "Docker" like system is ridiculous. If you need software, get it through your distribution's package manager. If in the eventual abysmal rare case it doesn't exist, compile it yourself.

"package manager" does not scale, debian has only what 20 000 packages? lol

can not have package in different version on same system, lol

package managers are shit
unless, guix or nix

>what is modularity

>When will fucking normies stop trying to turn Linux into Windows?
>When will fucking NEETs stop holding Linux back?

How can I use a package manager to deploy microservices? And how can I then scale those services as demand requires using a a package manager?

docker is barely a format, it's like a root fs with an init script inside

and its great... just sucks using docker on windows with hyperv and then being unable to use virtualbox at the same time

I still haven't found an user case where I would use it.

Erlang mustard race here. The language VM is my container.

Roll out a blank server, deploy the functionality as I need to live.

>Appimages are for people too lazy to extract a tarball
you have no idea what appimages are, do you ?

because redhat pays him to shill their software

he does not into enterprise system

this
fuck the linux hipsters

>When will fucking normies stop trying to turn Linux into Windows?
None of those things are "turning Linux into Windows".

Don’t fight convergence, embrace it.

every time I see a thread on this website about how horrible docker is I'm delighted at how unemployed everyone on this website is

Statically linked binaries are superior.
I bet you think that is Windows too retard OP.
harmful.cat-v.org/software/dynamic-linking/

Never used this zoomers shit.
>t.freebsd user

> reeee

Can't wait to have 18 different version of DirectX installed

if software requires thing, why should you NOT be able to install what software needs?

Why should we allow lazy developers pollute our OS?

Docker is nice. I use it to compile stuff for my Ubuntu.

Fuck off with your non unix-philosophy

It's like none of you even attempt to google your assumed understanding of the technology.

What is IaaS? What is git branch management, what is image deployment, what are micro services?

You shits don't even know what the fuck you are talking about like this complete and utter shit.
>If you need software, get it through your distribution's package manager.
Containers are not your full os virtualization you retard. You have a limited stack of resources and libraries that is just enough to function with your application, nothing more, nothing less. Your repository contains code, your branches are versions numbers, you deploy new containers based on your branches that are dedicated for specific environments. You need more, you deploy a new container and roll it out with a prebuilt image. You need to build a new image, throw your code at jenkins, out comes a deployable container, you push it to your docker host, done.

>Whiny faggots moan and groan when not enough proprietary software is available on Linux

>Whiny faggots moan and groan when something is getting done about that

Lawl

Ebin. Here's an upvote

It doesn't really pollute anything.All of those versions of DirectX, or whatever, are all placed in their own containers. Are you really this hard up for storage space? Besides, nobody is advocating using this to replace all of your packages, it's simply there for the ones that are difficult to maintain.

>Docker and Flatpak
Going extra steps, AppImage is the only true option.

This doesn't work in industry, especially in systems that aren't directly connected to the internet

>retards make all those to lure normalfags to gnu/linux
>they still won't come because they cannot get network working on their wireless only, intel/broadcom wifi notebooks

>be me
>want to install torrent client
>it's 8MB in the repo and 2GB in flatpak
Ah ah wow, more like fatpak.