Is AMD or Intel winning?

So I was wondering what Jow Forums thinks in terms of which CPU manufacturer is producing the best processors currently and at the best value?

Attached: Intel-8-vs-AMD-Ryzen.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obviously fucking amd. Needing a fucking thread for such a stupid question. Kill yourself and your kids if you have any.

Pic.

/thread

Attached: 1543195198682.png (745x281, 18K)

How charming user

Attached: bc92419f281c44c7c01a0af33cf84f7a.png (1000x1200, 633K)

virgin spotted

I think that's quite a unanimous vote there.

>tfw my Ryzen 7 2700x just arrived today

Attached: 1310108630498.gif (220x227, 594K)

I think neither.
ARM is the way.

A new i5 beats the shit out of the 2700X in games. If you want to multitask, that's a different story, go for the poozen. I'm going to stay with my 7700K that benchmarks with a 3-5 FPS difference between it and the 2700X.

Jow Forums is full of AMD shills.

Niggers are winning for the jews. Pay for them programs waggie.

Fucking based and redpilled
/thread

>Jow Forums is full of AMD shills.
No, they just aren't /v/toddlers

>>is producing the best processors currently
Reminder that zen2 is being produced currently. It just isn't available to the public yet.

Intel still makes $10b profit per quarter and owns 90% of the market in every segment they operate in, so I'd say Intel is winning.

AMD hasn't been relevant to me for a decade, we even tried to procure a few hundred epyc systems and they couldn't deliver or give us a reasonable timeline for availability.

AMD has better Value for lower prices in Low-, Mid- and Serverapplications.
Intel has the Edge in High end consumer CPUs.
meanign it depends if you plan on spending more on your CPU than on the rest of your system or if you are trying to do anything productive.

where is this thing hosted on?
it's not the same if it's on r/AMD or r/Intel or whatever the circlejerk forums for each company are

>owns 90% of the market
Products that have been sold already don't generate more money, you don't rent CPUs. Units sold in the immediate timeframe, say 3 to 4 months are probably a better indicator of who's doing better. You could try to throw in some of the projections and hype for upcoming products, but those can easily flop so it's not as reliable

>I'm going to stay with my 7700K that benchmarks with a 3-5 FPS difference between it and the 2700X.
>I'm going to stay with a processor that underperforms the competition despite being more expensive
What, exactly, did the Intard mean by this?

Attached: 1468784983273.jpg (500x500, 63K)

>No, they just aren't /v/toddlers
If I already got the fucking haswell board and you cunts all bark at me to not be a retard and buy a new motherboard and a new poozen, then you ARE shills, there is no other way to look at it.

Someone who can stay objective would've said the single digit percentile difference in performance isn't worth switching out the mobo, and I should get the 7700K. Thank fucking god I got into the habit of double checking your bullshit lies I've been falling for 3 times already in the past.

I made the best possible user experience buying the exact opposite of what you shortsighted idiots suggest.

to be fair, it makes sense
would you throw away a perfectly usable PC that you bought already for a 5 FPS increase? it's sunk cost

>Intel has the Edge in High end consumer CPUs.
While this is true, it's only true for gaming and only by a very, very slight margin. Think, 3-5 FPS at 150+ average framerates.

AMD beats Intel at every price point in terms of performance. The only place where AMD doesn't beat Intel is where they literally don't have any products - 9900K, for example. And again, only in very specific applications and by a negligible amount.

The only people buying Intel these days are either fanboys or simply don't know any better.

intel can't even produce new chips, can't make 10 nm, are looking for 3rd party when they themselves are the biggest for decades.
idiots... they fucked up...

>already having parts of the system and being a /v/toddler changes what is the optimal purchase
No shit.

why would you change CPUs with only a 3 fps difference, retard?
also the ryzens at the same cores as the garbage i5s preform just the same, but 1/8th the cost.

they are half to two thirds the cost
stop giving false information on the internet

wow you are angry

3 fps difference? maybe on newer games that uses multiple threads, on older games Intel is still king.

Doesn't matter, currently we are winning.

what part of my post makes you think that?
i dont now about other regions so your milage may vary but i highly doubt that youd get an AMD equivalent to an 8600k (about 350$) for 60$ wheras getting a 2600x (200$ or 57%) instead is still a good deal

amd = cheap and shit
intel = expensive but good and reliable

based and redpilled

INTARDS BTFOREVER

Attached: 1539107572471.png (698x396, 34K)

Told him prime 95 only needs 10 hours to prove you are stable not a week, goddamn retard.

Intel is reddit as fuck.

Both nvidia and amd are more reddit than intel, intel is more resetera however.

>muh gayman frames
>MOM I NEED ALL 240 FRAMES PER SECOND
>MOM I NEED ESPORTS FRAMES FOR MY ESPORTS CAREER
>MOM I SHIT THE CHAIR AGAIN

>3-5 fps
literally any ryzen gets laughable sub 60fps minimum frame rate

AMD is winning because they have the normie consoles on lock.

Also RYZEN is bretty good.

Attached: Bulldozer.webm (480x360, 1.64M)

Not everyone buy PC's to install gentoo dude.

at first, I thought, more fps in games was important, so I considered intel to be more desirable.
But I noticed that I dont care about my pc having more than 60fps, I hate it when it drops beneth it, but I dont care If I reach 100 or 120 fps, for my monitor does not display it. Why would I buy a TN panel when IPS is much more desireble.

So in the future I will buy AMD, if they stay competitive. If I want more fps, I just buy a more expensive gpu. there is still room at the top

Linux is shit neckbeard autism OS

>i hate it when it drops below 60
so why would you get an amd cpu ? all of them drop below 60 periodically

just as much as intel does

>he doesn't install gentoo
>he doesn't even install linux

Go back to /v/ and stay gone.

Get an AMD Ryzen!
Intel CPUs are totally buggy, lame and expensive.

>3-5 FPS
Nobody gives a shit!
The most important is the GPU in games anyway.

>If you like machine learning, buy a Nvidia. I have an AMD GPU and it doesn't have the wide support.

> If you want to multitask, that's a different story
Every shitty application is multithreaded, you fucking retard!
Except old programs, but you don't need a high-end single-thread performance for a 7 year old game.

> I don't care about security vulnerabilities in my CPU
>>/v/

Kek, can't believe that piece of shit made it to the AM4 socket as an APU.

ryzen? more like POOzen

Attached: gr37y26w0cs01.jpg (1280x1480, 527K)

>aware that AMD processors are slower
>aware that AMD graphics card draw more power and produce more heat
>and are slower as well
>want to build an AMD rig anyway because they're the good guys

Attached: 1498076313436.jpg (450x600, 20K)

The power difference between an AMD or intel isn't even much and AMD is wholesome as fuck.

>Ryzen
>for producivity
>crashes Premiere
>bad low latency audio performance
hahahahaha xD

I have no issue with the power draw of AMD processors. But why can't they build their GPUs the same way?

STOP FUCKING KVETCHING AND JUST BUY IT, GOY!

Attached: received_338481236710224.png (534x299, 89K)

Despite what AMD drones say, Ryzen hasn't won.
AMD fans are celebrating before they have even finished the war.
Intel still has 10x the revenue of AMD.
Intel has 85%+ of desktop market share.
99% in the server space.

I'M NOT SAYING AMD CANT WIN, but it hasn't happened yet.
Most people who buy Ryzen were upgrading from phenom, bulldozer, or pre Sandy bridge CPUs.
AMD still has not managed to crawl out of the hole the dug themselves 6 years ago, but are closer than ever.

Attached: Plz no bully.png (902x1294, 649K)

I am really hoping they make me upgrade from my i7 6700k, i know they can.

>My 5 years old haswell cpu is still better than any poozen cpu in the same range

Attached: Tom Cruise kek.gif (630x385, 3.37M)

Range of what exactly? Or are you comparing it to much slower budget CPUs telling yourself they're "in the same range"?

You should be good desu. Even if their chips only hit 4.8GHz when they move to 7nm, IPC was already equal to Skylake. So they'll be faster per-clock than skylake and you'll get twice the cores and threads.

>Unironically buying amd

Attached: 1542591655836.jpg (640x535, 36K)

It's not a question of who's winning. It's a question of who has the best product when you're shopping for that product.
Everything oscillates, but Intel thought they could counter that with sleight of hand.
AMD seems to be getting back into "swing"
Just be happy with the way things are and try not to be partisan. Brand loyalty only serves the merchant.

Attached: 1.jpg (700x700, 43K)

This.
Desktop market is shrinking, VR and crypto mining didn't bring the hoped desktop comeback.
Meanwhile ARM everywhere

*powers every current gaming console*
*makes competent ARMs*
*is taking over workstation solutions*
*moves to 7 nm while Intel fails to leave even 14 nm*

nothing personnel, kid

Intel sounds like an ancient relic of a company, Ryzen sounds fresh and new.

That would be awesome, i am now at 4.5Ghz and i run everything fine, i might get the R7 3700x if its better in gaming than my i7.

But muh shekels

Attached: 1436734391281.jpg (202x249, 30K)

We're all winning, son

I'm looking forward to the 3700x or whatever they call it.
Rendering videos with a 2600k is painful.
And even a SATA 3 SSD drags ass in some situations.
Not to mention my z77 mobo is fucked.
Stupid shit won't apply any settings in the bios.

>>>/sqg/

>No one here does anything but compile code and vidya

You're all shills who should stay away from giving advice.

You and I both know this isn't true considering I'm using intlel server processors from 2011 and still get 120+fps in modern AAA titles

Amd, Intel has security flaws for using the same arch so many years. And has been building zen for years. Now Intel is trying to copy and without experience and using an old outdated power hungry arc.

No shit. AND is finally going to catch Intel and trounce them only to realize they did so at the end of x86. By then Intel would have bought Arm and will own all of the licensing.

same, Ive got a 4690k and I choke this quad core regularly. I can't wait to have some real multi-threaded power on 7nm

Single Thread Performance is the only aspect of processors that matters these days, so Intel is objectively winning.

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

t. Tomshardwareguide

my current subjective experience is that people went fucking crazy and started bleaching i5 stocks in all eshops
literally 99+ days expected delivery across the fucking board
I ordered a 8600k last friday
if that number up there applies to me as well I'm going on a fucking rampage

Attached: 1491508695398.jpg (652x786, 96K)

Some are.
The old rx470 was pretty efficient for example, but they keep over volting everything to get maximum yields. Whilst I like being to able to fiddle with my stuff to get it running more efficiently, I'm not likely to recommend something like that to others.

>Jewish women dies
Lol the and holocaust meme is coming to life

I'm genuinely interested in which situation your ssds are chugging on sata3. Even at my work where we're transferring videos files constantly, rarely is sata3 a bottle neck normally (nas, 1gbe networks, usb3uas, spinning rust). Or for extracting/copying millions of tiny files nvme is no better either.

intel is literally let by a poojeet

where u been buddy? i've been missing your hourly threads

Usually it gets bogged down when I upload files or speed up video.
Will happen if I start editing from the last 1min of my videos to the first 1/2.
SSD usage goes to 100% and it lags hard.
The SSD is a 480gb corsair one with 550read.
Happens in both Adobe premiere or Lightworks.
I am an amateur, so there always the human error aspect.

If Microsoft goes with AMD with their next surface lineup - Intel is dead.

I literally replaced my 7700K with a 2700X two days ago, stay mad fagot

they won't amd laptop cpus are dogshit

Enjoy their best CPU since phenom/athlon days mate
Get good cooling on it and it will shit over 8700k

premium product: intel
budget option: amd

i see a lack of ++++++ there

wrong. it s not Jow Forums , everyone around shills for the underdog always

it's also more expensive

why is it that amdfags always say to "wait" for the next cpu? after every release of a new amd cpu they say wait for the next one bc it's going to be better than Intel in every way, yet Intel still smashes them every single time

Why no 2800x?
Will there be a 3800x or was it a once off?

China is winning.

Attached: 1523845275265.png (656x286, 187K)

With intel there's no point in waiting since every CPU is just a copy of the last one with go-faster-stripes, but AMD have been on a roll of releasing significant improvements with every generation. Next generation is a dieshrink with slight architectural improvements.
Intel is never going to see dieshrink again.

You mean real (island) china ™

In terms of performance Intel's a bit ahead in the desktop market, but Rome is looking to completely and utterly skullfuck them in the server market unless they can come up with something soon, which doesn't look too likely.

Based Westmere

Wonder how long until they release the shackles on Jim "the shit wrecker" Keller?

When Apple and MS switch to AMD processors, we'll know Intel is done, until then, nope. I know neither are the biggest sellers in the world, but they are producers of Halo products and the rest of the industry tends to follow suite.

Absolutely based