Is it pretty much useless?

Is it pretty much useless?

Attached: PHP.png (1024x538, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/php/
haydenjames.io/php-5-6-eol-end-of-life-php-7-compatibility-check/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its literally #2 behind javascript

Nope. Legacy code will be a gold mine in years. But is too late to learn.

>But is too late to learn
why?

I don't know. you tell me

Attached: asdasd.png (718x270, 16K)

for webdev, it is less of headache than python IF you are using framework.

by itself, php is poo

This is what all pho looks like

python: shit
php: less shit
still shit, use a proper language

they made their own dialect of PHP, that's how shit it is

Php just makes so much sense tho

Attached: table.png (494x448, 9K)

Clean legacy code bugs are something only people with more 7 years in a field can do easily.
Of course, you can learn, but you will make less money than follow the trends.

>use a proper language
>webdev

>not declaring your website in haskell
wow, go with the times

>php used brackets
>Pytard is confused
>it's super effective

>Is it pretty much useless
If you consider that it's faster than python, backwards compatible, used even for fpga scripting and pretty much there's a shitload of programs that use it over a lifespan of 3 decades, yeah i'd say that it's pretty much useless and it will be eol'd when python4 comes out and breaks compatibility with 3 and 2 and forces everyone to have 3 versions of python in every machine.

good point but there's much better than PHP

It's the php hammer!

Please, don't say nodejs or any new faggotory.

No, just learn Java

I cannot imagine anything more horrid than php FPGA code. Please indulge me

For people with a brain its the most simple way of pulling data from a backend and sending it off through incoming web requests whether it be part of generating an HTML page or a simple way to pull JSON formatted data to update a website dynamically.

Feel free to setup a node.js environment and all that garbage if you really feel the need to overcomplicate it.

I think I wrote 2 things in PHP and basically forget everything.
I mostly write in Go today.

>Is it pretty much useless?
But you're using it in this very moment user.

also wordpress...

Something I've always wanted to know is how web servers interact with server-side languages like PHP, or like Python.

Can someone ELI5 how I would use Python server-side to process stuff for the client?

I wasn't going to, although node isn't as bad as people make it out to be from what I've seen.

>Braces are confusing therefore I hate php
Very compelling argument

tfw ur a rails dev and never had to deal with any of this shit

Attached: iyZS5i_6_400x400.png (256x256, 51K)

node for websockets and frontend projects only, and even then, i'm migrating to typescript

was for

Apparently, yeah. I mean, if the language is so bad that the biggest adopter chooses to just rebuild it from the ground up, that's quite a big reason to doubt its capability.

Oh yes, slow, bloated always-vulnerable softare sure is the thing you should take pride in. Now I'm convinced of the benefits of PHP.

Ruby looks okay.

Python is not made for webdev (you can use django but that's really gay).

Php is easy as this w3schools.com/php/

You may want to build an LEMP stack with php-fpm first, but php has a built in webserver.

When will this meme die? Use === unless you want shit like strings comparable to integers.

>Python is not made for webdev
Neither is javascript and yet node has metastasized everywhere.

>Neither is javascript
Anoooooooooooooon, you dumb baka, It might have not been intended for server side but you can't do webdev without javascript unless you're using silverlight, applets or Flash.

Not a fan of wordpress or php, but I did some Wordpress work for clients, that's where you can make money as freelancer

it's not feasible to do websites in anything else, if you are working solo (except if you are a able to get high prices for your work and already have your own CMS solution)

runs 80% of the web and you ask if it's useless. is your brain useless?

>shits on php
>thinks node is a superior alternative
brainlets as far as the eye can see. name a single server side language better suited as a php replacement

It was used instead of tcl, not verilog/vhdl

>Oh yes, slow, bloated always-vulnerable softare sure is the thing you should take pride in. Now I'm convinced of the benefits of PHP
Wordpress can withstand millions of requests, can run headless for its rest api, it is upgradable, unlike other where you have to build from scratch and has the least vulnerabilities.
All this have nothing to do with php. You can fuck up in every language.
Go back to you screenfetch thread

go, c#, typescript, rust hell even java

Php simply works

>go, c#, typescript, rust hell even java
Force fed corporate shit.

Unironically Go.

This
Why are you debating when this is the truth and the main reason for PHP adoption?

Attached: nicer.jpg (750x733, 115K)

it used to be shit. As of PHP 7.2, benchmarks confirm it's faster than Facebook's version

that tutorial is outdated as fuck. Still uses php 5

>php 5
>outdated
Is not python user, what you wrote in 5 still works on 7.x, also is just an introduction, nothing fancy that you'd need a dedicated guide for.

haydenjames.io/php-5-6-eol-end-of-life-php-7-compatibility-check/
I personally wouldn't trust w3schools. They have a terrible reputation

>muh facebook
who literally had to write a custom in-house JIT compiler in C++ to keep it working

That's not why PHP was adopted. PHP was adopted because superstitious and ignorant server services allowed PHP code and pretty much no other back-end deployment. And so eventually so many self-learned and sub-enterprise programmers learned the language that eventually someone said "fuck it; if you can't change the sails, change the wind" and put the effort into making it the halfway-decent runtime experience it was never meant to be. Kind of like JS.

see

>tfw no small-footprint goth php framework

>symfony
>small footprint
excuse me, what?

JavaScript and php are like apples and oranges. Client-side vs server side.

kek

oh boy

Compared to Laravel

He doesn't know...
I wann be you...

>>""

fucking wut

No Raajesh, I won't.

Empty string

Are you sure ?

Python is also used for FPGA programming