Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-29-21-41-19.jpg (1080x2116, 648K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-29-21-42-24.jpg (1080x1920, 555K)

Literally pages of this shit to wade through

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-29-21-43-30.jpg (1080x1920, 448K)

>pages
>literally the size of a banner on my monitor
You know what I wish wasn't allowed? Phoneposting.

Last I checked they spend like 90% of their budget on seminars, travel and no doubt plenty of needless employees. Servers are only like 10%.
They publish their fiances so you can look it up.

interesting

so they need money for traveling ?

/thread

One would swear they are barely able to pay for the servers with all the urgent sounding banners they run.

Attached: 1532334386137.png (931x1003, 117K)

Where did that extra $100,000 come from in 'other income'???

Soros xDDD

w3m on the framebuffer posting only

nonprofits need donations to stay afloat, you just realizing this now?

salaries are a fair thing to spend a lot of budget on, would you rather they forced their employees to work for free?

probably merchandising

> not just issuing manual HTML commands and reading in less
Fucking browser fags

Nothing wrong with it, rather give 5 bucks a year than to have them spy on my shit and sell to advertisers.

Only $2 million in hosting fees for the whole of Wikipedia? In all languages?
Why does Hiroshimoot complain about how much it costs to host 4channel?

Attached: 4channel.png (670x225, 8K)

Or you could give them 1 buck and they could just focus on keeping a website up and running, making minor improvements and perhaps some basic moderation, instead of hiring a fuck ton of employees for diversity and education and shite.

>Why does Hiroshimoot complain about how much it costs to host 4channel?

Because he's a con artist looking to make money, he's used the "Oh no the hosting fees, please help" strategy before with 2ch.

Attached: Hiro.jpg (1200x1792, 417K)

Merchandising. They don't include it anywhere else but they do have a store.

>less than 5% of donations goes to internet hosting
literally a scam

>My NEET ass compiles the linux kernel 7 times a day, why don't others work for free?
>I've never had a job, so I don't understand how business operation works.

I mean who's going to pay all the editors...oh wait.

They run Apache instead of nginx, so they can't handle the load

So you actually do know nothing about how the site operates? What a surprise, another idiot on Jow Forums

you're right, phoneposting should not be allowed

Wikipedia originally ran UseModWiki, a general wiki script by Clifford Adams. In January 2002, we switched to a PHP script, which in turn was completely overhauled the following July to create what we now call MediaWiki. Currently, most of the PHP code in Mediawiki at Wikimedia Foundation uses HHVM JIT compiler, although some services use Zend Engine PHP, and there is work in progress to move MediaWiki back to running on that.

database backend: MySQL and MariaDB, both
frontend and caching: Nginx and Varnish
application server: Apache
domain-name service: gdnsd
Search: Lucene-based ElasticSearch

>running a donation drive under the pretence that wikipedia is in dire need of funds, when in reality 97% of donations go to a slush fund for the wikimedia foundation to pay out the board of directors and a ton of employees who have absolutely nothing to do with wikipeadia
>not a scam
wake the fuck up

of course I mean every website needs a board of directors that are each paid 300k+ with a bunch of employees who work on completely unrelated projects. Who cares that the site was built by the community, is exclusively user content and those users aren't paid anything or that it's suppose to be "not for profit". it's just common scene