Try out our new webpage and be empowered to become an elite hacker! :D

beta.rust-lang.org/

Try out our new webpage and be empowered to become an elite hacker! :D

Attached: 2018-11-29-221611_1081x649_scrot.png (1081x649, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.rust-lang.org/governance
rustconf.com/
rust-lang.org/en-US/conduct.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>CoC

Why should I use a language that has multiple incompatible string types?
Where you have to cast a string literal to a string?

I know C++ has char array strings and '#include ' strings. You're telling me that Rust has more?

Because you care about low-level details and correctness of your program

Yes

Not only can SJWs not meme, they can't design a useable website either.

I think the website design is only fitting for the language.

I fucking love waiting 10 mins to compile. It makes me look productive.

Definitely a language for embedded. Yup, definitely. Definitely not a language for webtards.

what are you talking about?

String owns a utf8 string
str is a slice of a String
[uchar] is an array of u32 chars which allows O(1) indexing

different types for different purposes

I dont use a language that needs to reinvent common keywords. Pub instead of public. Why? C# already grinds my gear with base instead of super

All that financial and marketing backing by Pozzilla, and you still can't persuade people into thinking that this crap is better than the traditional alternative of writing C or a subset of C++.

cause it's shorter. at least come up with some actual real faglord

Don't forget the ffi CString as well

No, stubborn user is right.

public and fn is straight forward but they have ruined other general concepts and given them new names for no fucking reason.
Even equivalent functions have wildly different names depending on datatype. The whole ecosystem has ridiculous ad hoc naming structure.
And I'm a resident rust shill.

>try Rust and be empowered
>because before Rust, you are not empowered
>you are weak and useless right now
Why would I want something that says that I am weak and useless?

Top notch as in phone screen notch.

Attached: rust quality.png (720x612, 82K)

The quality continues.

Attached: yes why.png (695x766, 107K)

werks on my machine

I thought this stuff was a meme.

beta.rust-lang.org/governance

Is this what Rust is about?

Attached: Untitled.png (1382x1286, 113K)

>normie list has normies things on top
imagine muh shock

Rust.

Rust the PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

Puts the "language and compiler" team at the bottom. Literally 10th place in a list of 10.

Rust's priorities are amazing.

>save the best for last
>autistic namefagging tripfag spergs out

Hmm...professional.

Because you're the only one that uses rust.

Attached: three or four words stacked.png (664x573, 66K)

I don't use rust, I just don't use whatever retarded browser you're using at retarded zoom

Its called browser testing, let me explain. Other people besides you exist, I know its hard to accept because you never see them but its true. These people use different devices, types of screens lighting conditions, resolutions, zoom levels, browsers, settings, add-ons, and application sizes instead of being a carbon copy of you. Got it, little guy?

it's called using retarded zoom levels until the site breaks so you can circle jerk and shit on something you don't like

Haskell is better

>use the site makes it break
Yes in multiple browsers, [redacted] was one of them, immensely hilarious.
>zoom
The last one was zoomed, but it already looked like that, the first two not.

I'm hoping they ignore it until it goes live, then people start doing what normal people do. Then post screenshots to twitter, reddit, facebook showing how much of a joke rust is. Rustfags will defend by crying and making excuses while insulting and call everyone racist nazis, then people will know what they really are. I can already taste the drama.

>comparing with a language with compltely different goals
ishiggydiggy

Sorry, I'm not a meme programmer. When there's a viable job market for Rust and it's "safe" model has proven to benefit several large, complex projects I'll take a harder look at it. For now, I have no intention. If I need something that has more bells and whistles than C, I'll use C++ with RAII and modern C++ facilities as well as my own brain to create safe applications.

Because you have to make sacrifices to have zero overhead abstractions that work for multiple use cases

Like how C++ changed pure to = 0?

compile time is the best time.

Attached: compileThis.png (413x360, 28K)

How about the fact that AWS lambda VM is written in Rust? Or Google Fuschia's network drivers?

Companies are already adopting Rust and it's only going to get more pervasive

Man what a fucking ugly shit compared to the original.

The SJWs are even ruining my language websites now.

Everyone will hack rust nao

Rust is probably the single most difficult-to-learn systems lang, I'm really not sure what they're on about.

Because programmers managed to do string parsing wrong a billion times already.

And where one of them can't be copied, no less.

It's just the non techies who don't even use the lang who saw an analogy with their ideological bias.

how many string types can fit in this badboy?

really jogs the nog

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-30-13-52-10-537_com.android.chrome.png (1080x2160, 240K)

>beta rust lang

hehe

Ferris-tan is so cute.

This

Attached: d.png (200x200, 12K)

why the fuck are you bullying Ferris

Don't forget string views.

Unlike C++ the default string type is actually always utf8 while C++ doesn't put any restrictions.

std:: string can be ascii, utf8, utf16, shift-js or literally anything else.

I don't even know what wstring is used for.

It's not the amount of types that makes it complex, it's one type being ambiguous.

>pronouns
Choosing your own pronouns is not allowed in the English language
It's only allowed in Japanese

The page doesn't look very good, but what's more important, fuck chucklefish.

Why the FUCK does a programming language mascot need "preferred pronouns". Fuck this language. I was kind of interested in it because it looked somewhat easy to learn but fuck that noise, I'll try to learn C++.

>Rust is blazingly fast and memory-efficient: with no runtime or garbage collector, it can power performance-critical services, run on embedded devices, and easily integrate with other languages.
and yet, pic related, they fucking bloat their site with useless js for no reason.
So much for people who care about speed and effiency, they have no problem with building an ugly and slow piece of trash full of PR bullshit targeting sub 80 iq potential developers.

Attached: Capturee.png (938x138, 9K)

forgot pic

Attached: 1514438226580.jpg (1000x546, 90K)

jesus fucking christ

Attached: 1537221139672.jpg (217x244, 36K)

the proper alternative to rust is ada (which is better anyway)
>easy to learn
rust may be the hardest language to learn and use, of its type
for your first lang learn C or Scheme (preferably both)

This is the work of a few members of the community team, a big part of the Rust community is in uproar for the decision and the way things are being handled.

Expect nothing to happen.

>(((they/them)))
nigga its a crab

This prompted me to ask the internet about crab sex.

>In order to grow and increase their size, crabs must first molt, or shed their exoskeleton. And it is only during this molting period — when the new shell hasn't yet hardened — that most aquatic crab species mate, said Pamela Jensen, a biologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

>In this spring breeding season, adult crabs typically attract one another using pheromones (chemical scents). In some species, such as the blue crab (Callinectes sapidus), males will release pheromones and then use their claws to fan the scents toward prospective females, sometimes while moving side to side. In other species, including the Dungeness crab (Cancer magister), females release pheromones to draw in roaming males.

>After making a chemical connection, the pair will engage in a premating embrace, where the male will wrap his claws and legs around the female. In some species, the female will go into this position willingly; in others, the male must prove himself through the hug. "Once she's convinced he's strong enough, she'll stop struggling," Jensen told LiveScience.

>The embrace can last several days, after which point the female will molt and the pair will mate. The male transfers sperm by inserting his gonopods (sexual organs resembling antennae) into the two genital pores, called gonophores, on the female's underside. The female stores the sperm in a storage sac called a spermatheca until she is ready to use it.

>Some crabs will mate standing up, facing one another, but most species actually prefer the missionary position, with the female beneath the male. Once copulation is complete, the male will guard the female for a few days (giving her shell time to harden) before taking off in search of a new mate.

is that real

>This is the work of a few members of the community team
No, it's by the core team

>thiskillsthecrab.jpg

>they fucking bloat their site with useless js
>for no reason
and yet you bloat your sentence with redundant blathering
so much for your speed and efficiency critique

no it's not

hot

it's a beta version idiot. they didn't optimise the page for speed at all

it is. skrillex said so on reddit

>The programming language that empowers everyone to become a systems programmer.
>language that empowers
>everyone to become a systems programmer.
>everyone
>to become a systems programmer

Wew. Like becoming OS dev is a matter of learning some programming language.

Attached: strustrop.jpg (603x324, 130K)

>Ferris (they/them)
the crab gets the rope too

was systems programming under some form of gatekeeping or what the fuck does that even mean? how does it empower me to do anything? i already have gcc installed. does it try to say rusties are too dumb to learn c so rust will finally enable them to program? what the fuck is wrong with this beta language

Embedded is like the one good use of Rust. Why would you use it for web? It's not even in it's purposes you nazi

Man just turn the scripts on

Then why do they only feature ridiculous SJW startups at the Rust Conference?
rustconf.com/

He is too cute to be put in the pronouns madness :(

It's not even there, you just use the appropriate ones depending on how formal the situation is.
>t. jap dude

Why the hell do they have to use the word "empowering" in every fucking situation? Do they get paid a bonus for that?

this haskell-spam-filter tier.

I'm not a Rust shill but the amount of memes you managed to put in your post rivals those of gentoo they/themselves.

Only C and scheme is good out of all the shit you mentioned.

I like how no one ITT mentions they're adopting Discord now.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-30_18-51-11.png (941x507, 32K)

Just watch the video, there is Facebook among the companies

So the male crab has two penises and the female one two vaginas. TIL

C/C++ require you to take responsibility so yes that’s a huge gate keeping people out.

Fucking this. Because yeah you don't have to like, learn how systems and system calls work independently from any language you may use for your program logic.

Also wtf is this "easy" to program thing, I've tried Rust at a bootcamp and as a seasoned C/C++ veteran I found it all to be hard to read and too abstract from the machine code, which is something I can't tolerate from a language aiming to be "the new C". It is just a shittier compiled Scala. But Scala is honestly a lot better.

>SJWs can't into C, it's too hard!
>Rust is too hard for me Shill++ to be learned!
See the logical contradiction here?

It must've been hard for you back in Vietnam

And what does the "they/them crab" have?
Why would anyone have to be part of a "programming language community" or call himself a nickname because he programs in that language?

I've been programming in Java since the 90s, does that make me a Javanese? Am I part of some Java community? Why didn't I know any of that? Oh maybe because I do my job and actually design and develop software instead of going to events and doing social stuff about programming.

I made a joke once that only "hipster" game devs like pure procedural code and the community jumped on me with walls of text about how i was "an intellectually devoid moron" for using racist/sexist terms like hipster and writing a bulletpoint list of slurs with the slur nigger below hipster..

I could practicly feel the inclusion.

What contradiction are you talking about?

Attached: too hard and too easy.png (1280x1280, 77K)

Gamedev is like, even nore cancerously sjw than general tech nowadays. All indie studios are full of trannies/flakes, and even big companies are all about inclusion here and there. Just follow the careers page of any major gamedev studio and be ready to blow up.

Thing is i didn't even mean it to be a reference to basedboys/typical bearded indie devs. Just noticed how jon blow and handmade hero types are ranting about muh pure procedural and it was on topic to the thread. The context was crystal clear. But i guess when you spend so much time getting outraged on the internet "hipster" sounds like a dog whistle and you get triggered.

These types only ever give a duck about faggots and women while paying a little lip service to their "allies".

>Jon Blow
Whiniest person ever lived. And yeah, he just invented a programing language with no real purpose.

>beta.
>>wow why is it broken???
the thread

He wanted an unsafe system lanagues with objects without c++ god awful syntax and classes. He's writing in combination with a game he's working on. He doesn't like making games in C++. It's more for him than anyone else. He's smart enough to bootstrap his own language more power to him. Even if no one else uses it chances are he's going to keep using it for his games.

Props to him then but I don't see the point of declarative programming

rust-lang.org/en-US/conduct.html
what makes it THAT bad?

>remove IRC
>add discord
Why?

Because almost no one these days uses IRC in comparison to Discord.

They make people wear pronouns labels at events and don't have male/female bathrooms because all bathrooms are for "all infinite different genders". I was at rustconf last year to get some info on the language as everyone was talking about it as the new C++, and as a woman (a real one, not a trannie) it was quite uncomfortable to go to the same bathroom of smelly obese dudes.

Because tencent loves open source too