Your experience with ISPs

I'm curious with your experience with ISPs and your connection speeds, Jow Forums.
I know for a fact that places like the UK are completely fucked for ISPs, hearing about some of the stuff from UKanons would be pretty good, but elsewhere or even somewhat positive stuff about ISPs is all good.

From a personal standpoint, my ISP has been complete shit, unhelpful and has stringed me along to rinse as much money out of me as possible.

Attached: 1363618329673.gif (600x600, 207K)

my ISP has been complete shit, unhelpful and has stringed me along to rinse as much money out of me as possible

britfag here
virgin media is having 'minor problems' and now I've had 1 month without an internet connection

Network is owned by the student union.
Getting 900 Mbps both ways.

Based and redpilled

>fair price for FTTH on a third world shithole
>no caps because just like copyright notice crap data caps are a joke over here
>been running a 24/7 seedbox for years
>no throttling or any jewish trickery
>the only ISP who offers upload speeds higher than 30Mbps in this city
Nothing to complain really.

Attached: w59fds1.gif (191x205, 729K)

300/150Mbps Virgin Media here. It's based.

here. in their defence, when they actually provide their service virgin media are pretty based

My ISP *was* fine when they were Time Warner Cable. They got bought out by Charter (Spectrum) and that's when the fun began. First when I upgraded to newly available speed tiers they charged me a 200$ "activation fee" because it was a "new account" even though I was using TWC for years. Then the real fun began, my modem started getting quarantined by that copyright strike bullshit, some of the notices were years old. What's fascinating is the CCI notices are still served from TWCs domain and have their letterhead. Pretty sure that system was supposed to be disabled when CCI disbanded years ago, but Spectrum didn't get the memo.

I was downloading terabytes/month for years, but didn't get a single notice until I switched to a Spectrum branded billing profile. Still pisses me off to this day. The extra 100Mbits was not worth this hassle.

Bahnhof, Sweden. 250 Mbit/s download, 100 Mbit/s upload, $38/mo. Reliable connection. Took them a month to give me a public facing IP address because they don't own the fiber my house is connected to and use fucking email to communicate with the network owner.

200/20 uk

hyperoptic bro

I had to send a fax to terminate a contract once. A fucking fax. To an ISP. In 2010+something.

Since the beginning of 2018 that was the default way for formal communication to the biggest isp here in Italy (now webapp or certified mails)

Greentext incoming
>Early 2000
>You are the biggest isp in Italy
>You are only partially private and you are starting to sell adsl
>Everything is good, anyone can buy internet only from you
>Proceed to start cabling for fttc in 2010
>Slowly other isp start asking to sell their services through your cables
>You accept, see money coming doing nothing, feels good
>Do nothing because everything feels fine
>Is 2016 and you are still putting fttc everywhere (and lot's of places doesn't even have adsl nowadays)
>Your copper cables start to get old and your value as an isp is high only because you already have a big infrastructure
>But money keep flowing, everything feels fine
>Investors see capital and almost make you totally private
>Is 2017 and Italy decide to form a new company to cable everyone with ftth
>You laugh at them
>You are made not possible to use that company to sell internet to people because you are the market monopolist
>You start cabling fttc again in hope to sell it to people before they get ftth
>Other isps start selling internet through ftth for half the price and 10th the performances
>Your face when you discover people prefer ftth over fttc

Monday I'm getting 1000/100 for 25€/month no cap instead of an adsl with 8/0.5 for 45€/month.
Fuck you Tim

Attached: 1541725844277.jpg (1354x784, 53K)

>Fuck you Tim
Was it really that easy to guess?

Forgot your (you) in

That's the name of the isp

Every single Virgin Hub 3 has a defect and they refuse to address it despite the fix being out for years. Fuck virgin.

L'avevo capito, sai?

Sono cotto, scusa

It's 4 in the morning, we all are. But fuck Tim.

I live in Australia.
My ISP itself (internode), is actually pretty good. The support techs and nice and actually help you, all problems I've had have been resolved pretty easily.

However, the cost and speed is fucking garbage.
I pay $70 a month for barely 10mbps down, with an upload of 1mbps.
The """"fibre"""" rollout isn't for another 8 months and even then I'll be lucky to have 100 down for $90 a month.

NBN and all the political fuck around that caused it to be shit can suck my dick.

Attached: Screenshot_20181130-131405_JuiceSSH.jpg (1078x380, 154K)

I have Xfinity in the states.

I have my own modem. My only issue is the price hikes for my normal TV. Once it hits 200/mnth im going to cancel my tvs anyway. I pay for 150/15 but get 200/20. Speeds provided by speedof.me

Attached: speedof.me_18-11-27.png (1200x800, 139K)

Also idgaf if you know the IP, its not static.It will be useless in 3 days if I dont unplug it.