>E5 1680v2 - If you have a $2000+ and can find a good X79 motherboard
>E3 1231 v3 - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>E5 2680v2 - best value multi-core HEDT
RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: images (5).jpg (220x220, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3uaZCFybw
youtube.com/watch?v=XXNyrNSoXmw
youtube.com/watch?v=skV9exEDM3w
youtube.com/watch?v=7IK0Yer4XTc
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/R37LKB
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX8G73176&Description=acer 27&cm_re=acer_27-_-24-009-969-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009996&Description=acer 1440p&cm_re=acer_1440p-_-24-009-996-_-Product
memoryexpress.com/Products/MX66402
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1543442554627.jpg (1414x810, 357K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3uaZCFybw
youtube.com/watch?v=XXNyrNSoXmw
youtube.com/watch?v=skV9exEDM3w
youtube.com/watch?v=7IK0Yer4XTc

Attached: 1543496430114.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

CPU
>CPUs less threads usually suffer lower 0.1% minimums
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Attached: images (14).jpg (512x288, 28K)

wew ips shill really are worse than amd. Imagine being here 24/7 just to post that same image lmao

??? That's a really good deal. I wish I could have gotten that in the US.

Why no 4000 series Xeons?

>get a new vga
>suddenly headphones start picking noise when I move the mouse
Eh, wha... Is it the increased wattage? Still it doesn't go through the mb. Should I start lurking hpg for a dac?

Attached: 1344348172702.jpg (640x480, 31K)

>??? That's a really good deal. I wish I could have gotten that in the US.
It's a good deal for Europe.
I don't know for the US, 360€ is about $410.
3 games though

Fell for the vega 56 meme. Thanks fuckers.
>fire up fortnite to play with my mate
>in lobby my gpu usage is at 90
>hbm2 temps rise to 87 degrees c
>fan refuses to spin faster even though I set a fan curve in wattman
>crashes the game

Meanwhile my friend plays with a gtx 1050 and has no issues (besides obviously lower FPS). What the fuck? This is a strix and I’m fairly sure these are supposed to be some of the best coolers.

>X3440 - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
Ayy lmao

Fail edit. Kek
Cool nice samefag

The fuck is with this retarded xepoo garbage
Migrate to the other PCBG

Attached: 1541181531230.jpg (1280x361, 229K)

I wonder if anyone buys a CPU based on this advice.

>Asus AMD GPU model
>Best coolers
Topkek. They always fuck up the cooling with AMD cards.
Still not as bad as the Vega 64 Strix and its VRM hitting 115°C because they're too stupid to put a proper thermal pad.

these pc building threads are nothing but tech support generals

You might have to repaste it. Also thermal pads for the VRM. That's a pretty well known issue that I'm sure someone warned you about. User reviews probably mentioned it, as well.

I'm trying to set up RAID 0 on two SSDs using MS Storage Spaces, it works but when I bench the new drive in crystaldiskmark I get only the write and read speeds of one drive? Wut?

Got a problem with it?

So VA is a washed out IPS?

hey,
First time computer builder here.. Lookin to make a cheap build that will be able to play all current games and be relevant for a few years to come

How did I do?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/R37LKB

Attached: image.jpg (408x408, 27K)

I managed to get 2 GTX 1070Tis in perfect condition from a closing down sale at a local shop for cheaper than a GTX 1080, the problem is they're from two different manufacturers, ASUS and Gigabyte, will I still be able to SLI them and what performance can I expect?

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Upgrading from a 390 to a Vega, do I want to boot into safe mode, DDU the old AMD drivers out, THEN swap the card and boot into safe mode and install the new ones? Or do I swap the card first before doing all this?

So what? You wanna spend the rest of your days reporting /pcbg/ posts, lil Mister Gestapo?

VA is the compromise between both.

delete this

If you missed the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals you should not build until 7nm is out.

I didn't even find any mentionworthy sales in my country, only a few bucks off here and there. And now that I look back on not buying anything I can easily wait for Zen 2 anyway.

What about upcoming Boxing Day sales

uninstall driver to use default windows display driver.
shut down, replace card.
Boot and install driver.

But really you should be fine just swapping the card.

>SLI
Most of the time it'll do nothing at all.
Just sell one of them on craigslist or whatever.

7nm is going to officially revealed at CES 2019 which starts January 8th. Imagine your potential regret at buying then only to feel bad about your purchase just a couple weeks later.

You will be able to SLI them.
The performance will not scale perfectly. A couple games scale close to 100%, others scale less, and the rest see small gains, or won't work at all.
You will need a beefy PSU though.

It's ok.

Reveal doesn't mean release. Release might be as far away as late Spring or early Summer. I mean, in my eyes it's probably worth the wait, but that's just my opinion, not a hard fact.

Get at least 3000mhz memory, smaller case (Kino Versa H15 recommended), and buy windows through another medium. Otherwise great start.
They'll SLI just fine. Just won't looks as neat not being matching cards. What resolution are you going with?

>buying Windows
>using Windows 10

>buying a smaller case for no reason

>buying a smaller case isn't merit on its own
BUT MOOOOOOM!

Why are the team vulcan 3000MHz rams so cheap? Whats the catch?

Smaller cases are inherently worse actually because the smaller body of air is more easily heated up, therefore you need to pay all the more attention to precisely correct airflow. I know you hipsters love your tiny cases, but for the sake of simplicity you should use the largest case you can, not the smallest case you can.

Few questions.
I have an old i5 4670k build at the moment.
Running with an MSI GTX 1070 8GB which i threw in recently.
It's fine.But i feel it's time to upgrade to a new CPU. And a 1440p monitor.
I mostly just do shitposting and gaming. A ryzen 5 2600x will be fine right?
This and the 1070 will run games ok at 1440p?

Secondly. I have the meme (but not a meme) Hyper 212 EVO. I can still use this if i switch to amd, right? I just need change the bracket?

Thirdly, my PSU (Corsair CX600M) is pretty old now. Like 5 years or something but it's working fine. Do i need to replace it or should i just keep running it until it dies?

Fithyly, please recommend me a good moderately priced 1440p monitor for gaymen.

Attached: 1522428996145.webm (640x640, 1.36M)

>Smaller cases are inherently worse actually because the smaller body of air is more easily heated up....
Your whole post is irrelevant when we're talking about a case with superior airflow anyway.

Cases don't have inherently superior airflow in a world where people can't even agree on positive pressure vs negative pressure or horizontal airflow vs vertical airflow. It's entirely what you make of it.

>I mostly just do shitposting and gaming. A ryzen 5 2600x will be fine right?
Yes.
>This and the 1070 will run games ok at 1440p?
Yes. CPU becomes less important at higher resolutions and even then the 2600x is a good one.
>Secondly. I have the meme (but not a meme) Hyper 212 EVO. I can still use this if i switch to amd, right? I just need change the bracket?
Yes.
>Thirdly, my PSU (Corsair CX600M) is pretty old now. Like 5 years or something but it's working fine. Do i need to replace it or should i just keep running it until it dies?
If it's working fine and has given you no cause for concern I see no reason to upgrade.
>Fithyly, please recommend me a good moderately priced 1440p monitor for gaymen.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX8G73176&Description=acer 27&cm_re=acer_27-_-24-009-969-_-Product

I linked the wrong monitor. Here is the same but IPS at the same price.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009996&Description=acer 1440p&cm_re=acer_1440p-_-24-009-996-_-Product

Thanks for the feedback. I'll update the ram to 3000Mhz
The case I like because of the 4 usb slots on the front. I use a lot of usb slots

When it comes to video cards, what would be better: rx 580 4GB or rx 570 8 GB? Which is future proofed the best?

if i were you, i'd just buy 4790k and keep everything same. PSU is fine as long as it works.

That rig will last you well enough until the AMD obliterates intel in Q2 next year, That's when you should consider building new system altogether

4770k*

>buying a new CPU for six months

Kinda this, except I'd just continue grinding out with the i5.
Sure, an R5 2600/B450 is single handedly the best value midrange platform currently, but in terms of sine threaded performance you'd be looking at a pretty marginal upgrade even with completely superior multi threaded performance. I'd stick it out and wait for Zen2 if your current PC is otherwise still doing what it needs to, and buy a 1440p monitor first.

why not? still pays off more than buying 2 systems or buying one and not being 100% satisfied.
HC mode of course is this grind with an i5

Should've said
>buying anything for six months
The guy doesn't sound like he urgently needs a new CPU until next week, he can easily wait until Spring for Zen 2 without upgrading anything right now.

yeah, but in my area a 2nd hand 4770k goes for like 100$, it's worth the upgrade, and also it raises the value/futureproofs the pc if he wants to sell it afterwards or keep it for some other use

I can do this.
I'm in no urgent need to do anything at the moment.
How much are the Zen 2s going to cost at launch?
I want to do this cheaply if i can.

they'll cost pretty much the same as zen+ msrp, maybe slightly more. The thing is, China is investigating DDR4 price fixes, so prices are expected to drop by then. And HDD/SSD prices are falling. You'll be in a better environment to build a new system then.

Do I leave vsync on or off at games with gsync?

>and also it raises the value/futureproofs the pc if he wants to sell it afterwards
Not by $100 though, and the gain between a 4670k and 4770k is minimal at best. Guy, just keep using your 4670k for another six months. If I can do with a 2500k, so can you.

ok i'm going to wait until January sales and then see how i feel about it then.
thanks.

Attached: g0eDj.webm (640x800, 1.76M)

Should i get this 570 for $200 canuckbucks? Bought a 2700x on black friday and have no plans on upgrading my 1080p monitor atm.
memoryexpress.com/Products/MX66402

Why would you use V-sync in conjunction with G-sync?
This
Good luck

Is there a resource out there for the various coolers put on GPUs? I'm talking about the ones the stock ones like the ASUS Strix or MSI Gaming models.

I mean how does gsync work I have no idea. Do I just enable it from the nvidia panel and have vsync off and it werks?

This image is false
t. TN user

When it comes to video cards, what would be better: rx 580 4GB or rx 570 8 GB? Which is future proofed the best?

8700k for $340 or 9700k for $400?

Main use is gaming.

What component is most likely to drop in value within the next ~2 months? I'm slowly buying my parts and would like to know which to buy last

No shit sherlock, it's a troll.

is there a problem with those $10 windows keys on eBay? is there a better place to purchase them?

SSDs/RAM

They are illegally distributed from bulk orders by large organizations.
They're usually okay, depending on the source.

G-sync basically moderates the monitor's refresh rate to suit the output of the GPU.
Definitely 8700k.
In the next two months? Not much. Just save and jump on components as they go on sale. What do you have so far?

>Been recommending the X56** cpus for years
>People only listen after faggot youtuber makes a video.

Attached: 1336498396602.jpg (500x350, 35K)

r-rude

>Definitely 8700k.
Why? Aren't 8 real cores better than 6 real cores and hyper threading?

Budget? Monitor? Literally any other information besides fucking nothing?
i9-9900k obviously.

>They're usually okay, depending on the source.
nice thanks
how can i be sure someone's not reusing the key?

>Buy a single stick of RAM knowing that I'm going to get more later
>Jow Forums calls me a retard for not getting 2 sticks at less capacity
>Not even a week later, China investigating price fixing for RAM

Feels good man

Attached: 1444745692978.jpg (448x529, 68K)

4k 60hz and 1440p 144hz.

Budget is around $600 including motherboard, so that excludes the 9900k.

You can't know whether the key is good to begin with.
You also can't guarantee that MS won't cotton on and de-authenticate the install in a year from now.

That's the price you pay for the price you don't.

well I can easily just dispute the charge on my credit card so that's not a big deal, I do wonder about the whole year from now thing

Prices aren't going to go down. They'll get slapped with a fine but it won't matter because the profit they have made will have outweighed the fine.

Well, the worst that happens is you get a bunch of reminders. Windows keeps working.

>Well, the worst that happens is you get a bunch of reminders. Windows keeps working.
what's the point in paying for it, then?

An end to the nagging mainly.

There are a couple of other annoyances, like not being able to change the background, being forced to use Edge as default browser iirc.

>being forced to use Edge as default browser iirc
those sick fucks

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/R37LKB
You'll want 16 GB of memory eventually and might as well nut up and get a good 3000 or 3200 kit. Absolutely get an 8 GB graphics card as 4 GB will be a bottleneck even at 1080p in the near future.

That PSU is fine but a good PSU can last you over a decade, and getting something around 750 W would mean you have something that will work if you get a more power hungry cpu and gpu down the road. That said though your motherboard and heatsink would probably be a limiting factors then as well.

Pirate windows, run an ethernet cable. It's still cheaper to cut and crimp your own extra long cable than buying a wifi card.

8700k then unless 60$ for 0-3fps improvement sounds fine to you.

>Prices aren't going to go down.
Trendforce disagrees. And the increase in capacity by all the big players, plus the price-fixing investigation indicates reason for optimism.

I just figured 8 real cores will age better than 6 real cores and hyper threading. Not to mention a soldered IHS so I should be able to sustain 5Ghz on all 8 cores.

If it truely wont matter at ALL, I guess i'll get the 8700k.

It's debatable which is better for gaming, but if the 8700K costs less I'd go for that.

Much of the muchness. If they were the same price I'd be more tempted for the 9700k.
Another argument for the 9700k and against the 8700K is the likelyhood of further hyper threaded security flaws coming forth.

>mah sekrit club
Westmere Xeons have been popular amongst non-normies for over half a decade, faggot.

Yeah, the hardware mitigation in the 9700k was another reason I was looking at it seriously.

Seeing as I can get it for $400 and it's easily in stock, it's tempting. I'll mull it over for a bit longer I guess.

Yeah the 8700k is cheaper, I just hate buying older stuff.

I just got a new SSD and tried to initialize it but it keeps spitting out this error. I checked and the drivers are up to date

Attached: unknown.png (476x171, 22K)

Thanks a lot
Yeah, I will need 16GB ram but for now I guess 8 will do to start

What about a RX 570 8GB card in place of RX 580 4GB? Is that a good compromise?

Yes

Ok so I know this isn't a pc request but I want to get a laptop for school that's under $300 USD. I might also attempt to do some light gaming on it. I'm trying to get one with at least 8 GB of ram and a somewhat new processor. Any recommendations?

Attached: gsdfgsdgfdssdg.png (1592x811, 415K)

Virtual disc manger?

Define "light gaming"

Yea that's what I'm using, the Disk Management program

ckeck the connectors are connected nice and snug