You have 10 seconds to explain why you dont have a cheap 10gb/10gb line

you have 10 seconds to explain why you dont have a cheap 10gb/10gb line

Attached: file.png (1222x422, 70K)

Don't live in a nation full of new gold with the population of Indiana.

because monopolies

Retard
Because I didn't petition my government to steal my neighbor's income in order to pay for stupid shit like internet.

What about cost of having it installed into your home and the network equipment?

nothing. there was a vote and the main competitors for the fibre got a credit to hook up every single household. so every apartment has a fibre access.
in return they got the rights to the network for 30 years and every provider has to pay them.
prices are so low and still falling because we have a insane competition with over 20 isps in my city alone. capitalism at work I would say.

>Pay for stupid shit like the internet
nigga what

Attached: WhatIsThis.png (241x389, 126K)

Because i live in australia, where everyone thinks 100mbps is fucking amazing, and we are so lucky.

Attached: 1 g4zsvHxslR-946bI_twV-w.jpg (400x388, 27K)

>10niggabits
Been using 10Mbit until recently when they finally killed it and switched to 100Mbit. Dog bless swisscom on copper...

Not accessible where I live

I have 5 Gbit/s for €27.50/mo.

>100mbps
Why would anyone need more than that? Youtube and netflix work fine with just 30mbps, there is no need for more.

So Indiana has 10/10gbit?

>New gold
You mean the 10% of GDP or thereabouts banking sector? Don;t think they had anything much to do with the 10gbit lines.

>not wanting to turn your bandwidth into cash

nerd

> Why would anyone need more than that?
You could host a Linux package mirror .Or replicate your machines to offsite backups. Or other things.

The things people need most [money transactions for purchases, text communication, ...] may be feasible on ISDN 64kbit speeds, but even the average users found an use for ~10Mbit/s home connections by now.

10gbit symmetrical isn't actually anywhere near the limit of what 4 strands of fiber [or actually one, but we got 4+] can do. Not terribly crazy to have 10gbit or faster for that reason already. Data is very important and the occasional faster-than-necessary data transfer is surely nice to have?

California.

I've got a 16 Mbit LTE connection because apparently there's a bunch of hemp rope serving as wire in the lines leading up to my house.

If you think residential neighborhoods having 10gbps instead of 100-500mbps networks to every single house justifies stealing money from your neighbors, you absolutely and unironically deserve to die.

Because my country is not manlet-sized like Switzerland such that it's small size can provide an easy and cheap quick-shooting infrastructure.

Still doesn't work since the national carrier Swisscom is in charge of the last mile.

>And they are in no hurry!

Attached: 332200648-s-640x360.jpg (640x360, 53K)

>retard

Yea I'm retarded, my options are Comcast, DSL or paying Verizon 1500$ to connect me to fios to pay the same rate as Comcast

Salt are fucking crooks.

Move out of New York you fucking retard.

how so?

Who said it has to be the whole country?

What about just "many urban areas" [possibly with a lot less mountains and bodies of water and other tricky stuff in between]?

>how so?
Google is yr friend.

>Salt Schweiz Reklamationen

I'm not in new york but another major east cost city tho pic related.
No monopolies here

Attached: Untitled.png (1171x242, 26K)

>just move
>for internet service

>multiple options over 100
>multiple options
MONOPOLIES REEEEEEEEE

New York is hell on earth, there are plenty of reasons besides Internet.

>two options
>one of them requires me paying a shitload of money to have the privilege of paying a thousand dollars a year for service
>both at least 80$ a month for the lowest tier service
yep that's not the definition of a monopoly right there

PS: Switzerland's infrastructure isn't cheap. It cost a lot of money. Got any $18bn tunnels where you are? The other infrastructure and services -roads, telecommunication, power, wastewater management, trash disposal ... - aren't cheap either.

Fiber wiring however is relatively cheap. It's a not terribly pricey set of cables with some not terribly exotic off-the-shelf networking devices attached. Far easier to deploy than doing projects like constant proper disposal of trash [rather than doing landfills] and maintaining quality roads.

damn I have google fiber its $70 per month for 1 GB speeds, can't even imagine 10gb

the funny thing is I work for a call center and some of the ISPs we do service for charge nearly $100 per month for a 5mbps DSL connection

>CHEAP
>USD.

not a yank so no.

Internet service is a fucking joke in the United States. Monopolistic companies hold sway over entire states, they charge twice the price of OP's service for 5% of the speed, if that. You can't even get 10 gigabit on a private connection here.

Best options that exist are Comcast, and they charge you $70 for 1 gigabit connection and STILL throttle your upload to 35 Mbps. If you want more than 1 Gigabit? Fucking THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS a month for 2 fucking Gbps.

Fuck this country.

>USD
CHF, but right now the exchange rate is almost 1:1, so you're not wrong.

I live in Indiana and can do anything with my 900kbps connection

>STILL throttle your upload to 35 Mbps
must be nice
they keep increasing my download speed, it was 30 now its up to 150 for the same price but upload speed has stayed at 5Mbps for 10 years I cant even stream 720p

If you don't like monopolies you can start your own ISP to compete with them. Literally no one is stopping you

because my country is shit desu

>Literally no one is stopping you
I can literally cite hundreds of examples where ISP's sued or lobbied to prevent other ISP's from entering the market
>inb4 they own the poles that the power company leases to them that are on my property

its time to stop posting Ajit you have robocall criminals to stop

Because I got free internet for the first three months and they never started billing me.

government is a buncha cucks.

Attached: 1518927603976.png (633x758, 16K)

Because we don't have government subsidized internet connectivity and geographical realities are a bitch.

>to steal my neighbor's income

You're forced to subsidize services while you choose to continue living in a country that requires its citizens to pay taxes, which is at the very least the membership fee to operate (as in make money in the country) as a legal citizen. This is no different than being required to pay a membership fee regularly to continue being a licensed member of a particular club, which members exclusively have access to perks/services (even if they don't use them).

You could say that you didn't choose to be born in a country that requires taxes, however that wouldn't be the country forcing you to be born there but rather your parents having you. If a person finds themselves stranded at a random club in the middle of no where, it's not the club's responsibility to ensure they can get to a more preferable destination: they can either pay to be served or call themselves a cab and leave.

I agree that taxes are coercion though.

because I haven't gone around digging up internet cables and cutting them up so that the monopolies would leave my neighborhood

you have 5 seconds to explain why you are not seeding at 10gbit/s right now

90 % of Zurich city are covered by fibre but at the same time only 8 % of households have access to it. Because of the last mile.

>Govermentnment, City, & Cantons: all idiots.
>The investments have been made & the taxpayer has paid

Because I don't get taxed for 1% of my total net worth annually.

Not him but wouldn't that be an oligopoly?

Most of my content is in English, not Swissnigger.
Most of the swissnigger internet is hosted in Swissniggerland, like 2 hops away at most.

this is all wrong

i have a 1000/250 gbps fiber line that comes with my apartment that costs $450 a month, op

They said that about 25/mbs and crippled our fibre to the home project.

Spoiler, it wasn't enough, and 100mb/s will eventually not be enough.

ironically enough in my city, the city utility company hooked up the fiber. it's basically a public works project. mediacom and comcast just straight up didn't decide it was important so they spun up a company to provide fiber locally and compete with them and obviously they are wildly successful

the thing is though im just fucking amazed about mediacom is that their business model is seriously just to squeeze existing infrastructure until it doesn't work anymore. they aren't even competing

100 mbps isn't good enough to saturate write speed, what is this 1999? you using spinning disks?

how