How useful is a computer science degree?

In all honesty, how useful is a computer science degree in the US? Are CS jobs really being outsourced at an accelerating rate?

Are there any specializations within CS that are immune to outsourcing? Cybersecurity maybe?

Also, is it possible to get a job in embedded systems programming with a CS degree? I heard companies prefer to hire electrical and computer engineers for that sort of stuff.

Attached: yaelaheart.jpg (1080x1219, 102K)

>degree
Worthless unless you're a retard. If you're interested and aren't already in college just go self-taught or the WGU degree route or some shit. 4 years and several tens of thousands of dollars of debt is probably the worst way to break in along with (((coding bootcamps))).

Just don't do webdev

BRAAAAP

Attached: 1542020892485.gif (500x500, 857K)

worthless, you should have chosen computer or electric engineering.

the trolls are out full force tonight

Pretty shit unless you are already a rockstar or go to a top school like MIT, CalTech, etc

I think it's better to go for a Math degree and code as a hobby

OP here and my plans are to either double major in CS/math or CS/physics.

about as useful as her thong is at covering her brapcheeks

it might actually work, you can do phd and show your bare code to unsuspecting students

Dropped out of college, making 90k/yr in software. Interview well and have personal projects to showcase at an interview.

That's good. The thing is, the higher up you get in CS, the more mathematical it gets. And unlike coding which has a plethora of resources to reference, it's hard to find quality instruction on higher math outside of a university.

Pretty useful if your school has some decent networking opportunities. You don't absolutely need it but it definitely opens up a lot of opportunities in your job search early in your career.
Outsourcing happens but it's way overhyped on here

Grow up

Government cybersecurity jobs require US citizenship so those are pretty safe from outsourcing.

>Outsourcing happens but it's way overhyped on here
Especially since pajeets are dumb as shit, and you have to deal with language barriers.

Go EE/math
The best compromise

>compromise

imagine the smell

I want /tv/ to leave. Jow Forums is still pure.

Attached: 1540868178360.jpg (952x559, 270K)

Basically worthless. Just get CompTIA certifications.

Jow Forums says worthless, reddit says necessary. Not sure who to believe because reddit has worse skills I think but they're more likely to be stable and employed. Taking career advice from Jow Forums is hard because I assume on getting advice from someone like