Anti-aging is real

this is technology
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-01/foas-set012315.php
rawstory.com/2015/01/stanford-researchers-discover-how-to-trick-cells-into-believing-they-are-younger/

>Researchers at Stanford Medical Center have discovered a means to extend the length of telomeres — the protective caps at the tips of chromosomes responsible for aging

Attached: 1526711913595.png (800x430, 589K)

>pretending aging is determined by a single biological factor
Into the trash

>didn't read it
that is not what is being said.

>2015

this is real tech, it needs a lot of time. it's not consumer electronics.

can we have 300 year old lolis now

>the protective caps at the tips of chromosomes responsible for aging

Post more up-to-date information

Attached: 1526465521390.png (1366x768, 125K)

First thing I thought of. Capping someone's age against their will. Child sex farms in China. Real Dolls? Now we have Real People. It's cool bro, she's 18 (with a 12 year old body). New industries will be spawned. Money and sex will be the main drivers.

this would not be needed if people all had access to it. so it would not happen

My first degree was in bio before I went back and did comp E. Let me tell you most bio research is bullshit. Cells in a dish do not function anything like in the body. Biology is too reductionist and everything is studied individually. Pathways that involve 1000s of things going on at once are studied as a single node. Most drugs only knock out a single node. It’s all a meme.

t. Burnt out biologist with 4 years research exp.

...Do you not understand what telomeres do?
Do you not understand what biological ageing is?

>cells believe things

I alone knows the secret

This.
There's also no point in curing aging before being able to cure all cancers and able to replace organs with artificial ones. And even then, if your brain fries, you're dead

madden 2004 was goood touch

Idk man I'm pretty sure the courts would still make that a crime, the age would be determined based on the biological age, not temporal
>implying this shit will even happen because of OPs fag research

This
Based user knows the truth
It's fucking annoying dealing with wannabe STEM or sam harris worshippers who don't understand the basic limitations of the science and how far it still has to go. Advances in computer AI and biocomputation could progress a lot of the current issues desu

Rape, theft, and murder are all illegal. They still happen, somehow.

Interesting argument, don't you think it's unlikely something of that size would go undetected? You don't think criminalizing something at least reduces the size of the criminal activities?

I mean sex trafficking exists.
Apple, Nike, big brands use child labor and people still buy the stuff.

>There's also no point in curing aging before being able to cure all cancers and able to replace organs with artificial ones. And even then, if your brain fries, you're dead
retard alert.

people affected by aging: literally everyone
people dying of cancer: not everyone

So it we cure aging.
>people affected by aging: no one
>people dying of cancer: literally everyone

I can actually see why they would make this widely available. Cancer treatments are expensive, so the more people getting cancer the more money that can be made. Curing aging would be a small cost beside that.

>tfw you inherit your grandparent's loli

>able to cure all cancers
i agree, you need help

I agree. The sad thing is when I did my bio degree mostly everyone would not touch anything that was remotely computational. Data generation in biology is too slow. Would take me a week of work to get decent data. Don’t get me started on mouse models, want to advance medicine and bio? Start with experimentation on prisoners. Stem cells are also meme tech. We don’t even understand how a fucking worm develops and “i fucking love sci” fags want to build organs from scratch in vitro? Give me a rest. Like my one professor said in undergrad “getting to space is easy. Tell me how a work works then I’ll be impressed”

Curing aging would reap more money than cancer. Aging research is basically cardiovascular disease research. We can treat symptoms of cardiovascular disease like hypertension but can’t actually make the vessels softer. We don’t even know the etiology.

>extend the length of telomeres

Enjoy your cancer and highschool level of understanding of the purpose of telomeres.

based immortal

ah yes but most cancers not in young and

most children start of young (progeria excepted)

from old parents...

so somewhere in there is a infinite repair mechanism or a clock reset

This
>trying to make a cell immortal
Enjoy your cancer

Talk to me once we can clone Lucie Wilde's tits

Telomeres shorten on cell divison.
After extension, cell death occurs like usual and the telomeres continue to shorten.
You've got to keep taking the medicine forever.

>Lucie Wilde

Is the whole looking like a retard thing optional?