Is it worth it? Or is it as bad as people claim?

Is it worth it? Or is it as bad as people claim?

Attached: void_bg.png (143x143, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/void-linux/void-packages/blob/master/README.md
wiki.voidlinux.org/Xbps-src
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Twobuntu?

It’s god awful don’t even bother.

Yes

Just install slackware

> No systemd. Uses runit.
> No pulseaudio.
> musl
> libressl
> xbps package manager
> rolling release
> minimal install

What not to like about it? I have been distro hopping but I am thinking to back to it again.

Its the best distro for autists. If you have unlimited free time, use it! Otherwise just stick to debian

Ease of use. Its so hard to fix all of the issues that arise that its almost impossible to use.

What fucking issues do you have with it?

What major issues do you have that made it impossible to use? I never had anything like that.

The only time I've managed to break it was when novideo pushed out a borked proprietary driver update

/thread
Though some people are concerned about its use of RdRand for KASLR, the Linux kernel by default has other sources of entropy. If all else fails, there's probably a way to get HAVAGEd on there

just install gentoo

Just install Arch, come home user

Attached: ArchLabs_2018-11-29-30_1920x1080.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

>ponyos

lmao whatever. Doesn'T matter it's just a boot loader for emacs

Aren't there some some kinks with the installer that need to be worked out?

It's would be god tier if the package repos were bigger and/or the documentation for xbps-src wasn't awful. Pass on it until one or both of these issues are fixed.

this. They don't make it easy to use LTS kernels and they're packages are way too out of sync to be on bleeding edge

How do they manage to properly maintain
>musl AND glibc(only distro to do this officially)
>like 5 different architectures too
That adds up to 10 systems to support

It's actually quite comfy. Similar to arch, but stable, no (((systemd))) and xbps is a better package manager imo

I just wish Juanito the ex-NetBSD guy didn't kill himself. The community has been dead sense. He was a great programmer XBPS is really good at what it does.

>implying he wasn't killed by wandering anachists in Spain who covered it up as a suicide

XBPS needs better documentation, but it's really nice for what the distro defaults are.

he killed himself? sauce?

No wine-staging, no multiple versions of OpenJDK and no OpenJFX at all, no certain programming languages. It has no packages. Fix this and it's the best distro.

such is the fate of those who oppose SystemD

Attached: lennart-death-choke.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>installing bloat

>portage is a burning pile of python 2 and 3
What the fuck were they thinking?

The true face of evil.

>arch
>bloat

Void is like the arch meme but real. It's really good but it does break more often than other distros.

What issues?

>Systemd
Last time I check locale

How does one move programs to the xbps manager. I work with radios and I there's some programs I could get in Debian, but not on here. I wouldn't mind being the maintainer if I had to

Arch is pretty bloated when compared to Void. If I remember correctly a base Arch installation pulls in about five times as many packages as a base Void installation. Plus, Systemd is really bloated when compared to Runit.

void is a better arch in every way plus an installer, 15min and voilà you have a complete gnu/linux.
Enjoy your life user

It is. Fuck Arch and their stupid team that only cares about decreasing the work they have to do ignoring the entire userbase.

In what way is having an anemic package repo combined with horribly documented build-from-source functionality better?

>bleeding edge
void isn't trying to be bleeding edge, that's made explicitly clear on the wiki. void is cutting-edge, by design

read this github.com/void-linux/void-packages/blob/master/README.md and put together a source compile template, then pr as described here wiki.voidlinux.org/Xbps-src

>well ahcktually it's cutting edge not bleeding edge
either way it's not stable

because arch is bloat

Void has problems, but instability isn't one of them. I only had one instance where I needed to reinstall Void on my laptop when I was running it, and I'm convinced that was a hardware defect on my end as opposed to anything wrong with the distro itself.
I'd rather have bloat than xbps-src.

There's also the fact that arch combines development headers which are useless if you're not compiling

shitposting just to read archfags butthurt.

Attached: cringmed.jpg (982x1200, 178K)