Mobile operating system or a full operating system for a tablet?

Mobile operating system or a full operating system for a tablet?

Attached: ipad-pro-v-surface-pro-01.jpg (3000x2000, 554K)

>children's toy
vs
>professional workstation

hmmmmm

>work station
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>do I use something that can do a lot of stuff but requires a lot of resources
-or-
>something that doesn't do much and doesn't require much resources but can do what it does really fast
-for-
>a thing that might have a lot of power or very very little
How the hell should I know? Best bet is use what came with it.

HP Zbook Studio x360 is literally that

tablets should always be supplemental computers - not primary workstations. The iPad Pro understands this and delivers a much better positioned product

Every single tablet I've seen used professionally didn't have a full OS installed on it, it had a specialty software running on it for a specific purpose. That's really the best use for them. I've seen them used as credit card payment devices and also as delivery assistant devices, those are the kinds of things it does well.

Dual-boot

who tf buys tablets in the year of our lord

artists and music producers

Attached: 1433619979194.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

If you want a tablet to be a "pressfional workstation" then just get a fucking laptop.

Windows feels so shit on tablets and on surfaces. Pretty sluggish so ill say android is my choice, however a full fledged debian or arch based distro that works on tablets would be cool

Full.
Android and iOS only belong on mobile phones

w10 is also a mobile toy operating system

Me. In fact, I'm posting from one right now.

>workstation
Are you 12?

how are things going over there in the year 2012

Artists use graphic tablets though.

Depend on what you call "WORK"
My work involves typing documents, and printing them.
I can do all of these on my phone.

You would be surprised by the number of artists who use the ipad pro and Procreate.
And now with the new photoshop CC that will hit the app store, even more people will use it.

My job consists of checking emails and yelling at people through the phone.

I am honestly happy with my surface pro i5/8GB so far in 1 week usage: yesterday got almost a full day of battery charge out of it as I was just
working on remote boxes via SSH.
The casual games I play also worked pretty well so far, the only resource intensive game I play is CIV 6 which is obviously not meant to be played on this device (although streaming it from my workstation to use a tablet as a controller is really amazing experience for both 5 and 6).
Last but not least is really nice to have it as a second screen/companion device while working on my workstation or I'm performing a task which often requires checking some documentation.

The only downsides I have found so far are:
- windows 10 tablet UI is poor: there's no consistency between apps as you will end up using a mix of desktop application and windows unified applications (or whatever they're called)
- headphones jack in uncomfortable position: it's placed on the top left, near the corner; while USB and minidp are placed on the right. While I don't mind either side, I would have preferred if they'd placed it towards the bottom corner
- hot keyboard plug/unplug: sometimes it just doesn't work especially if windows is sleeping: unfortunately I don't have a second keyboard to test out

As other anons pointed out, if you buy a surface or an ipad pro thinking it will replace your workstation you're simply wrong.
Surely they will be powerful enough for most common tasks, but heavy workloads are not meant for these kind of machines

I'm still struggling to figure out what is pro about the iPad Pro. Does it actually do any shit that the old iPad didn't or does it just do the same shit but faster?

Can you hook mouses and external drives to it now? Can it actually run fully fledged desktop applications instead of babby mobile versions?

The Microsoft Surface is basically a status symbol for managers to place on their desk during meetings. I see this all the time t. office drone

Can you install GNU/Linux?