What does Jow Forums predict technology will be like in 100 years. Pic related it's 2000 as predicted by 1900

What does Jow Forums predict technology will be like in 100 years. Pic related it's 2000 as predicted by 1900.

Attached: The year 2000 according to 1900.jpg (1108x1600, 728K)

Other urls found in this thread:

demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Implying we'll make it another twenty years, let alone 100
Maybe I've just grown dangerously pessimistic over the past decade, but I sincerely have a hard time picturing a future where shit doesn't hit the fan within a few decades at most.

Basically the Samsung Apex but fueled by a cryptocurrency that you can only acquire in a blindbox.

You can't stop progress, through all of history we have progressed if you zoom out enough. You can't focus on only pits, or assert that everything is bad because all you focus on are pits.

America is going to collapse as a country. anyone who thinks we survived 2008 is lying to themselves.
soon this place will be nothing but a bunch of hungry starving dumb people fighting over petty identity politics and still refusing to talk about anything tangible,

America's success and decline have nothing to do with our own.

Some of those things came true, but not in the way they thought.

He wasn't that far off in his predictions.

I'm sure that's how the Gaul's felt about the Romans.

There's that, and then there's the environmental crisis, the fact that insect populations are down like 70% since the 90's and nobody knows fucking why, plunging fertility rates in the developed world, and surging wealth. That's not even counting the hundreds of micro-level factors that are precipitating a global economic crisis as we speak.
Shit lads

We're not in ancient times, this comparison falls apart.
Geographical migration today is easier than ever before, legitimately or otherwise.
If you think you're smart enough to predict the demise of America and you choose to stay there instead of prepare or escape, that's on you.

don't forget that the middle class is dying as we speak

>Geographical migration today is easier than ever before, legitimately or otherwise
you're forgetting the fact that this relies on the government allowing airports in the first place, as well as a functioning job market (which we won't have for much longer).
>If you think you're smart enough to predict the demise of America and you choose to stay there instead of prepare or escape, that's on you.
this is assuming I have the disposable income to make this kind of transition peacefully, as well as assuming I won't be caught in any kind of economic or geopolitical fallout.

They got the population prediction kinda right, I mean 50 million people isn't too far off is it?

None of that is assumed or binding anyway.
Your homework is 2 days a week, for at least 20 minutes, sit and consider what specifically is wrong with your country, if this means it's going to fail, and when. Now you have a timeframe.
In that timeframe you have to come up with a plan.
Where is it better, how can I confirm that, how can I get there before my country implodes?

Step by step, figure it out.

Unless you're comfortable with being apathetic, and are just waiting for an implosion.
Or you can go full patriot and try to fix your country and/or own situation.

What the average laptop will contain:

- 512pb SSD

- 32+ core RISC-V processor with an APU

- Quantum calculation coproccessor

- 4pb of ram

- Holographic pixel-less display

Lol

I don't disagree. It's not that I don't want to help people, it's that I'm in no position to help anyone right now.
I'm just saying America will collapse, and that's regardless of the state of my own mind, body, and capital.

except I'm not.

this is autism

Attached: file.png (779x631, 242K)

Yeah only a handful are wrong, and some we're way past already.

Pretty impressive.

>Everybody will walk 10 miles.

>insect populations are down like 70% since the 90's and nobody knows fucking why
gee, idk, could it be all the pesticides we spray en masse to kill them?

>Please drink a verification can to confirm

>Holographic pixel-less display
nope, still 1366x768.

>
The United States of America is the greatest country in the world. The countries that are going to be hurt the most in the next financial crisis (which is slated to occur in 2019) are China, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Saudi Arabia is already on its way out--why do you think the prince has been looking for allies? He's really looking for people to bail his country out when oil prices drop and drop because that's all his bigoted, close-minded, delusional sandnigger country has to offer.

Remember: Apple was the first company to reach a trillion dollars in market cap. It will also be the first company to fail in the coming financial crisis. Steve Jobs's legacy is going to die in the hands of his pox daddy Tim Cook--and he's going to roll even more in his grave than he did on his deathbed while dying of AIDS when it happens.

AmaZOG will successfully have the federal minimum wage pushed up to $15, and when it happens, President Trump and the DoJ are going to split AmaZOG up because of its monopolistic tendencies.

Renaissance Technologies is going to fall even harder than Long Term Capital Management did. Tesla will be the next Enron. Intel is going to lose to AYYYYYYMD.

It is written.

let's see how Mr. Watkins did
>five hundred million people
lower estimate (350M) was pretty close, but Central America never joined the Union, thank God.
>the American will be taller
yep, although what the fuck, the life expectancy in 1900 wasn't 35, was it
>no C, X, or Q
no, but English has been assraped in other more creative ways in the meantime
>hot and cold air from spigots
sort of, we got central heating instead
>no mosquitoes nor flies
yerp
>ready-cooked meals will be bought
yes, almost exactly as he describes, but no pneumatic tubes
>no foods will be exposed
no
>coal will not be used
it's still used somewhat, but he was right about fossil fuels peaking and hydro power
>no street cars
yes, but no underground streets except in special cases like chicago and singapore
>photographs telegraphed
yes, but they're mostly of thots, not warfare
>trains one hundred and fifty miles per hour
[laughingeuros.wmv]
>automobiles cheaper than horses
really can't say
>everyone will walk ten miles
hahahahah
>to england in two days (by ekranoplan..?)
>there will be air-ships
>aerial war-ships
he totally failed to predict heavier-than-air flight
>forts on wheels
yes, but France learned the hard way they're not for cavalry charges
>no wild animals
we not blade runner yet
>man will see around the world
but mostly into camgirl bedrooms
>telephones around the world
>grand opera will be telephoned
wow, we take these for granted
>free university and simpler education
[bankrupteuros.wmv]
>purchases by tube
what the fuck is it with the pneumatic tubes
>electric vegetables
yep, hothouse growing
>oranges in philadelphia (through new breeds)
sort of, GMO crops are hardier
>huge strawberries
>beet-size peas
>black, blue and green roses
yee haw the state farm has probably seen all of these
>few drugs will be swallowed
AHAHAHAHAHAH

this.

>life expectancy in 1900 wasn't 35, was it
surely not:
demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

Also, the high infantile mortality made the average really biased.

>what the fuck is it with the pneumatic tubes
Pnumatic tubes were the shit. It was like email you could order a sandwich from

Attached: f5d1b0a76fd7e09388fbad44d662e100.jpg (500x647, 68K)

>what the fuck is it with the pneumatic tubes
They were the blockchain of the late 1800s
Also funny how the first plane flew like just three years after the article hahaha

>laughingeuros.wmv
Try raffingnips.mkv

Stop watching the fucking news. Things really aren’t as bad as they seem.

Alright Jow Forums, I just made one myself:

user’s prediction of 2118:

AI:
> AI will have surpassed the human intelligence
> Some countries will be ruled by AI, and it's adoption will be successful
> Those countries not ruled by AI will still use it as a tool
> There will be AI judges, AI investigators, AI doctors, etc.
> Since the human brain alone is deprecated by artificial brains, many humans will extend their brains, connecting them to computers with great input and output throughput. Many thoughts are now being processed in the computer. We will be "cyborgs" by today’s standards.
> AI will commonly be used by the military on every branch
> AI will replace most jobs available today (2018)

Space Exploration:
> Dozens of manned missions to mars will have occurred
> We will have discovered alien life (advanced and non-advanced) from outside our solar system
> We will have sent small probes to the nearest star systems, obtaining high definition photograph and video from planets beyond our solar system
> Moon tourism will be a reality
> The USA will have military bases on the moon
> We will be close to figuring out FTL travel

Computing and Technology:
> Smartphones, Laptops, Desktops or smartwatches will not exist anymore. Everyone will have just one central computing device, and it will probably look like glasses or contact lenses. Fingers are not the input and output anymore, you now control the computer with thoughts.
> A 1Gb/s internet will be considered very slow
> Every device will charge and communicate wirelessly
> Games will look, sound and smell just like real life. Even tact will be available on some platforms.
> Any camera will outperform the human eye
> People will be able to travel to the other side of the world without leaving their houses. There will be robots with millions of tact/flair/palate sensors. You can eat yakisoba in Japan, from the USA.
> Every car is electric
> Roadways are now underground tunnels in huge cities
Cont...

Attached: IMG_4632.jpg (500x403, 67K)

...Continuation:

Health and Medicine:
> The average life expectancy is now over 100 years
> People are even taller
> Many doctors are AI
> Many surgeries will be 100% performed by robots, from a diagnostic from minutes ago
> Artificial hearts will be just as reliable as a healthy natural one
> There will be artificial eyes that outperform the regular human eye
> It will be possible to bring the dead back to life, depending on the cause of the death, and the state of the body
> Head transplants will be a reality
> Most cancers are curable
> Many Quadriplegic people will be able to walk again

Attached: IMG_4660.jpg (1600x1025, 207K)

I walk toward the front door of my apartment and it recognizes my biosignature then opens the door for me. Lights come on as I think of them and the braindarvision starts beaming my selected channel into my optical receivers. The food keeper trades a few packets with my taste neurons and let's me know what I have to eat that most closely matches what I'm hungry for. My implant scans the smart cabinets and drawers to locate the needed things then directs my body to find them as if by intuition. The stove turns on to the exact right heat based on past cooking history and I realize I forgot to take off my coat.

The last one, predicting endoscopy, is pretty dead on.

White people and racists will go extinct, leaving their former enviroments to the only surviving race: the Human Race.

>technology wil magikly keep progreing even if everywan too retardted to make it
>it alwase pregress in historee just skip that whole rome to renaissance part

Attached: brainletnpc.png (324x362, 45K)

unbased and bluepilled

Came here to say this, lul

>in 100 years
Living in a primitive dark age, or extinct

Literally EVERYTHING will be botnet

>upper middle and upper growing
>middle class is dying
wow it's fucking nothing.

>everything is adhoc and we rent computing power

nooooo

>[bankrupteuros.wmv]

Trust me it wasn't higher education that bankrupted us. It was other programs that were waaaaaaay more expensive. Higher education at most was a couple billion here to make it somewhat free. Now you have to get loans and nothing is payed for anymore, besides public transportation being free for students for 5 years.

Attached: bulb-region-tulip-fields-airphoto-1200x900-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 224K)

>with our own
Who is we?
We're in this together.
If America has another great depressions the whole world will.

Why no tubes? We have the technology.

Attached: 1486730600259.jpg (681x1024, 76K)

Ugh, don't remind me. Back in the summer Trump and Dem's agreed on a spending bill which approved hundreds of billions more than each side was expecting, yet still had permanent tax cuts for the wealthy. It was on the order of ~350 billion more FOR EACH SIDE, WITH NO IMPROVEMENT IN HEALTH OR EDUCATION. The 2015-2016 US Bachelor graduates was 2,246,233 people. If each person received $50,000, it would be 112 billion. Literally less than my entire AS(CC)->BS(uni) cost. A fucking four-year program could be FREE every year if we didn't build like an aircraft carrier and a plane.

That’s why you vote lolbert for federal seats.

Terabit internet with IPV7.

Fair enough, I wish that you succeed in yourself, regardless of the fate of our country.

What kind of communist mentality is this?
You don't need "everywan" to make progress, an individual can impact the whole world today from their home.
Honestly, the higher percentage of stupid people, the better for the rest of us.

"our own" is meant to imply the self, your self.
A separation between you and your country.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Personally, I've never seen purpose in sinking with the ship. If you die trying to fix it, that's different though. If you jump ship, that's sensible by me.

I guess if I had to bring it to a point I would say be rational, do what's best for yourself, whatever that is. Don't just accept "my country is doomed and thus I am doomed".
Or do, I'm not your mom.

Europe and America will turn back into the Stone Age, as the anti white governments desire. China will develop nicely, due too a genetically improved population.

>personally allied with the Chinese
I'm okay with this.

Attached: thumbnailcapvhr8a.jpg (300x173, 8K)

Low quality post.

What level of irony are you on?

Literally no point in going beyond IPv6 unless we start mass producing internet-connected nanomachines that need individual addresses. Or expand to multiple galaxies or something.

>tfw it's not even a joke
God I hate normie laptop makers. 16:9 was the worst thing ever brought to the mainstream market.

Attached: SneakyUglyFantail-max-1mb.gif (300x169, 876K)

Reddit faggot. Civilization collapses and the world enters a dark age. America isn't even unique in being fucked right now. And no one person can reverse these trends.

>Insects dead
Funny how the article actually predicted this as intended and desirable, lmao

>Reddit faggot
Yeah because I'm going to trust what Reddit says...
Maybe if you linked a specific thread I'd read it, but you're going to get a lot of pushback here for admitting that's where you get your world knowledge.

The rest of your post doesn't even relate to anything. You're just making arbitrary statements.

>tfw mom went through the bank drive through and the teller sent back a dumdum pop there the tube chute

Attached: 1543348614695.png (182x184, 44K)

through*

Technology did progress from Rome to the Renaissance

Relates to Romans and Gauls. You talk like a redditor, gay faggot cunt.

I'm talking to someone about their outlook and perspective, not Romans or Gauls.

>You talk like a redditor, gay faggot cunt.
I wouldn't know what they sound like but it's just coincidental.

You dense mother fucker

Attached: 1541721130881.jpg (204x247, 10K)

Fuck you nigger I know this is you responding to a post about Romans and Gauls that you completely misunderstood. Telling someone to adjust their outlook is just bad advice when they're better at anticipating the future than you.

>it's just coincidental
You are a regular faggot that doesn't belong on Jow Forums. You are lost mate.

>University will be free
>no more street cars
>no mosquitos
>exercise compulsory
if only

I legitimately don't know what you're trying to say or insinuate.

>Telling someone to adjust their outlook is just bad advice when they're better at anticipating the future than you.
How?
Again, if you think your boat is sinking, you should probably do ANYTHING other than accept it. Unless like I said, you're apathetic anyway.

>You are a regular faggot that doesn't belong on Jow Forums. You are lost mate.
Sorry friend but you don't speak for the rest of us. I don't know why you're trying to fit in so hard. Why not stay on topic?

>I don't know why you're trying to fit in so hard.
Oh wait, you're probably an outsider.

No, you should accept it. You'll have a better chance of snagging a life boat or a prime price of driftwood that way.

We are in disagreement.

implanted nat64 access concentrator in your brain when

> Apple was the first company to reach a trillion dollars in market cap
What is inflation? At its peak, the Dutch East India Company was worth $7T in today's money.

like, totally tubular, dude

Stop reading xkcd

we’re doing predictions of the future user, not facts of the present

>self-driving cars are mandatory, all have cameras to spy on you at all times
>everyone wears HUD glasses that also track your location to "prevent accidents"
>encryption and memes are punishable by death
>can't buy anything w/ cash, unless it's from a darkweb arms dealer
>city power grids shut off by russians on weekly basis, making russian symbology viewable from space
>no one has sex, they just jack off to live satellite feeds of their slutty neighbor
>videogames are plugged into brains, jews use to create literal NPCs

Attached: isis.jpg (226x223, 11K)

This isn't all that far off. Pretty impressive actually.

wow people 100 years ago were fucking STUPID

brainlet

OP said in a 100 years, not 1

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Karakuri Circus - 08 [720p]_00:07:34_03.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

I predict we will have mastered the heat-hardened wooden stick.

bump

> tfw no (you)s

>every american will walk 10 miles a day
my sides
on the other hand, most of those are very accurate

Even during societal collapse technology doesn't regress. The number of times in history when technology was actually "lost" can be counted on your hand (Greek fire) and even then we later rediscovered it (it's just naplam).

The future doesn't have to be different from the present

Randall isn't always funny or even interesting but at least he usually gets his facts right. If you can cover half the planet with nanometre scale machines and give each one their own individual address, it stands to reason that if you aren't trying to cover half the planet you aren't going to need anywhere near that many addresses regardless of what you do.

Seriously why don't we have pnumatic tubes? There is demand for it, just look at amazon trying to deliver shit by drone, it's the same concept of buying something and having it just arrive quickly at your home.

The infrastructure required is too expensive and insecure.
Also:
> something gets stuck
> fucks up the entire system
> no one knows where the thing got stuck

>What does Jow Forums predict technology will be like in 100 years.
1366x768 is still the norm on laptops

Underrated posts, and i'm pretty sure some of this stuff is either already happening or will happen in the next decade, like
> Many Quadriplegic people will be able to walk again
and
> AI will have surpassed the human intelligence

its okay user, im here for u

>350mil-500mil
Not too far off. Pretty alright estimate.
>Hot/Cold air from spigots to warm housing
Not too far off, either. They were off by means but accurate end prediction.
>ready-cooked meals will be bought
Yep. Not too difficult a prediction though, I think.

Attached: 1395148692617.jpg (588x459, 23K)

>rich folk that don’t pay no taxes
>poor folk that can’t pay no taxes
And then there’s you, the stupidest son of a bitch in this thread.

t-thanks user!