Gasoline is literally the best battery we got

Attached: 1536552287118.png (781x401, 166K)

t. Exxon Mobil

Wrong. Natural gas is better.
Also, when you include the weight of the oxygen, hydrocarbons are really not that impressive.

>include the weight of the oxygen

Attached: 1535072597064.png (900x729, 165K)

Attached: Screenshot_20181130_010045.png (1103x807, 171K)

>hurr forget about space travel

Plebs are too stupid to understand

>hurr space travel should be a defining factor in all energy storage!

>not understanding zero point energy

Attached: 1531460077146.jpg (1429x1073, 268K)

>Sugars better than Lithium batteries

I'm liking the properties of fat, when can we start converting people into fuel.

Attached: 11ab.jpg (380x394, 14K)

Attached: Vol1-Pg072.png (959x1400, 352K)

Attached: Vol1-Pg073.png (956x1400, 562K)

Attached: Vol1-Pg074.png (946x1400, 114K)

Attached: Vol1-Pg075.png (941x1400, 355K)

why can't we just use ice?

Attached: Vol1-Pg076.png (949x1400, 336K)

holy based japan again

Attached: 1527624295073.gif (550x1600, 361K)

Attached: Vol1-Pg077.png (948x1400, 359K)

Fuel cells aren't batteries. The internal combustion engine isn't even an electric generator, and energy efficiency is pretty crap compared what is offered by electrical generation.
Lithium may actually be more dependent on politics than petrol.

Attached: Vol1-Pg078.png (958x1400, 384K)

As an electron acceptor? That's dumb.

I note U234 isn't in your chart, OP.

A CMO is the energy equivalent of a cubic mile of oil converted into useful energy. To meet growing energy demand in the next 50 years we will need to make at least 1 more CMO. What would you need to build to generate that sort of power?

Attached: CMO.jpg (936x663, 156K)

Attached: Vol1-Pg079.png (961x1400, 323K)

BASED thorium going to save the day

cucked solar/wind battery shit btfo

Attached: thorium reactors.png (938x4167, 2.46M)

Attached: Vol1-Pg080.png (948x1400, 399K)

inb4 algae

Attached: Vol1-Pg081.png (947x1400, 288K)

BASED

Attached: 1508015146490.png (600x400, 416K)

hopefully it's an intro to the electric universe manga

Last page. I don't intend to dump the whole chapter.

Attached: Vol1-Pg082-083.png (1933x1400, 638K)

SOLAR IS KEKED

Attached: 2018-06-09_02-00-07.png (1548x591, 241K)

thx but I kinda expected big fat anime tiddies in the end

Nuclear is best

there is only one option and it's LFTR

wind turbine literally redirects the wind away from your country

This

*makes electric cars obsolete*

Attached: dktpp5ean4mvgwraodaz.jpg (1606x903, 139K)

4channel is a work safe site user. The artist is certainly known for that sort of stuff though.

>Nuclear is best
I wish for a nuclear fallout to forever contaminate your homeworld

Attached: 1521211677940.jpg (1200x803, 262K)

Attached: 1543290761622.jpg (601x622, 135K)

The sedan is going to be sexy as fuck tho

>humans and combustion engines convert O2 to CO2
>plants convert it back
You don't need to pack more oxygen user. The oxygen molecules aren't destroyed or anything. Obviously combustion engines aren't good for everything and they don't have to be.

I find it always strange how they always when something like this happens
>it will take tenths of thousands of years until someone can go there again!
and then a couple years/decades go by and suddenly you see urban explorers walking all over the place or even camping there and some people even moving back into their houses

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a moron. did you not read anything i posted? nuclear reactors are the safest form of energy generation, even if you include all of the deaths of the tiny amount of disasters it still amounts to less than SOLAR

future plants like LFTR will be EVEN SAFER THAN THAT

face it tree hugging hippie, nuclear is the future.

Attached: mortality.jpg (838x619, 107K)

That's the thing. The hatch is absurdly disgusting while the sedan which is expected to sell way less looks absolutely fucking nice

I don't understand this image

you use up your yearly worth of exposure in a few hours user

>nuclear reactors are the safest form of energy generation

Attached: 1526370525235.jpg (568x852, 89K)

Anti nuclear is all about trying to stifle energy independence. the big wigs don't want an energy independent america, or any country for that matter.

so they push these "environmentally friendly" energy sources which are complete and utter shit, and actually do far more harm than good.

Attached: Di0UPkTUUAAEfUS-orig.jpg (614x554, 99K)

>you can produce nuclear weapons from domestic electrical nuclear reactors
please go back to boat school

Even if that were true it doesn't matter, it's going to kill us all if we don't stop using it.

It looks really really freaking nice. Is there a concept for an NE MX-5 yet?

In the entire history of nuclear power there have only ever been like 4-5 actual accidents out of the many hundreds of plants that have been made and decommissioned safely over the years. No one ever talks about the hundreds of successful not exploding power plants which millions of people rely on for their electricity, they only ever talk about the few that went wrong, and those were all engineering flaws and old technology.

As stated previously newer designs are even safer, and thorium is even safer than traditional uranium plants because the reaction is not self sustaining, it requires a helper material to sustain any kind of reaction. Remove that helper and the reaction stops, no run away meltdowns of radioactive elephant feet

Attached: 1508015314411.jpg (978x656, 98K)

The only problem is when using this oil and extracting it causes climate change extreme enough to reduce agricultural yields below that needed to sustain the current population. Then all that precious gasoline will be used for is powering tanks and aircraft to bomb people out of fertile farmland.

Germany should conduct a serious corruption investigation on the energy industry and politicians. Some ceos got rich over tax money being directed at renewable, and everyone suffered from it.
Kinda like the low heat light source scandal. No one gained from those laws except companies making specific kinda lamps.

Personally though I feel that the risk of damaging a small area with a small population of people for a short length of time is worth it against the risk of burning coal some more and murdering billions of people for hundreds of thousands of years.

wow almost as if the green energy meme is just a way to line certain peoples pockets instead of actually caring about the environment or something

You mean like the existing coal ash in landfills that is both toxic and radioactive?

You can't, but that doesn't stop nuclear proliferation concerns from mucking with politics.
The reactors have usually been very, very expensive in the past, though energy per fuel is cheap.
No matter how you look at it, they also have a bad public image.

Are you autistic? He's literally making an evil face in the panel. This is a "know thy enemy" moment in a manga about clean energy.
Don't respond as if I'm seriously advocating fossil fuels for anything when I'm just posting a nice set of pages about how energy dense petroleum is.

which manga is this from

*for everything

Climate's going to change anyway. We enjoyed one of the best stable climates for humans for a few hundred years. You never know when they'll change. If yellowstone went off tomorrow we would immediately forgot about climate change. It's time to start thinking about terraforming methods seriously because this balls of shit isn't going to last

Why can't it be both? People do care about the environment, and you can spend tax money on things for that reason.
Although it is a load of shit. Japan is right on this, Gasoline is an amazing energy source and we just don't have a replacement for it. We need to phase away from climate affecting energy sources for one major reason: Increased variability in climate affects agricultural yields. We can still grow food if the climate changes, but the yield will go down if the summers are too hot and the winters are too wet. If there's any situation where there is less food than is needed, prices go fucking insane as people stockpile. This will not be a pleasant thing when millions of people are hungry. People really need to be told that climate change is going to kill billions of people. Abstract figures like 'muh 2C' doesn't really cut it. We need agricultural yield predictions. Such as; we are currently growing 103% of the food we need. Current progress might drop yields by 20%. We will be short 17% of food - IE 17% of the population will not get to eat.

But the guy is right, Gasoline really is great. Just that the larger effects of using gasoline were not even mentioned in the panels. Nor were the larger effects of using solar panels - You need to burn a shitload of coal and mine a shitload of rare earth metals to get a solar panel.

>gas
>might have good energy/weight metrics
>have to compress it to ungodly pressures to improve weight/volume metrics

Gaseous fuels will never be a real competitor to anything solid or liquid. Gasoline and diesel are too good.

there would be no nukes if there were no nuke plants

Attached: 1513664172050.jpg (750x420, 32K)

I definitely agree. It doesn't matter if it's man-made or whatever, we need to stop it regardless. We need to stabilise our climate regardless, or an ice age will nut us in the sack, or a supervolcano will go off, or some other crap.
Replacing coal with nuclear is a good start though, as getting that more off the ground will at least help china not be a smog filled hell.

>Just that the larger effects of using gasoline were not even mentioned in the panels
>Nor were the larger effects of using solar panels
I'm not trying to post the entire manga here, only the particular segment relevant to the energy density graph.

Weapon's grade nuclear material is bred in special reactors that do not produce electricity. Plutonium, anyway. Uranium doesn't even need that, you just mine it and spin it until you purify out the unstable nuclei.

climate change is a meme

whats really killing the environment is filthy third world countries and the niggers who live in them

Attached: oZEdQCs.png (2504x1587, 605K)

Attached: 2018-10-10_07-39-11.png (800x592, 537K)

>fine particulate matter
That's local pollution. You're right about india though. China is actually on target to reduce its emissions. While it's one of the biggest, it is at least trying to reduce them.
India is one of the biggest and doesn't give a flying fuck. It gives so little fucks that the taj mahal is crumbling because they keep spraying the area with pollution.

they're not the ones blowing, buddy

>whats really killing the environment is filthy third world countries and the niggers who live in them

seems like you're forgetting the entire 100-year period where the US and most of europe was producing enough pollution to occasionally suffocate 10,000 people in urban areas

wind blows the path of least resistance

not for current price
$7 per galon target price

good thing we don't do that anymore. in the mean time india is a fulthy fucking mess and africans are too retarded to do any kind of critical thinking,

mercy killing is the only option. eliminate all of the pajeets. it would have the side benefit of drastically increasing post quality on this board.

>$7 per galon target price
Imaging being this retarded

Attached: 1542731950286.png (964x480, 38K)

>it's okay when the whites do it
Come on user, I'm not even some SJW libshit but that's fucking retarded.

lets be real here. africans are never going to modernize.

That nuclear plant number is BS no way one plnat outputs 0.4MW of power. It's probably more like 2MW

They almost modified but then we let some live and like rabbits in australia they set forth and multiplied.

>nickel-metal and lithium ion are very similar
why cell phone manufactures do bigger nickle-metal batteries for their phones?
Serious question.

the chemistry is not as similar as the chart leads on. I'm assuming there is some kind of benefit for Lion over NiMH in use for cell phones and the lot. probably something to do with Lion cells being easier to pack in small.

Wow I never knew ice was such a good battery

HIGH VOLUMES WITHOUT REASON=SPECULATOR ACTIVITES -> IT WILL CONTINUR FALL TILL $7

Not really. Even Chernobyl is like 15mile quarantine and that is the worst disaster in history.

This blatantly ignores the fact that the ICE isn't as energy efficient as the electric

The EV converts a better ratio of the stored chemical energy into useful mechanical motion than the ICE does. EV doesn't need to reach the same level of energy storage as ICE in order to completely btfo ICE, and we've already nearly reached the tipping point.

The future of transportion is electric and anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard.

Unfortunately you can't throw raw uranium ore into a reactor and get go juice. If you're spinning it enough to make water boil you have the technology to spin it enough to make a bomb.

>ICE isn't as energy efficient as the electric

Attached: 1515290340358.jpg (638x1000, 78K)

>tfw went from 28% of my power being nuclear last year to 19% nuclear this year

Essentially, if you believe in global warming there is absolutely zero argument for not being 100% in favor of nuclear power phasing out all coal/oil/gas.

The reality is that environmentalists are themselves a front of global oil industries and try to stymie efforts to expand out of and off oil.

There's a lot more farm animals than people, just use the scrapings from them.

I think its 900 MW per plant, which is roughly on par with what the average nuclear power plant produces actually.

> You need to burn a shitload of coal and mine a shitload of rare earth metals to get a solar panel.

You have to do the exact same thing with oil. Find it, prospect it, dig it out, transport it, refine it, trasnport it, store it, transport it, burn it

Whenever someone makes the argument that gasoline is more efficient than electric, they're always a full retard who points out the logistics of wind/solar/whatever while blatantly ignoring the chain involved in oil.

There is no such thing as diesel fuel. Diesel is a type of engine which can use many different kinds of fuel.

>Diesel is a type of engine which can use many different kinds of fuel
Such compatible fuels are called "diesel fuels"

to be fair electrics are significantly more efficient, so instead of a 5.5 ton battery you'd need like a 1 or 2 ton battery. so still fucking massive

Around 60% of the energy that gas holds, the ICE turns into heat. There are more losses on the drivetrain too.
Electric motors are on the order of 90% efficiency and you could dispense with the transmission unless required to operate on very specific circumstances