> 2018
> Needing more than 8 bits

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gNoBQ5nTeuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I miss actually portable consoles. I have many portables and the onlly ones that actually feel like something you can keep in your poket and forget about is the gbc and the gba. Even the PSP feels too big to be really portable.
what the hell happened?

what kinda pockets do you have that the non-xls don't fit in?

PSP is easier to carry around than the thicc gb in OPs post.

RS-97. Smaller than the GBA and DS Lite. Install the custom firmware and it runs every 2D console.

Attached: o4TI-Bcu4AHE3gsHm0iLvPhNEKMk4wdpekP72Kz-kJ4.jpg (640x481, 53K)

Please discuss your childrens' toys on /v/. Thank you.

8-bit is pretty shit desu, both in terms of limitations and architecture. It wasn't until 16-bit that microprocessors started getting advanced.

most, if not all fit, but they're heavy and annoying. Battery life is shit because of massive screens (I'm thinking nu3dsXL) not to mention they look fucking ridiculous. The switch is the ultimate absurd of what can be considered portable and it really sucks that nintendo actually got away with it. It sets a horrible record for the future. We're like 2 design decisions away from getting literal laptops disguised as a portable console.
Compare the fucken behemoths that are the nu3dsxl and the switch to the gb pocket for instance. Design made sense. Batteries went on forever. Durable hardware. Actually affordable on top of it all.
I just want something with the form factor of the gb pocket (or the gbasp) with everything that made those consoles great in their time. The ODROID-GO got it right in many ways, big companies should be paying attention to devices like that.
yeah I remember that one. Did GBA emulation ever got good?

Attached: IMG_1299-2.jpg (600x450, 52K)

Remember? It was launched a few months ago. You are confusing it with the A320.

And then the battery goes dead and you can't just pop in a fresh set of AAs bought at the closest store.

I actually have an old a320 and a psp 3000. I unironically spent hundreds of more hours on the dingoo because it was so much smaller.
What bumbs me out though is that handheld emulation really hasn't gotten all the better in 10 years. Also android is a shit platform for emulation and I can feel the latency.

BlackBerry + RetroArch = all your portable gaming needs. You can map all the buttons onto the keyboard and the filters look great on screen with such high pixel density.

Man I miss having Dingux on my A320. It was so neat playing SNES and PS1 games on that GBA Micro sized thing. I've still got it but it doesn't work anymore. I have a Caanoo as well, that I just need a new charger cable for. This one even has a full sized USB port

Got a link to a .bar that works?

Attached: dims.jpg (600x317, 23K)

Attached: wantTHIS.jpg (1416x1424, 464K)

>.bar
As much as I wish BB10 wasn't kill it's time to move on. Not sure if the Android version works on it but it's worth a try.

Sometimes I forget Android BlackBerries exist. Either way I'd rather not use an Android app when there's a native port. I've still got to try sideloading the .bar that wouldn't install, maybe that'll fix it

Man
I played so much Bubble Bobble on this one back in -95

>2018
>Needing more than 128x128 pixels

Attached: VMU.jpg (832x1024, 95K)

Anyone else think it's weird that the Gameboy which was made in 1989 and quite underpowered even then was still largely unchanged hardware wise and remained popular into the 2000s with the Pokemon game, even though during that time technology was rapidly advancing much quicker than today. That would be like a brand new game coming out in 2018 for the psp and millions of zoomers playing it, talking about it all the time at school and having it's own TV show.

is there any good handheld games that are not on gb/gba/ds/psp/3ds ?

also how good is say gb/gba emulation on a psp or 3ds? is it 100% or is having a physical gba to play gb/gba still a good idea?

Some guy put an RPi into a VMU. youtu.be/gNoBQ5nTeuk

videogame website

Attached: image.jpg (664x793, 293K)

what, like minecraft?

>Needing more than 8 bits

Attached: CPM_CLUB13.png (986x849, 55K)

>Loli's on the VMU
Wat game?

the GB is fairly comfy to work with

well, the GB had like zero actual competition through the decade
the two that came closest (the Lynx and the Game Gear) ate batteries and were too big (and until the PSP, only the Game Gear actually sold in any real capacity against Nintendo)
really, the GB, given the time, can't really even be considered under-powered given the other important constraints, such as actual portability -- you weren't doing much better than it with in that battery life budget