Besides it not being free and having telemetry/keyloggers preinstalled, what exactly makes Windows inferior to Linux?

Besides it not being free and having telemetry/keyloggers preinstalled, what exactly makes Windows inferior to Linux?
Windows has:
>more software
>software is easier to install
>better hardware and driver support

Linux has:
>less bloat
>better performance
>software installation is quicker and more secure

Attached: images(9).jpg (237x212, 13K)

>open thumbnail view of downloads folder
>takes 3 minutes to load

Paying for the latest version of bloat and telemetry. Spending time removing useless functionality.

At least with Linux you are not charged for shittyness.

t. IBM PC Convertible user

> more software
Subjective. If you're graphic designer, then yes, windows is probably more convenient for you. If you're some kind of programmer or IT guy, you'll probably have a lot of ass pain with installing needed tools and libraries onto windows while on Linux you can do it with one terminal command.

It still surprises me that Windows Explorer has no tab support, and that windows can't natively be made so that one always stays on top. Such basic things that even ancient versions of GNOME and KDE have, yet totally absent from this flagship OS that millions use daily. Completely baffling.

>besides the reasons people avoid windows

>more software
More isn't better. The majority of Windows only software is either useless or malicious.
No it isn't. Not by a long shot. How is finding a site on the web to download a binary from and running through a malware infested wizard easier than running a simple command?
Except for old hardware.

>more software
More software you're interested in, maybe. But with wine, you can get most of the windows programs running, even this 16bit game worked for me that wouldn't install on W7.
Not really. A package manager is easier to use, and there are GUI applications that make it even easier (not like sudo apt install [program]) is hard. This is without arguing about toolbars and shit hidden inside installers. The only thing easier, which is a strong point, is that stuff that comes packaged as an installer can be saved for offline use (if you by chance have no net for whatever reason). But you can find programs packaged like this for Linux as well, albeit it is less common.
Windows does get support for new hardware faster, for sure. There are more man hours spent writing drivers for windows by the companies that make said hardware, but outside of that it isn't true unless you're talking about support as 'customer support'. You'll find many old things work well as is or require a driver available in the repos of the more popular distros. For windows, you're stuck with whatever era OS the drivers were written for. My controller just works when I plug it in on Linux, you need proprietary drivers for it to work properly on windows. Same thing for goes for my usb wifi dongle - I plug it in and I could see the wifi names as soon as I looked up to the screen. On W7, I need to download a 250MB driver package. And for the stuff that's open source (everything should be), you at least have hopes of someone, including yourself, being able to fix potential problems.

I think we have to accept that they were made for different environments. Like sure, windows can break and glass shards can definitely hurt a penguin, but when are penguins realy going to break a window anyway?

doing any kind of work that requires interacting with the os and filesystem on windows is pure pain. The GUI's are inconsistent and incomplete. Half functional legacy shit is every where. Windows is a mess. Older windows software actually runs worse natively than it does in Linux under wine.

Windows is falling apart.

>what exactly makes Windows inferior to Linux
the license, try reading it sometime

After all this time using Linux (4 years aprox) for daily basis and using Windows the things I noticed are this.
Windows has got a strangely large time loading documents or extracting files comparing to Linux.
This is a feeling I have a about it, but I find it less comfy in the matter of when I'm just practising programmation.
In the plus size for me using Windows is the drivers. It's very easy to find and install them.
Most of my games are only Windows (I've been around a year or something without playing, but I'm thinking on returning bc I want to play Skyrim. But some part of my mind says that it won't be worth it, and I'm sticking to Linux since then)
Linux
If you have the time you can make it really good looking.
It's stupidly easy to develop on other Linux machines (or doing things on your Android phone, If you feel like it)
It can be pretty tiring using commands for people I know.
Some drivers don't exist.

Really after all of this I think it's a matter of what you actually need and like.
And I have a question, is Windows really spying all the things you do like Google level, or it's just completely paranoid?

>Windows has:
>>more software
Wrong.
>>software is easier to install
Wrong.
>>better hardware and driver support
Depends on your hardware.

>windows
>linux
>software is faster to install

Attached: 1541603163541.png (215x235, 9K)

Are you retarded? I use Linux on all my devices.

These are false. Also;
Linux updates 5-10x faster than windows.
Linux is more secure.
More useful free software and less scamware/malware.
Better out of the box experience (hardware support, more software)

>More isn't better. The majority of Windows only software is either useless or malicious
This is absolutely true. Windows has TEN (10) fucking RAMdisk software, all of which is freemium and bad while Linux has an out of the box ability to make RAMdisks in the terminal and if you need a GUI for it I'm sure anyone can make it in less than an hour and upload it to github.

>No... NO!!! Impossible!!

Attached: NO STOP IT YOU'RE SPOILING EVERYTHING.png (472x483, 15K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>more software
It's all shit besides photoshop. And there is splenty of software that Windows doesn't have and Linux does.
No it's not, typing apt install in a terminal is no harder. Installing software on windows is just slower and stupider, not easier. For me I'm a programmer so everything I need is actually significantly harder to install on Windows unless I use Windows Subsytem for Linux.
Wrong. Windows 10 does not have support for old hardware, Windows 7 and 8 do not have support for newer hardware. Windows also does not run on anything but an x86 desktop whereas Linux runs on anything from Video game consoles to the rasperry pi.

also if your question is
>What besides spyware, adware, the microsoft backdoor, irremovable bloat, slowness, no package manager, and worse security makes Windows inferior?
That seems like a strange question. It sounds like we've already collected enough reason to deem it garbage.

>keyloggers preinstalled

I want this meme to go.

>inb4 b-b-but that single russian "hacker" using preview version says so