/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Old

Attached: DtFMgR-U4AAoFY3.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/us/oneplus-6-vs-galaxy-s9,review-5453.html
android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/safest-way-disable-all-bloatware-your-galaxy-s9-s9-0183427/
tomsguide.com/us/best-phone-cameras,review-2272.html
youtube.com/watch?v=d7V92Rlygzk
phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Armored-Edition-new-storage-variants_id111486
youtube.com/watch?v=BsHtfLh6azw
youtu.be/VFgHoxmrhfk
youtube.com/watch?v=WT7f6KY7BX8
beebom.com/how-disable-ads-miui-apps/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pseudosmartphonegeneral

Attached: infobar xv.jpg (900x1200, 212K)

My head spins at the prospect of choosing a phone to buy.

If thats your xperia play, user, I envy you

I'm in the same position - fundamentally different set of parameters to understand and research and too many options to consider.

Is it really that envious over a newer and better phone + psp go

What's your favorite S8 case? Got my screen repaired today and I don't want to pay for that shit again.

Just ordered a Redmi note 5 pro, I better have not been meme'd

What's a good gamepad/controller solution for a OnePlus 6? Will a wired connection even work? There don't seem to be many USB-C to Micro-USB OTG cables on the market where I am.

PS4 Controller was ass with Bluetooth. Is that specific to the PS4 controller? Will others work better?

tomsguide.com/us/oneplus-6-vs-galaxy-s9,review-5453.html

can the lighting shortcomings on the oneplus 6t (I assume the 6 and 6t share similar cameras) be overcome with gcam?

>tomsguide.com/us/oneplus-6-vs-galaxy-s9,review-5453.html
These idiots understand nothing about cameras.

Are they hard to find now or something? I picked one up for like $50 last year.

that's honestly cool as h*ck

kyocera is a garbage phone company

How do I stop my S9 making annoying noises like the one when I accidentally hit the Bixby button or open the Google botnet search thing and it reads out my Google username and tells me it's ready to spy on me? It's already on mute shouldn't that be enough? The only noise I ever want it to make is to vibrate and play YouTube vids.

Attached: image.jpg (819x1024, 114K)

Look at the pictures though, the colors in the 6T pics look worse

debloat your s9 and remove bixby forever

you cant debloat the tmobile variant

Pls tell how to debloat the Jow Forums way.

Hi, /spg/.

I've got a Galaxy Note III running Android 5.0. About 2 months ago, I started getting an issue where my phone would lose bars and eventually hang on "searching" or it would display that it has bars, but couldn't make calls or use data. I didn't move, and I won't say I never drop my phone, but this issue didn't coincide with me dropping it.

Research online on what the issue could be led me to trying clearing the cache or factory resetting. The former seems to do nothing, but when I try the latter, it seems to connect like normal for a few minutes to an hour, then the issue eventually returns seemingly at random.

Any ideas? It's infuriating to replace a phone over what is clearly a software issue, and I can't exactly afford to replace it right now.

If it matters, the phone's a used one off ebay that has a bunch of T-Mobile apps on factory settings, and I'm with Bell.

Attached: anime-girl-drinking-smartphone-slice-of-life-short-hair-earring.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

Why is this girl in a men's bathroom??

android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/safest-way-disable-all-bloatware-your-galaxy-s9-s9-0183427/

Can someone help me understand how the fuck to work out what tiers of network an unlocked phone supports for a carrier? I'm finding only an asston of conflicting information about the technologies, their specifications, and designations to the end user.

Take the redmi note 5 on us att, for example. It supports H/H+/2G/3G but not 4G?

Oh, and in case it comes up, I've had this phone for 3 years with no issues, and and the issue did not coincide with me installing or messing with anything.

And I've tried replacing the SIM already.

Sorry for double posting

I want a budget smartphone with best possible camera, mostly around $100.

GSMarena phone finder

Also don't buy an expensive phone because you probably don't need it. Less likely to have buyer remorse. Last year's flagships are still good.

If I might recommend the LG G6 since it's very cheap used now and has all the bells and whistles like sd card slot, OIS, nfc, etc.

ty nibba

I just got a Oneplus 6 and I really dont know how the fuck people are all over these fucking huge phones (inb4 manlet hands)

Android is built around having to reach the top bar all the time and often most apps have all their buttons at the top. Each time I reach up and readjust my grip it feels like im going to drop this thing.

I think im going to try and return this as its just unweildly. Wearing jeans and sitting down it digs into my hipbone.

Its a shame because everything else about it is great. I guess ill have to hold out to the S10 or budget pixel

I want my million dollar flagship with top of the line cameras!

>the S10 or budget pixel
you expect the S10 to be smaller than the OP6?

Yeah they should have s10 and s10+ like they have the last few years and a supposed cheaper version which we dont know the size of.

tomsguide.com/us/best-phone-cameras,review-2272.html
>those fucking comments
are they shills or serious about the Z5 Premium? That shit is ancient.

>best budget camera
>Nokia 7.1
Bullshit article.

XA2 or Galaxy S7? I want a somewhat compact phone under $200 used that works FULLY in the US and these seem to be the only ones that fit the bill (because phones are so giant now). The XA2 dropped in price a lot already on ebay so it seems appealing.

what I wanted:
~5" screen with max 5.5" body
headphone jack
fm radio
dual sim
sd card slot

XA2 has good rom support now and probably will have a better battery since it's newer. But is SD630 much slower than the SD820?

Attached: 1519369937641.jpg (1200x1600, 247K)

Pocophone with gcam

I have one somewhere in my room, it has been a long time since I havent seen it.

Evidently you're just as idiotic as the reviewer. I suggest you don't talk about things your tiny brain can't understand.

Any real differences between the s9+ and the note 9, apart from the stylus, the bigger battery and the larger screen? Is it the exact same camera?

>ooga booga! you idiota!
The s9+ takes better photos and the colors look a lot better than the op6t, fucking chink shill.

>my phone felt like it's dying, but the choices are pretty fucking confusing right now, guess I'll wait until next year
>phone starts to drain battery way harder than before, becoming warm to the touch all the time
>fine, I was having my eyes on 6T anyway
>turned out it was Mi Fit using location services that was draining my battery on both phones
thanks botnet

I DON'T WANT TO SPEND BUX ON A NOTE 9
OR A 6T
I WANT THE POCOSHIT BUT I CAN'T LET MYSELF BUY A LOW BUDGET PAJEETPHONE
WHAT DO I DO

Gcam delivers better colours and contrast, however when shooting in low light stock Night mode is much better that Gcams Night mode (I found it to be too dark)
also proof in this video
>youtube.com/watch?v=d7V92Rlygzk

Buy a cheap mix 2s, it's basically the same price as the pocoshit but better

I'm not even making any claims on what's better, but the fact that you can only resort to superficial claims like "it's better", only serves to emphatically prove your stupidity, and complete lack of understanding on how cameras work.

OP 6. $420 and a step above Poco

It says please insert sd card

>superficial claims
yeah okay mate

Yea It's kinda big. I have no problem using it (I come from also big OP one), but the carrying comfort does suck, especially when you put a case on
Sadly this is the trend of today's smartphones and we have no choice but to adhere to it. The only decent phones under 150mm are Pixel3, Galaxy s9 and Xperia XZ2

>3300mAh
>$150 more expensive (50%)
>step up

If only it wasn't more power anemic than an iphone

>phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Armored-Edition-new-storage-variants_id111486
Alright boyos, you've convinced me on the pocomeme. But is waiting for a cheaper armored edition worth it?

It's not. Just slap a case on it. You don't even need more than 64gb

it's plastic anyway, fuck the case just get a nice skin

Should I buy the OP6T? I just want something that shits on my Xperia XZ, especially in the camera department. Is there a stable pixel 3 gcam port available?

are you okay with the lackluster 4G support?

He didn't specify he was in the US.

Yup, fortunately not an ameriburger so should be all good for reception.

DO I BUY THE POCOSHIT
I'd much rather have the OP6T with the teardrop notch, better camera and oxygen os.

Bump. Anything?

yes. you donwload gcam port from xda-developers, it's all stable
also look here

Well, a friend told me to remove and reinsert the battery, and that worked.

I dunno how.

Stop buying chink phones.

Attached: 1526142365694.png (606x190, 20K)

Yeah, but the Pocophone costs half of a 6T

...Or not. There it goes.

depends how much is $200 to you.
If it's your monthly allowance then keep it, but if it's your 2-3 day wage then fuck it, it's worth spending it to not have a daily reminder that you got an inferior product.
I got 6Gb 6T instead of 8Gb to save $30, and I already regret it on a daily basis. I know those 2Gb won't make a fuck of a difference, but that's how stupid human brain works..
tl;dr Just get what you want, that's what money is for

I have an Xperia PLAY here somewhere.
Is it still good enough to play games on the go if I disable all not-needed phone features?
Any ROMs optimized for this?
And should I skip Google Play Services in this case and just sideload everything?

Ignore this. It's not in its original package so I have no idea where I put it...

>teardrop notch
Get out of here.
>better camera
Debatable, especially with Gcam.
>oxygen os
AKA any AOSP based custom ROM with a few extra tweaks, but proprietary. Not impressive. You also lose a micro SD card slot and a 3.5mm jac, along with 300 mAh of battery capacity.

Jack*

Okay so after the last vinyl music player update I've been getting "failed to connect to the server" messages when it tries to display the changelog for about a week. I think I used apkpure or f-droid to update it.
Then yesterday night it suddenly worked and after I hit ok on the changelog, I got texts about a subscription to some lottery 5 bucks weekly.

Went to my service provider today and they said they disabled it but the first 5 bucks is already transferred.

What kind of bullshit is that?
Kaspersky tells me nothing is wrong with my phone.

What should I do? Reset the phone to factory settings? (Oneplus 5T btw)

Next OP image:

found the faggot who watches linus everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=BsHtfLh6azw

Attached: heinzannie_3149560385.jpg (1080x1080, 145K)

She's holding the phone upside down

Pocophone with GCam existed way before that faggot discovered it. Maybe you're the faggot who watches that fag, otherwise you wouldn't know he made that video

>everything else is way better
But muh 700 mAh.

I can't buy Sony, they sell overpriced shitty phones these days.

>Debatable, especially with Gcam.
not even remotely
details look fuzzy as fuck with the pocoshit, compared with the op6t
I want sharp detailed pictures, the gcam alone won't help poco with that

Any comparison photos?

>no expandable storage
>glass back for no reason
>AMOLED burn in
>camera isn't even any better youtu.be/VFgHoxmrhfk

>pays 56% extra to get some small improvements
>same processor and Ram
>no SD slot and the phone lasts 20% less
>way better

youtube.com/watch?v=WT7f6KY7BX8
As expected, you're just talking out of your ass.

He's probably a sour grapes burger

Pocophone with lineageOS, sphynx kernal and Viper4Android modded in makes it a god-tier phone for its cost.
I get around 10 hours of screen time from a full charge. I struggled to get 5 consistently from my old HTC 10.

My first Xiaomi phone ( Redmi Note 5 Pro) is about to arrive, can you recommend me a custom ROM or the default MIUI is fine?

t. Sonygger

Post screenfetch

Attached: Screenshot_Termux_20181130-134151.png (1920x1080, 154K)

At 4:44, check the chain he's wearing. It looks way fuzzier on the poco
pic related, 6T is the bottom pic

Attached: op6t.jpg (142x157, 8K)

You can't root it for a period of time (could be 3 days to a month depending on your specific model) anyways, so see if you like MIUI. If not try LineageOS or Xiaomi.eu unofficial ROMs.

>MIUI 10 on RN3P actually uses less ram than MIUI 9
Praise be chink overlords,.

install lineage

Thanks.

btw disable the ads first
beebom.com/how-disable-ads-miui-apps/

This is helpful, thanks again.

depends on what model number it is
for example, I purchased the M1803E7SH Latin American model and I'm on H2O (At&t MVNO) and it picks up B2, B4, and B5 LTE so far

Is Redmi Note 5 Pro powerful enough to run bandori without stuttering?

Attached: Screenshot_Termux_20181130-072430.png (1920x1080, 158K)

Even my RN3P can run bandori.

IT'S IN MY BLOOD TO HAVE NICE THINGS

Nah it's not much slower and yeah you get a newer battery and android 8 and a sexier design without glass back.