How do you keep up with tech?

How do you keep up with tech?

Attached: 390056.jpg-r_1280_720-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg (300x400, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oGMx_Cw0lCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>check arxiv every day, use a news aggregator, read lobsters, hackernews, paperkast, standard, read mailing lists

uuuh the internet?

Spend 12 hours a day on the internet

Wow, Bitwit has buffed up

rss

Jow Forums

/thread
I don't use any website that isn't Jow Forums(nel) and this has been the case since I started lurking /b/ 7 years ago.

I haven't, most of my pc is circa 2014, keyboard is from the 90's, only the HDD's are newish

I read research papers on different subjects.
I don't trust whorenalists and hobbyists, I want a more rational approach to things.

Jow Forums
arxiv sanity
hackernews
periodically reading blogs or twitter of big names
youtube

Schweinskopf al dente?

>arxiv
>90% machine learning research

unless you're in the field of ML or AI I don't see the average tech enthusiast using that site.

Tbh I am not working in machine learning. Just keeping up with the trends to get conversational in the field and understand technical-ish presentations.
So when AI eventually disrupts my field, I will be among the ones to stay afloat.
Plus I don't want to be like the ones who refused the transition from analog to digital, nor the ones who refused using FORTRAN because its code was not as efficient as doing everything by hand from scratch.

Muh neural networks.

>I don't see the average tech enthusiast using that site.
tech enthusiasm is glorified consumerism, all they care is shiny new toys and how to use them, they couldn't care less about the technology under the hood.
It's a trend in programming languages too, you see less and less competen devs as the new ones focus on higher-level languages and don't care about the tech under-the-hood.
Many knows about lambdas and async/await in js, so few can comprehend/explain how it works.

deep learning is the best thing that happened to tech in the last 2 decades.
Forget the buzzwords, focus on the underlying technologies which are mostly statistics and graph theory.

>How do you keep up with tech?
This sentence is reminding me of this advert:
youtube.com/watch?v=oGMx_Cw0lCc

Attached: BMSSPFJ.jpg (960x640, 128K)

>focus on the underlying technologies which are mostly statistics and graph theory.
>focus on the math and not the actual programming

mostly based on*
forgot a word.
for example, I prefer developing tensorflow/keras than using them.
It's easy to set a nn within minutes, not so easy to implement it efficiently.

I don't, I've settled with my old core 2 shmuo computers and a $50 phone with Lineage, everything is running modern OS's tho. Fuck new tech, nothing amuses me anymore, everything is botnet or shitware even if WOO FANCY ALCANTARA NOTCHLESS 8GB OF RAM AMOLED SHINY

I don't. The newest thing I own is that Nokia 3310 re-release. Everything else is atleast 5 years old.

I can't, I just use long lasting tech like torrents, emacs, linux and rss feeds.

I don't keep up with tech. I actively avoid new tech until there's a version of it where I'm not going to get owned a few years down the line.

same lol
i do tend to braaappost more than anything, though

Attached: okNxZve.jpg (736x951, 68K)