IDE for C++?

So i'm learning C++ and my biggest gripe with it so far is fucking finding a good IDE or some shit.

I'm currently using DevCPP to work in, what do any of you guys recommend i should use?
I've heard that Visual Studio is good But the 10+ gigs meme is retarded.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached: 1515582312672.jpg (1440x810, 155K)

vscode and look up some yt tut to set it up with clang.

During the five fucking years it finally took me to grok emacs — which you should really do — I used SlickEdit. You can get it for pretty much any platform, it supports just about anything, and it’s pretty great. The downside is it’s commercial and expensive.

As an aside, I like buying software and I’m always looking for a better editor. In the last decade I’ve looked into buying another editor several times. I never do because emacs. It’s psychoticall hard to get used to, usually requires a shit ton of customization to get it to do what you want, you really fucking need to map the caps-lock key to ctrl, but once you get it, pretty much nothing else will do.

emacs (with evil mode of course)

Qt Creator

Dev-C++

Clion

I’ve always wanted to try out evil mode — I do use vi homerow nav keys — but since I use a dvorak layout it’s always been more trouble than I thought it was worth. Hmm...maybe I’ll search around again, maybe somebody has one already. But with a big and old .emacs file and a bunch of minor modes modded to work with dvorak...it may be too late to do anything but hack up a super small nav/edit mode toggler...

>grok emacs

I say that IRL. Also, if I'm at the salad bar and I can't find something, I tell the staff I can't grep the croutons.

Hot babes slip me their digits all the time.

Fuck IDEs, use Sublimetext3 if you're not willing to use vim or emacs. Install some plugin for linting and learn to use GDB

you could probably just rebind the keys 1:1 as if you were using qwerty

Is new game! good?

>Fuck IDEs
What is wrong with making your life easier?

vscode with c++ plugin

>What is wrong with making your life slooowly?
Fixed.

Clion + IdeaVim is state of the art.

Absolutely.

Attached: 1472495141380.jpg (1280x1087, 697K)

Assuming OP doesn't have any experience, bloated slowass IDEs generally are the worst way to learn anything.
I'd recommend learning to use the compiler directly via command line so you understand whats happening with linking libs and stuff like that, only then build tools (makefiles, cmake) and IDE if you feel like so (and you wont, after you get used to a good text editor you will never be able to use those dogshit slow basic editors IDEs have)

That doesn’t play well with other modes and other bindings I have. The dangers of extensive customization...

>java-based ide for C/C++ is state of the art
No.

If you want something lightweight try Geany or juCi++

It's no masterpiece, but still pretty entertaining.

Attached: 1529998444315.png (1371x1956, 2.41M)

Vscode+compiler (it even opens a terminal in the vscode window for ez compiling)

Ooooooooooooh a terminal window? So, like every decent editor created since the 1970s?

Vim didn't do that :^)

Or if it does do that it was easier to type pacman -Syu code and use a modern text editor

For small project ok for for big project, nothing beat fullscreen terminal.
I read valgrind logs in terminal and I wouldn't do that in a tiny ass 80 per 60 lines windows

VSCode has all the xtensions you need

Literally use nano or a notepad you monkey

You can resize the terminal on vscode, so at least compared to the windows cmd, it's way better, can make it encompass the whole editor if you want.

:sh

I use a mac, so I still use iterm2 with zsh even though emacs shell integration is pretty great for certain modes. Because iterm2 is fucking spectacular.

I used codeblocks when I started learning c++ a few years ago.

Vscode does it automagically

Visual Studio is the best C++ IDE.

This is an objective fact.

If you're on Windows try Visual Studio. Also the size depends on which packs you install with it. Of course you don't need everything.

10GB is if you're conservative with what you install.
If you install everything it gets many times that size.

Meant for

I really like the look of the current visual studio, sucks that it sucks for C, and that it's pretty damn heavy, even if you trim it a lot.

>automagically

I don't use windows and I prefer having a fullscreen terminal on a second screen.

You mean when you press the compile button? you can make vim do that too.

emacs

Fuck that shit I'm not making a makefile for my homework

I prefer CLion. It’s a fancy text editor that sits atop CMake. Got licenses for my team at work and they’re pretty productive with it.

I like Eclipse CDT, but I'll be the first one to admit that it's kind of shit. I just hate it less then Visual Studio or CLion.

Attached: 1527791300289.png (565x541, 165K)

>The downside is it’s commercial
Are you lost? Do you know where you are?
Recmmend something that isn't a turd next time you post

Stop supporting non free software. Also it uses fucking swing.

>electron
No thanks. I will not load a browser into memory just to edit some files.

Use QT Creator.
It's fucking easy to use and also works under Linux.

Does it have debugging?

I use CodeBlocks.

>debugging c++
Good luck with that.

Attached: gccoutput[1].png (1904x838, 273K)

Attached: Doushio 1.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

If you start from the top and Google error messages its not too bad

I know. I'm just memeing. But the error messages generated by boost gave me PTSD. Fuck template meta programming. Thank god for constexpr.

cont.
Just from experience I can tell by the "disregards qualifiers" at the end that this is caused by a violation of const correctness.

Templates are ass I agree

They are great, if you don't use them for meta programming. Real chads split their temple classes between source and header files, manually instantiating every single case.

Yes.

Bugs aren't exclusive to C++ and this output isn't that hard to debug.

>forget to add something unrelated to the template in the header file
>2000 lines of error gets thrown into terminal

And that's how I learned why error log files are important