Meme languages

Where the fuck are all these meme languages coming from?

And why? Is this just a plot so companies can pull the “oh we don’t have enough workers to do all the coding we need, so we have to hire a bunch of cheap poos” card?

Attached: 13CAC171-DF24-4CFF-9F8B-F642045981B9.png (493x202, 29K)

Scala is just a let's make java functional but acutally not keep it oop switcheroo. Soon you have two javas, kotlin and c#

FUCK Java
Anything that can make that autistic pajeet piece of shit language disappear from the surface of the earth is good

Don’t forget about h*skell and Ocaml

Well people have actually written useful software in scala so it's already less of a meme than the real meme languages like hasklel.

>Where the fuck are all these meme languages coming from?
Don't know about Scala specifically, but LLVM made writing a compiler relatively easy.

I actually use quite a lot of Scala in my job (distributed systems for big data). It'a pain in the ass to learn but once you get the hang of it you're pretty much a wizard and everybody in the office hates/needs you.

Good luck finding decent scala devs from India. Do you even write code? You sound like a 17 year old

Must've been what happened to OP. Do you use fs2? It's fucking GOAT

>Soon you have two javas, kotlin and c#
This.

I dun geddit, scala is nothing like java unless you go out of your way to write poo code

Mainly itching a specific scratch.
Not really a thing Indians are into. They are more C#, Java guys

researching scala I encountered two different functional programmings libraries with their own ecosystem and found out that the language devs will shift towards oop rather than fp

That's cats and scalaz. I use the typelevel stack with cats which is a remarkably coherent ecosystem. Fs2 (amazing stream library) , http4s and doobie (database interaction) are absolute gems and they just werk and they're all fully functional with very little oop garbage.

>Scala
>meme
Aren't there any people with an IQ greater than 80 left on this board?

Gee is by far worse than r*ddit when it comes to coding ability. How fucking sad is that

Because language design has improved in 20 years

How much fuckery would it take to use a scalaz library in your cats ecosystem?

Gee is worse than diy arduino coders

Not sure. I don't think it would be much of a problem, but I don't see the benefit either. As for effects, cats IO, scalaz IO and Monix Task can all be used with little boilerplate.

At least they keep at it till the LED starts blinking

Attached: scalagay.png (883x1228, 309K)