/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Old

Attached: 46295020_332060057378068_2559511375070557446_n.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rfiFitSrcvk?t=717
forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/how-to/how-to-disable-hisearch-guide-t3863411
beebom.com/how-disable-ads-miui-apps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Poco F2 with foldable screen 2019

there might be a new viral meme smartphone brand by then though

Attached: huawei-mate-20-and-mate-20-pro-1.jpg (2000x1223, 655K)

2nd for chinks finally sent my Mi 8, less than 6 hours from the order auto-closing.

Nah. Xiaomi keeps the best stuff for its higher end models. Hence why the camera is worse then the Mi 8 despite using the same sensor

Doubtful. Xiaomi is probably the only one who will subside the hardware to get you to buy it's services.

Anyone ever use a clear case? Do they get dirty/are scuffs more noticeable?

I've always just gone with a black TPU case for all my phones and it's never let me down. But I just got an LG V30 in silver and this clear Coveron case on a whim, and I really like how it looks. I'm just concerned it'll fuck me later on down the line.

Attached: MVIMG_20181130_163848.jpg (1560x2080, 897K)

will get yellow in about a year but they sure look nice

Yeah mine got filthy after a year, it was just a cheap gel one though.

Thank you.

There are working roms with it, but they are just older versions like Resurrection Remix from May 2018

>Trying to see if the Note 5 uses TLC, SLC, or MLC eMMC
>No site says
FML, I want this to last years.

I want some advice, I don't have a problem with 3G/LTE bands or carriers or anything

I can't see anything better than the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 at that listed price, where can I acquire it? aliexpress?

Is it possible to connect a smartphone or tablet to PC and use it as drawing device? are there any apps that allow to do this?

I bought a tablet recently but the specs were fake, basically I got scammed and who knows what keylogger or botnet they installed on it after hacking the bios, I haven't connected it to the internet a single time and I have only used it as notebook or ebook and manga reader but the touch-screen's resolution seems pretty good so it feels a waste to not use it for anything else.

Are there seriously idiots here who believe Xiaomi Phones have better ROMs than OnePlus's?

I think the Note 9 (and probably the Note 8) can do that, especially with the DeX function.
youtu.be/rfiFitSrcvk?t=717
But really you'd be better off with the MS Surface. Ipad works too but that is pretty limited for a tablet in functionality.

I fell for the dongle meme and bought a 6T after having an iPhone for a few years so I have questions about which non shit apps I should get
I heard Nova launcher is shit and bloated now, what are some other nice launchers
Is Flud still a good torrent app
Also what's the best 4channel app now

What would Jow Forums recommend for a burger looking to upgrade from their 5 dollar Kroger phone to something that doesn't crash constantly?

Flipkart has the cheapest price. There are services to import from flipkart to any country without VAT tax.

I don't want to buy a new tablet, I got an unused one already which I want to use as drawing tablet, but all I can find is that wifi server thing, I don't have a wifi adapter on my pc so I wanted something that works though USB.

Oh well I guess thank you all the shills for shilling Note 9, just put an order on it.

Attached: mykindofguy.png (756x96, 9K)

What magisk/root modules are a must?

I have YT Vanced, Adaway, ExSDCard Access Enabler because shit wasnt working and iOS 12.1 Emojis

Is there a way to manually turn off the navigation bar in Android Phones? Some apps seem to do it automatically, but I'm testing PPSSPP, and the white bar is just permanently there on the right. Is this an application-side thing? I don't want burn in.

Bump

You can on samsung ui anyway by searching for navigation bar in settings. It's still on the home screen tho.

Nova hasn't changed much in my experience, it's fine.
Downloading torrents on your phone is still retarded.
I won't tell you the best Jow Forums app you shit.

>mfw own s8 and new s10 looks like shit
Yeah boys never upgrading

Attached: roHymnz.gif (320x240, 989K)

>tfw oneplus 6
rip

I don't even see ppsspp in the fullscreen mode menu under display. Guess I won't be playing PSP games.

The best Jow Forums app is BaconReader.

Use gestures, dummy. If you're too much of a fag to do that, try gaming mode.

You will eventually.

>tfw just went from galaxy nexus to pixel 3

Id hope so im already bored with this one

Do you think the Chinese government have backdoors into all the chinkshit phones?
It's almost certain, right?

Yes, along with the Israeli backdoor in your Snapdragon SoC.

Good fucking GOD. I got the free year of Sprint unlimited data service and holy shit are they a hassle to deal with. Activating a new phone, getting the right SIM, dealing with CDMAshit in general, I'm seriously wondering why I'm actually putting up with this because I spent all day today and yesterday trying to flash a phone & make it work with my existing, already-activated SIM, only to have it crash down today when I tried to schmooze the pajeets in the live chat. And it still costs about $6.24 a month in just taxes+fees..........should I seriously just switch to some ultra-cheap MVNO? I don't use that much data anyway, maybe even

Hey idiot, gestures don't work, nor does gaming mode.

I mean use the gestures in OxygenOS instead of the stupid navbar that takes up screen real estate and burns in your screen.

How is the OnePlus 6T

Is it generally a bad idea to disable the notch when given the option? Was Apple right to not let users disable it? I read it causes severe burn in.

Great if you're okay with an average camera and no headphone jack. I love mine.

It's kind of a reverse burn-in. Since the black pixels in the hidden notch are off, they don't degrade while the rest of the screen does, so it will look off eventually.

how's the camera average?

It's average compared to real flagships like Pixel or iPhone.

I think it's good

I've gone from LG G3 --> G5 --> XZ1 compact which I returned because I couldn't get used to the size.
Sick of LG because they run hot as balls and the battery life sucks. I'd like an aluminium case.
Should I just get the full sized XZ1? How's their battery life?

I need to replace the screen on my pixel and im thinking of doing it myself.

When looking through ebay a screen and digitizer (dont think I need a new digitizer but should be easier to repair if its all in one) but all the asians are advertising it as a replacement LCD screen. Is this correct? will it not be an OLED?

guys, all the girls are complimenting me on my yellow iphone at the school gym. Naisu.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Prime+ I got almost two years ago, it was a good phone except that it only had 8GB of internal memory, from which 6GB were used by the OS so I ran out of space quickly. I'm planning on replacing it soon since a while ago the touch got screwed and it constantly minimizes the apps by itself, so whenever I'm using it I have to press the minimize icon so it can stay still.

What's the general opinion about Huawei? Here in Mexico their phones are promoted a lot, my brother even bought one to my mother claiming that it was way cheaper and with some really good features, but they're chinese.

Yeah. That's a given since by law they have to hand over any data the government requests

huawei has a locked bootloader so no root or rom, also botnet

Can I add an email to Gmail app without it being synced to the whole phone

What is this movie called?

Will an OTG Cable work connecting a OnePlus 6 to a controller?

Are there even any gamepads with USB-C OTG cables bundled in?

PS4 controller is not an option because I can't find any Micro-USB to USB-C OTG cables where I live. Not even on AliExpress.

I'm going to update from my galaxy s5 active soon I think. Can I get some reccomendations?
USA AT&T Tracfone. Not sure on budget. I dont want it to be too bad but I cant spend $1000 or anywhere near it really.

Attached: tumblr_piij94DOHi1tgcfi0o1_1280.png (777x767, 660K)

Are there any rumours for the S10 yet? I'm due an upgrade around March

Reminder to disable Hisearch for Huawei and all Xiaomeme ads.
forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/how-to/how-to-disable-hisearch-guide-t3863411
beebom.com/how-disable-ads-miui-apps/

I'm not a brainlet and use a custom rom so I don't have to worry about this.

Some people actually like MIUI and you can't unlock bootloader on Huawei phones anymore.

you can disable adds on setup Dingus, it gives you the option plain as fucking day

are dumbphones practical
should i drop smartphones

If you like MIUI or buy phones with locked bootloaders you are a brainlet.

It doesn't disable all ads that way.

>he doesn't buy phones that come unlocked
never gonna make it

If I live in Burgerland should I go for a Mi Mix 3 when the global variant launches or should I get a OP6T instead? I never use my front facing camera so the sliding mechanism with the Mi Mix 3 seems more ideal for me but there's MIUI, 3200mAh battery, risk of something going wrong with the sliding mechanism and the fact that there's no warranty for it when I import it. The OP6T has better battery life, better skin of Android, no mechanism and actual warranty out of the box but it's a bit more expensive.
Also I'm on Verizon.

no but it disables the adds within MIUI that everyone bitches about

It's a guarantee that you're spied on if you use any modern electronics. The question is by whom

What's the best smartphone for around $150 & $250 respectively? I know xiaomi is commonly recommended but I plan to give it to my mom and I don't know how reliable those are?

Attached: jhihi.jpg (750x838, 70K)

there will be no issue with the sliding mechanism, this shit is way overblown
what you should be worried about is the OLED panel on the OP6T burning out and losing brightness after two years

they're quite reliable and user friendly for a normalfag like your ditz of a mother

Rude. My mom is an anime girl

your mom is a touhou slut

iPhone XR

What is the best Galaxy Note in terms of features and reliability?

The new Note is beautiful and i have heard some great things, which Note should i buy! :^)

Attached: 1543542785362.jpg (600x800, 193K)

god i wish

Aren't pajeet stock most likely to come with light bleed though?

as do I, she's getting quite boring really
like a dying fish in the bottom of a boat gasping its last breath

Only the first batch of Pocomeme beta testers are affected

Not for most people. If you are a NEET then go for it. The advantages of being able to have a computer everywhere is immense.

Jow Forums is generally pretty happy with their Xiaomemes but you could consider Nokia phones in your price bracket, they are built like a brick and on android one.

yeah but i hate the big size and no keyboard

Every single Mix 3 review I've read or seen pointed out surprisingly good battery life despite the capacity. Also most of them pointed out there's a bit of a gap and give between the screen and the phone body. Won't be an issue for the mechanism itself as it's internal, but dust and fluff could accumulate in there.
Huawei did a much more elegant slider solution with their Magic 2, but due to the implementation, had to sacrifice wireless charging.
In any case the Mix is a class above the 6T.
If money's not an issue, the Note 9 is a really impressive device, otherwise the Note 8 is cheaper but almost the same.

I'm looking at the samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it has some really nice specs for an almost 3 year old model, but the curved screen worries me a lot, I've always believed it's a really bad desing prone to crashing. Any opinions about that phone because other than that, the specs are really good.

OnePlus is best

Which gaming phone should I buy?

>gaming phone

THIS IS THE NEW GAMING LAPTOP

Attached: 1537323151813.gif (652x562, 626K)

We run this country now, granpa

Commando

Recommend me an app for manga

this

mangadogs. you won't find it on cucked places tho

Is there anything new that compares to the xperia z ultra? Mine cracked and I miss it. It still felt futuristic compared to everything else out there.

Attached: dsc06628.jpg (619x411, 53K)

>rumors that flat screened S10 won't have a headphone jack

fucking WHY

theres a pajeet in here that loves to shitpost about le touchjizz but tbqh, you can't do any better than a note9/s9 although the exynos versions aren't as good which is fucking annoying

a
>samefagging this hard

Attached: 1523521433420.jpg (500x307, 39K)

Raj its 4:32 am, can you not start this shit when i've just woken up

>anyone who says Samshit is garbage is a street shitter
wew, project much? I bet having a Samsung in New Delhi is like having a Bentley in the developed world

>4:32 AM
>GMT
should have known it was a filthy Paki, you must be as around of that Samshit device almost as much as your 20 year old Mercedes you barely drive around Birmingham in collecting 10 year old white girls

OMNIBALANCE DESIGN ERA XPERIAS WERE THE GOAT

THE ZL WAS THE MOST PERFECTLY PROPORTIONED 5" PHONE

THEN SONY WENT RETARDED WITH THE VERTICAL BEZELS
THEY KEPT THE BOXY TIGHT RADIUS CORNERS THOUGH SO THERES STILL HOPE

EVERYONE ELSES CORNERS ARE WIDE AND GAY
GAAAAAAAAAAY

>call you a paki
>n-no you're the paki
found the gross self loathing shitskin
fuck back to your own country m8 and stop crying because you can't afford anything more expensive than Jow Forums approved budget chink shit

guess I should buy a screen on ebay and try the repair huh