The chad boomer Luke has spoken. Prepare yourselves nerds, the day of the swirlie is coming...

The chad boomer Luke has spoken. Prepare yourselves nerds, the day of the swirlie is coming, and it will purge the brainlets from this board, and make Jow Forums a better place.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zj7uMb662GM

Attached: dab_on_the_nerds.webm (1920x1080, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lukesmith.xyz/blog/note-to-newfriends--don-t-share-my-content-on-Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shut the fuck up luke and stop shitposting on Jow Forums with shitty youtube eceleb bullshit

t. seething nerd

lukesmith.xyz/blog/note-to-newfriends--don-t-share-my-content-on-Jow Forums-.html

Based Luke, using reverse psychology so people share his videos with even more force!

I disagree with Luke Smith on a lot of things, but he ain't wrong on this.

Fucking autistic nerds.

Although you're a huge faggot for shitposting about him. I must say that Luke is a fucking alpha mad lad.

How can I become a CHAD like Luke?
All this video did was make me blackpilled.

Attached: 1536936873672.jpg (704x720, 51K)

I am not as outwardly autistic as I once was, but I still am very much into a few select things - tech being one of them.

Respect for Luke Yet I don't feel bad about being a "nurd."

>everyone who matters on Jow Forums already watches my channel
>10+ minute video with no valuable content
lmao, imagine being this delusional

Stop advertizing your shitty channel here, Luke

well fuck looks like im chad now, later virgins

Attached: chad.jpg (600x584, 23K)

try being mindful of how you come across to people who don't give a shit about how much you know about your niche interests. He basically said this

Are you still apologizing for white nationalists and nazis or did you finally wise up?

wtf? I love Luke now!

>says college isn't worth your time while getting a phd
>says don't use a smart phone but has a smart phone

>Hyperspecialization is bad
>Is hyperspeiialized

Luke is just projecting.

Yeah, he puts the Fash in Fashion. He's also gay, so there's something for everyone with this guy.

made it to 3 minutes something, this guy is peak yt cancer

Honestly, I think he is right. However - he thinks he's smarter than he actually is, and his ignorance rubs on me the wrong way. Perhaps he still didn't come out of the 'put on a wall around you' phase. Get moving Luke, you're already older than most of us here

This.

People agreeing with this guy are possessed by the same sort of social paranoia this fucking nerd obviously obsessed over back then in highschool (as his little reminiscence shows us) and still obsesses over now. He identifies himself through his stupid little youtube video-blog. And as if the projection wasn't enough, it's all spoken as if in an egoless flight above the masses. The arrogance. Talk about self-awareness -- Luke couldn't.

Besides, who the fuck who isn't autistically NPC wants to hyperspecialize in a single pocket of being, and why should we care about those incompetent fucks? This video is like a finger pointing at all the retards who seize at any opportunity to rise above the common image a board geist-ly has of itself, because they secretly identify with the lowest of it. Stupid predictable animals.

Attached: 1506088762192.jpg (640x449, 28K)

Oh so the hypocrite decided to make another "insight on society". I find it funny how he says focusing on something specific is a bad idea yet he wasted a ton of time on learning how to use software that not only isn't intuitive but also no one bothers using and the only purpose of it is to save a couple MB on your drive and run properly on older machines when you can buy a 1TB SSD for ~130$ and quad core laptops with SSDs + 8GB of RAM for less than 400$ lol...

I love how neo-Jow Forums think channels like Luke's are worth a shit when in reality, he has no idea how software is made and why software companies make certain decisions/act in some way or another (like most people who mindlessly follow the whole "this is bloat" mentality). He doesn't have a degree on any course related to the technology field, his grasp on operating systems is merely futile things teenagers discuss on a forum. Sometimes I think he only changes his distro of choice to appeal to others like him.

Attached: 1538516699577.jpg (573x749, 153K)

there is no concrete evidence that Luke has EVER had a relationship with women (female), meanwhile he always has a "roommate" wherever he lives

The bald head is the only thing protecting him from the day of swirly

I was interested in using Linux for a while and I came across his videos by chance. he dissuaded me from ever using a Linux desktop. now, whenever people ask me about using Linux, I show them his videos.

Tuning your operating system to your liking isn't a waste of time, it likely could save time in the long run. Also it definitely wasn't a waste of time for Luke here because he now makes money over the fact that he has done this.

You talk about "neo-Jow Forums" but you sound like a newfag to me.

Meanwhile, in the real world professionals at Google, Amazon, etc... run stock ubuntu/macOS/windows 10 with no tweaks even to the shell whatsoever. Also, lmaoing@you for calling me a newfag hahahah

T. Newfag

oh wow u sure showed me user :^) !!!

Attached: 1538516868456.jpg (3088x2320, 1.08M)

He is a PhD student, of course he always has roommates. I had a married man living with us in dorms during college.
However, I do doubt Luke ever touched a woman. He claims he had several girlfriends but his stories sound a bit off.

You're a seething nerd?

You're a newfag?

what happened to forum tho?

why does he use so many slightly outdated buzzwords and dogwhistles it's cringe af and his subscriber base seems genuinely impressed

Attached: 1540080934561.gif (323x678, 105K)

dogwhistles such as?

What social paranoia are you referring to?

> i didn't click on your video
dab on this

Why is that projection exactly rather than plain hypocrisy?

He's arab which makes it 100x better

Based.

Attached: repent-sinner.png (1222x1177, 256K)

>youtube sucks
>i'm going to upload to it, promote it's usage and spam my channel on Jow Forums
>doesn't even upload videos elsewhere

What the fuck is wrong with this board? Who is this retarded nu-cunt memelord faggot?

why does it matter what they use? as long as you can get stuff done it doesn't matter and he does. shilling of his channel has to stop, though.

>learns how to use software that's unintuitive
What's not intuitive about binding commands to key presses? Why must one be constrained to dragging one's mouse all the way to a little icon and double-clicking it? Why must one suffer to use a touchpad or a mouse when all that you need is a trackpoint for pointing and keyboard to type on? Also, he likes using shit that stays out of his way and does what he wants.

It's not like he's claiming to be doing anything mind-blowing - just using software that's been around and is adequate for his use-case.

Stop being a petty faggot.

Has a phd and "...learning to use software..." sounds like more than specializing in one thing. Add on top, his youtube channel, website, and popularity.
"Jack of all trades, master of none" was a good thing, not to long ago. It meant you were a well rounded person that wasn't worthless. Being good at one thing is only meant for programs, not humans. If all you can do is a very specific task and you can't socialize, take care of yourself, take care of your property, or anything else then you are worthless.

DELETE

>everyone who matters on Jow Forums already watches my channel

Made me feel good.

Attached: moe.png (673x604, 407K)

not him, but you don't understand the value of time. The amount of time wasted into tuning i3/awesome/we and comfiguring ranger and the other stuff turns into money wasted if you are a professional, considering you can achieve the same functionality with zero effort on a stock xfce. Hell even stock gnome, which is shit, is good enough to be productive. You need shell, browser, file search, file manager and the software you work with. It's just autistic-tier fizzbuzzing to convince yourself you're "good at it" and you are "optimizing". In reality is just a hobby for non-professionals, like modelism, painting or so. Don't you think google team zero would have developed their own riced i3 loonix from scratch distro if it was so hugging (complying with linux CoC here) superior? Or you think luke smith is more skilled than them? The reality is, it's utterly useless in developing and production environments.

Just because he's projecting it doesn't mean he's not right. Most people are also talking to themselves when they share wisdom because it's exactly where wisdom comes from.

>> hates nerds

Attached: nerds.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

It was too much like Jow Forums. Basically Jow Forums 2.0, where everyone is a tripfag. Nobody wants that. So he shut it down until he knows how to attract less brainlets.

I will never respect or say to anything a vim user has to say.

>Angry nerds ITT

It's true. It was the boomer economy that allowed you to get good at a single skill like pressing mattresses and 5 years later you'd own a house in full. You can't get away with that shit nowadays unless you have family in the biz or you give some Jew a handy.

This guy tries WAY too hard.

he shut it down because he worried how the content could harm his linguistics career(haha)

>How Luke gets ready to emphasize the 'B' in Boomer

Attached: 4343.jpg (533x799, 47K)

Luke is a boomer-tier faggot who's head is too far up his own ass. He's nu-Jow Forums incarnate and abuses shitty newfag memes for clicks because "le epin Jow Forums fanbase XD."
He's one of those "people" who think that understanding baby-politics makes them an enlightened individual and that they're special for it, when in reality it's a thing that most people know and are aware of.
His only good videos are on latex and groff, everything non-tech is pseudo intellectual bait for retards.

>not him, but you don't understand the value of time.
no. i learned how to config my environment on my own time so i can save more time than if i were to use something like gnome/xfce/kde. nothing wrong with those but you can't call learning how to config your system wasted time. you learn a thing or two about how a *nix system works along the way and that's definitely useful.

You know, not all wisdom that can help young men in personal development needs to be some meditated and paramountical ultimate truth that has been ruminated on for years. Sometimes people just learn from their own fuck ups and try to help others.

I don't trust a guy who uses pepe and wojack in every thumbnail. Fucking hell man, get a grip.

>boomer
>uses arch
kek

But arch is boomer tech now. Real zoomers use void.

so you learn how the kernel works, how and when syscalls are done, how processes are managed by following a 10min youtube video on how to edit dotfiles? Please. You REALLY learb by picking up a unix book and a os course. Those things are just fizzbuzzing to post a fetch in Jow Forums, trust me.
>i do it in my free time
then it's either a hobby like I said (and nothing wrong with that) or you work for free.

>brought up my a cringey fan on Jow Forums
>Or as they user to say in the old days
Remember kids, spell checking doesn't mean you don't have to double check what you write.

>so you learn how the kernel works, how and when syscalls are done, how processes are managed by following a 10min youtube video on how to edit dotfiles?
yes, i learn by doing.
>it's either a hobby like I said (and nothing wrong with that) or you work for free
if you think this way you're expendable. exploring technology in your free time is part of the job even though it's not in the job description. a lot of people don't realize this and come here creating threads on how they have a degree but no job.

i went a bit off topic with what i said but my point is that if i can be more productive with what i learn in my free time there's nothing wrong with that.

>don't use smart phones goyms
>uses smart phone to record latest video
what a dumb kike retard

anime is stupid

guys.. did your peepees also get a bit hard when he dabbed on you
c-cuz mine did

kek, so I wasn't wrong when I though one of his video was recorded infront of a mosque with muslim rabbis making their screeching sounds in the background. i bet he's name aint luke smith either. rather al-shabib mustafa mohammett ibn-ladin. what a fucking goatfucker. i hope the mossad gets him

I think it's more about having this one interest being a key part of your personality and having a superiority complex

so when he's talking about "family" in his unabomber cabin video he's talking abut aids fueled homo orgies?

because he's not successful so no one listens to him

On what level does an anti-consumerist message match the goyim meme in your mind?

>this fucking nerd obviously obsessed over back then in highschool
makes sense. I guess you need to be a social outcast to understand the reasoning behind becoming a nerd. I always thought nerds were just spergs that are too autistic to make friends and run crying to mommy when someone bullies them vs fighting back. but luke-al-arabi opened my eyes ... there's actually retarded sperg reasoning behind becoming a nerd. (which makes me wish I had bullied more nerds back in school)

Did you forget your meme arrow or did you actually want to imply that you are a seething nerd?

For a long time I thought he was making those videos ironically to make fun of retards. But then I realized that he actually really wants you to use software that was already considered anaemic back in the 1970s. He's what happens when a sperg gets attention.

He is mostly right, in this video, but boy, don't talk shit about anime.

>as long as you can get stuff done it doesn't matter and he does.
no, he doesn't. he's doing a phd in some lesbian expression dance tier degree like linguistics. he will be a fucking leech on society when he's done.

don't laugh. he would be relying on government grants to keep his job. so ofc people expressing wrongthink might prevent him from money the government stole from productive people

Attached: hoppecopter.jpg (606x873, 95K)

lay off that jbp book, retard

>he thinks watching pubic hair faced guy's videos will improve job security
lol

what is a tripfag and why is it bad?

got 5 job offers in the 2 months following my degree so yeah. Also it's clear you don't have job experience by the arguments you use in your post, so stop larping so much. You learn by doing, of course you do. You don't learn anything relevant by configuring dotfiles the way someone else did for himself. Use that time to learn C and C++ , build your distro from scratch, build a server and pentest it. Now that would be learning something that will boost your working skills and increase your market value, while also having fun. Suckless stuff and their githubs are something on another level and worth checking, but the dotfiles are still the less relevant and more hobbyst thing. Luke smith's videos are anything but productivity boosting.
That being said , feel free to keep fizzbuzzing while thinking you are doing anything relevant.

>kikes not wanting the white man to communicate and organize
>of what possible use could this be for the kikes?
gee user, no idea

JBP is a fraud and a shill. How about you lay off that fat sack of nothing that you're doing to improve yourself as a person.

Whatever you say, schizo

Attached: dunning-kruger-02-640x320.jpg (640x320, 58K)

This nigga talks like he doesn't know what he's saying

i've only seen some of his videos but i listen to his podcasts when i'm studying. when it comes to entertainment, i think druaga1 is way more entertaining. i come to these threads to shitpost, though.
nothing wrong with linguistics. he could work on natural language processing. i do agree that he will become a leech and judging by his podcasts he already is.
>Also it's clear you don't have job experience
if i didn't have job experience it would be hard to find a job once i graduate. i've been working as a test automation developer previous 2 summers. things i picked up by fucking around with technology did help me.
>You don't learn anything relevant by configuring dotfiles the way someone else did for himself
you do learn something from looking up manpages and figuring out what exactly happens when you change stuff in those dotfiles, though. also, i'm not speaking of dotfiles exclusively when i'm talking about "learning how something works". i spend a lot of time messing around with source code and compiling shit. i set up vms to play around with oses. things like that.
>Use that time to learn C and C++
i already know how to use those
>build your distro from scratch
why?
>build a server and pentest it.
eh, i'm not a pentester but this is on my bucket list.
>Luke smith's videos are anything but productivity boosting
he does have some nice videos. distro-hopping and latex ones were alright.

he writes a lot so:
Having a laptop helps
Having a laptop with non shit keyboard helps
Having in depth knowledge of Latex or other text formatting software helps
Using a light operating system with fast as fuck terminal tools and text editing software helps

I could continue all day, why do you write things without thinking?

>he could work on natural language processing.
and be out of a job in 2 years when any shitty ml agorithm can take his job. kek, ML algos already outclass translation algos devised by humans

>he writes a lot so he must get done a lot
ah, marxist labor theory of value, i see

>test automation dev summer jobs
>I have work experience
pick one.

>>he writes a lot so he must get done a lot
Where exactly did I say the magic words "get done"? I only talked about writing a lot, not about the value of the writing. Projecting much, I see

Saving a couple MB isn't the purpose, nor is it true. It's about efficiency, minimalism and pragmatism which extend far beyond just tech. Kys.

There is nothing "pragmatic" or "efficient" about it. Pragmatic and efficient people just buy better hardware to run their stuff. Its just cheaper (if you, of course, value your time) and gives better results. There are certain areas like supercomputers and number-crunching machines (that already have best possible hardware) where 2% of performance can save you weeks of computing time, but it does not seem to be the case.

Why would you care about this shit if you're not a nerd? Those chad jocks don't give a shit if some program's binary size is measured in MBs or GBs.