New job

>New job
>Talking to some IT guys about custom PCs
>"I might wait to upgrade and see how the new Ryzen CPUs are"
>Co-worker interjects "Those processors are for poor people dude"
>"H-Heh yeah!"

WTF Jow Forums, I thought you guys were #TeamRed?!

Attached: 1501441065814.jpg (552x661, 71K)

Lol Jow Forums doesn't work

If you too much of a beta to point out that next year 14nm will be for poor people then you should probably stick to incel, it suits you.

your co-worker must hate being poor.

>incel
Go back.

90% of people who work in IT are retarded normies who figured out how to use Google. They're still totally clueless and unable to think for themselves or predict trends.

Here's the perfect comeback:

>"Why do you think that?"

>They're still totally clueless and unable to think for themselves or predict trends.
And this is why Jow Forumsamd is here to tell all the normalfags what to buy, and then how to cope by blaming blaming everyone post purchase.

AMD is the new hottness with zoomers in their rebellious phase.

That's like saying Android is for poor people, just fanboy stuff, but at least with iPhones people would be able to see that you blew a grand on a phone, but who the fuck would look inside your PC?

The fact is that AMD is absolutely crushing performance per dollar for all core loads, and achieves this both with low power usage and without seriously sacrificing single core performance. Intel is extremely overpriced for what you get. Does that mean AMD is for poor people? I don't think so, I think that just means Intel is the designer jeans of microprocessors.

Attached: 1387837763096.png (578x712, 26K)

>implying you have a job
But I'll bite. Akshually, all we tell them to do is think two things:
>do I really need 5% more (single core) go?
>do I really need to spend 100% more on the CPU?
If either answer is "no", go AMD.
Screaming "GAYMES GAYMES THREE MORE FPS * DOESN'T MATTER BUY THIS i11-9999K GOYIM OR I'LL CALL YOU POORFAG POOJET OR OTHER DONE TO DEATH RETARDSPEAK" doesn't sound like your average AMDrone.
^^ And yes triggered Intcels, that's exactly what you sound like.

Hi brian, stock has been a little shaky lately, huh?

Attached: Untitled.png (630x525, 34K)

OMGWTFBBQ?
A stock graph that doesn't show an absolute maximum of 24 hours?!
WHAT IS Jow Forums COMING TO?????!!!!11one!!eleven!

>The fact is that AMD is absolutely crushing performance per dollar for all core loads
Reminder that fx was also crushing it at performance per dollar. It still doesn't mean anything if it can't run arma 3 for shit, and if it crashes premiere more than the intel counterpart.
>Implying you use a computer for anything other than playing tomb raider, and shit posting.
I'll bite.
>Do you need a computer for your job
Then your boss will buy you an intel cpu paired with an nvidia gpu. The end.
>Do you need to save as much as you can while sacrificing performance, stability, and could do without certain proprietary features
Then AMD is the hardware for you kiddo. Now you can play your console ports with only a 20% performance loss, and you didn't have to pay a premium for the features that your retarded ass will never make use of.

>GAYMES GAYMES GAYMES
Pottery.

#IncelsUseIntel

>glosses over the work part
You do realize that AMD hardware is only "okay" for games, and isn't worth shit for work. If you are a pro anything you would be using intel/nvidia/windows, or mac.
And no ricing your arch desktop isn't work.

You don't need to post graphs. It's a known fact that the most vocal amd shills shitting on nvidia/intel and downplaying amd fuck ups are from Jow Forumsamd_stock

the only time he mentioned games was the part where he reminded you that AMD was bigger bang for the buck for a while and it matters exactly fuckall and they are STILL 15% of the fucking market

>real work
Every. Single. Time. It's 'I don't have an argument, but your shit is bad' the phrase, the same as autist and incel. The need to defend companies is mind blowing, and we're talking companies doing business in the most disgusting of ways at that.

>defending companies
He's describing real world scenarious, your neet/underage ass won't run into.
>incel
Keep digging the bottom, kid.

I bought a 1600 when it first released because Jow Forums told me it was good and it honest to god feels like a poor man CPU. I'm waiting to see if Zen 2 is any good to make use of my AM4 mobo and if it's not I'm switching over to Intel.

Fuck you guys.

It is pretty good whats the issue what cant it run?

What’s wrong with it specifically

I bought a 2700X becaue Jow Forums toild me it was good but its slower than my 3570k, fucking AMD poorfag junk

obviously this is bait, but I'll respond..

>ryzen CPUs are for poor people
>(cheap) android phones are for poor people
>used, old cars are for poor people
and so on are red flags that you are dealing with retards who probably live beyond their means

Never happened.

This happened to me to

>real world scenarious
Like shilling for your favorite color for free at 10% more FPS than the competition? I suppose you do need great hardware to run modern browsers, you got me there.

The amount of hostility and illiteracy in your post astounds and worries me. I hope you have a nice day, here's a Chiruno to hug.

Attached: 1443872916402.png (1024x1298, 1.04M)

I'll bet you $10 bucks your co-workers were just trying to shoot the shit with you but it flew over your head because you're autistic

>genuine questions
>get crickets
It's almost like he was some sort of lying Intcel shill who doesn't even have a Ryzen, eh anons?

This. They're macfags with a different label on the front - and just as laughable.

>didn't happen but for bantz...
Yeah, because you have to buy a motherboard, RAM, all those computery thingies too to make it do anything. Sorry I have to talk down to you guys, but I have experience with low IQ losers such as yourselves, and you can't even be trusted to put your pants on right.

I have to admit jewtel shills are getting creative. Since they have lost literally every single argument in favor of intel CPUs thanks to their own incompetence, now they spread FUD about "all the kewl kids use intel lulz"
Very sad, really.
Remember to report and sage guys

Attached: muhsct.jpg (960x686, 222K)

>saving money is bad
G O O D G O Y

>n-no don't make fun of muh amd
Meanwhile half the board is pure amdrone shitpost therads. You can always fuck off to your safe space at Jow Forumsamd

those must be reported and saged as well.
wtf is Jow Forumsamd

I'm still waiting on any sort of actual evidence of AMD being implicated in
>*crashes premiere*
Because, you know, Adobe crashes on fucking
Tianhe-2A.

>no u: the post

Plebbit AMD board, which is actually quite civil. The real shitposting is in Jow Forumsayymd - but there's the occasional /b/-style diamond in the rough.

this 1000%. I'm seething with rage whenever I read or even hear people talk like what OP described.

This.

Post your builds or gtfo.

here are the basics, i see a lot of shitposting, but here's the truth. both companies have a competitive advantage over the other.

AMD will probably never match Intel in single core performance, but they're close. Intel will probably never match AMD in price to performance or multi-core but they have options.

Intel shines on the higher-end. Want to spend $500 on a 9900k? It's the best all-around CPU and the best gayming CPU you can buy. Period. It's also $500.

Chances are the new 3700 will most likely be $300 and the new 3600 will most likely be $200 and the "x" variants will be $20-$30 more. AMD shines in the mid-range CPU market. The x600 series is where they're killing Intel. Historically, people buy i5s and pair them with higher-end GPUs for gayming. So traditionally it'd be an i5 and a 970 or 980. For a while the 2500k and the 770 was one of the best price to performance combos and can still get 60 FPS on most well optimized titles at 1080p.

Intel has no answer for AMD in this mid-range market. The fact that the new 7nm Ryzen 3600 will probably be an 8 core/16 thread CPU for roughly $200-$220 is pretty impressive and it'll probably be clocked at 4ghz with overclocks up to 4.7ghz.

>1.2 less average fps in "muh gaemes"=20% overall less performance
>muh adobe meme
>oy vey, what are you sar, poor? Hahah! As a not indian i can say you sound exactly like an indian when you want to buy amd. Hahah! I'm aryan btw. Hahah!
The absolute state of intelkike pajeets.

Not exactly right, Intel is only ahead in exactly one niche - high end gaming(where bingbus still provides lower latencies). High end productivity and servers are 100% AMD. As for single core performance, time will tell, 7nm should clock higher than what AMD uses now and zen 2 promises 20% higher IPC but that honestly sounds far-fetched to me.

seeing as how the 1600 was 3.2ghz and the 2600 was 3.4ghz, my guess is it'll be around 4ghz. so maybe 3.8ghz with a turbo boost of 4.7ghz.

AMDfags sure are seething.

Attached: 778878787.jpg (330x319, 70K)

cope

Faggots like you got me wondering if the actual reason there is so much contention on intc vs amd around here is because some of you are secretly bag holding Intel's trash-tier common stock. I really hope this isn't the case though. Anyone holding that shit into 2019 is fucked.

For what tasks? If its faster for a highly specific task and you're upset, you are literally a brainlet.

Getting angry at stupid people is stupid. Learn to laugh at them. Its a waste of energy to get outraged at stupidity, theres too much of it.

>q3 earning broke the record
>intel is dying

Attached: 1540472789809.jpg (914x1200, 222K)

So glad I dropped out of it/tech and gaming it's just cringey shit.

Base clock on Ryzen cpus is for the most part irrelevant, the precision boost tables are set up so all core turbo operates within TDP. So yeah, it is absolutely reasonable to assume that a 6c/12t 65w Zen2 CPU will have a 4ghz base clock without having to downclock for AVX2. So just imagine where the clocks would be at when you give the cores 75% more power to play with, or more since XFR will push even further.

Intel's one meme advantage has been AVX and that's going to disappear next year. We already know that the Rome 64c cpu going into HP's new supercomputer will operate at 2.35ghz running 256-bit floating point operations. Intel's top end CPUs (including the HEDT ones) actually drop well below 2Ghz for AVX functions. So "muh single core performance" crown will most likely be swapping places just like it did when k7 and k8 came out and shit all over Intel to the point Intel had to cheat to look competitive.

Also, Intel has many niche advantages, but most of those aught to go way with Zen2. Things like AVX2, TSX. AVX512 is a total meme and not to be considered until Intel puts it into mainstream cpus.

How about the Threadripper?

I was considering upgrading to Ryzen 2600 but I hear it stutters and honestly i can't trust the AMD shills on this board

I can't trust AMD shills either. I only trust quality intel shills.

Attached: literal_paid_intel_shills.jpg (695x1188, 146K)

That's obviously one guy trying to rile people up. Whenever I see anyone even being fair with AMD the shills instantly call them an Intel shill.

Typical kike. Dumping their own bullshit onto others.
>I-I-promise goyim, I didn't do "x", that other guy was the one that actually did "x". Oy vey!

Then don't listen to anyone from Jow Forums, check out frame-time charts made by benchmarkers online you actually trust. Frame time charts will show micro-spikes in frame latency which is the stuttering you're worried about. (You'll find that intel stutters more)

>You'll find that intel stutters more
Pls delidded dis.

>something is good value for money
>don't buy that goy, being good value means it's for poor goyim. you don't want to be a poor do you? buy this very expensive (((Intel)))) instead it's 3 times as many shekels but they go to good causes like stimulating mass migration and holocaust education centers.

>inb4 2133 memory

You'd have to have your 3570k clocked to 4.5ghz to even hope to match the 2700x in per core performance. Source: My ass who came from a 4.3ghz Ivy-E cpu to a 3.9ghz 1700 which had identical single core performance, but 30% more cores.

I promise you if Adobe products weren't complete garbage on everything, Intlel shills would have nothing going for them. It's unoptomized trash that works slightly better on them. Anyone who truly cares about their work whether it's video editing, photo editing, etc have moved on to something else.

This sounds like a great thread to ask whether I should get the 9700K or 9900K for my new gaming rig

I bet this conversation never happened.