Android music players don't even see .opus files

>rip all my music to Opus 1.3
>Put music on my Android phone
>No Android music play seems to recognize .opus files
>Only VLC can see muh .opus files as audio files

What the fuck is this shit. How do you fuckers play music when major players like Blackplayer can even see muh .opus files???

Opus general, as well, I guess.

Attached: opus-1.3_logo.png (1120x905, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/exxpuz.opus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Use Aimp

Attached: 1534799651514.png (1080x1920, 63K)

I got gonemad years back because the inbuilt player had issues with album artist sorting and it sees them just fine.

Get a better OS.

Attached: womm.png (584x88, 12K)

>apps for listening music are shit on Android
yeah basically, I used foobar before but now it doesn't work on my 8.1 Android, or maybe is the version of foobar idk. It was my go to just werks player on Android, now I use VLC but I hate that it doesn't have gapless playback

lineageos default apps are unstable buggy shit, other projects are no better. Android ROMs have gone to the garbage nowadays

>reencoding music
>not just loading your music as it came to your device
and don't give me that bull about limited space

i use blackplayer - where can i get an opus file to test it?

>Actually ripping music to opus
Just use AAC faggot, stuff actually supports that and 256kpbs AAC is transparent.

I genuinely couldn't fit my music on my device without reencoding it

That's a shame, working perfectly fine for me without issues.

Vanilla Music player supports them.

Here bro my.mixtape.moe/exxpuz.opus

Let me guess your device doesn't have an SD slot?

Neutron, Rocket Player, and gonemad support opus.
>tfw no expandable storage

nope. a chinkshit phone Jow Forums convinced me to get because i needed a new phone immediately on the cheap at the time and it had good specs even if it lacked other requirements of mine.

You can just rename the files so they have a .ogg extension instead of .opus. That way pretty much every player will recognize them.

That's a shame because SD cards cost almost nothing
$20 gets you 128gb from Samsung of all people
You could go higher but your looking at over 3x the price for 256gb

All in all, it's served me pretty well to where I still can't really justify replacing it since it does more or less what I need. I'm planning my next phone to have expandable storage as a requirement, though, for those exact reasons.

Android 7.0+ should support Opus, though. My phone's stock rom(8.0) supports it and so does custom rom(9).

>256kbps AAC is transparent
BLOAT
Opus is transparent at half that bitrate.
It's also free as in freedom.

>Using shit-tier useless and non-functional players instead of praising godlike Neutron

Like Fuchsia?

Fuck that. Every player should see opus files.

This is an android problem, not a player one.
The android media store only recognizes and reports opus files with the ogg extension.
Players that scan your files on their own might be able to recognize .opus files, but they are a minority because the media store is convenient.

Android has never had a good audio player. iOS used to have one, but it got "minimal" and horrible.

Attached: 1531519734198.png (290x435, 98K)

>Keeping 100GB+ of music on a smartphone that probably has 128GB of storage total
Full retard. The only reason you'd ever have to put lossless audio on your phone is if you are using wireless headphones, but even then you'd just better off using AAC, which your headphones likely support.

Attached: 1541847126882.png (464x452, 187K)

>ogg container
>let's give it a .opus extension
Are your movies named capeshit.hevc? I'd put money on it that at least one player you tried would work if you used .ogg extensions

GoneMAD

Replay gain didn't seem to work when I encoded as opus using foobar when played through GoneMAD.

I've been encoding using ogg vorbis instead instead.

Has this improved?

The fuck are you talking about? VLC plays them fine.

>reading comprehension

Only in mkv containers

Forget about opus, I just want most Android audio players to have cue support. It's 2018, this should be a defacto feature on every audio player.

I think PowerAmp and AIMP do and that's it. Not even Android Foobar2k has it yet.

i use jetaudio. it works well and has tons of features. too bad it's proprietary but i run stock rom so whatever, man.
>not reencoding from lossless to lossy

I never seen an OPUS file in real life.
You have 30 seconds to tell me why's it better than mp3

Why the fuck are you using MP3 in 2018? Everything supports AAC, and tons support Vorbis.
Do you also run Windows 95?

>Why the fuck are you using MP3 in 2018?
Firstly, because my walkman supports it.
Secondly, because almost all music you download is in MP3 format. All my music library is MP3 with few WMAs. See no reason to transcode it.
3rd, I am yet to see any advantage of other formats. And using something only and exclusively because it is new seems odd.

>Secondly, because almost all music you download is in MP3 format
I haven't downloaded an MP3 since 2011.

>POS phone os built on JavaTM
>not having good software

Well, color me surprised.

BlackPlayer EX and PowerAmp play the file perfectly.

Attached: Screenshot_20181201-031238.png (480x854, 416K)

Hit "Submit" by accident.

>See no reason to transcode it.
You have lossy audio. You shouldn't be transcoding it ever. You're stuck with MP3 until you replace your library.

>3rd, I am yet to see any advantage of other formats. And using something only and exclusively because it is new seems odd.
MP3s are gigantic compared to modern codecs.
542MB Centipede Hz/WAV
349MB Centipede Hz/FLAC
107MB Centipede Hz/MP3 -v0
70MB Centipede Hz/AAC -q0.5
60MB Centipede Hz/Vorbis -q5
44MB Centipede Hz/Vorbis -q3
42MB Centipede Hz/Opus --vbr --bitrate 110
All of these sound the same to your ears, so the main difference is the filesize. Modern codecs such as AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, and Opus support features like true gapless audio as well. Not to mention better tagging.
Being stuck with a single lossy format limits what you can do with your music however. You really should store all your music in FLAC and convert it to lossy audio when you put it on a phone or walkman or something.

opus achieves transparecny at 160 kbps you faggot. Even at 96kbps sounds pretty damn good

No problems here.

Attached: 1543668542708.png (1080x1920, 344K)

What shit player are you using. Music (ex walkman) opens them no problem

it achieves transparency at half the bitrate mp3 does, therefore making it better for streaming purposes or storing files on a low storage device.

Rename the files to .ogg. Android often won't recognise .opus depending on version/ROM, and Opus uses the ogg container anyway so .ogg is the correct extension.

Just convert into opus using ogg extension.

Attached: opus_dot_ogg.jpg (551x532, 55K)

doesn't changing the extension to .ogg work anymore?
worked for me

Gone Mad music player recognize them.

If you rename .opus to .ogg it works

is opusenc using the latest version as opustools?

Foobar2000 plays them fine.

Op is one of the de-googlefying idiots who sabotage their phones and then complain that it doesnt work right.

Bruh what if my device doesn't support it and am not short of storage?

>I haven't downloaded an MP3 since 2011.
Not gonna accuse you but in honesty I have hard time even believing this.

Not him, but I practically have no MP3s. Just a couple albums by PowaPowa-P and some Touhou stuff that isn't available in any other format.
Most of my stuff is AAC.

Install foobar2k

Simply change file edning to .ogg, also Lineage just recently got patch that enabled it to notice .opus file endings.

>rip all my music to Opus 1.3
Why? Do you enjoy wasting time by doing this? Why not use 320 kbps MP3s like you're supposed to?

>lineageos default apps are unstable buggy shit, other projects are no better
Which apps and which projects? I'm not aware of this. And Lineage OS of all custom ROMs is buggy?
>Android ROMs have gone to the garbage nowadays
How so? Not my fault you've bought an unsupported device.

>nope. a chinkshit phone Jow Forums convinced me to get
Hop on over to and see which "chinkphones" are being recommended. The ones with micro SD card slots. What exactly did you buy genius? And how did "Jow Forums" convince you? Can you not think for yourself at all?

>Why the fuck are you using MP3 in 2018?
Tell me one website that isn't a private tracker (you most likely have to pay to get into or otherwise continue using by buying a seebox) which has music in opus.

(You)