Archlinux > All

Meme magic is real.

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_Desktop_20181201075431.png (1600x900, 146K)

>unironically using a distro with systemd
sad considering how amazing makepkg, pacman and aur backing are.

i am a proud user of arch + openrc, and a major issue is that most of the shit in the default repo is compiled against systemd, meaning that a large number of packages won't run without systemd despite not needing systemd to run, but I got around that with artix's systemd-dummy & libsystemd-dummy

Attached: 2018-11-30-220937_1348x158_scrot.png (1348x158, 248K)

just use void linux dude

Install Gentoo.

That's a weird way of spelling gentoo

>deepin
unironically consider using it
how is it?

void is the new meme.

Attached: 1522468232393.jpg (600x600, 14K)

Gentoo is a meme... But Arch is a meme and I went with that and it's great...
Should I install Gentoo, now that it has taken Arch's crown as the king of meme distros?

Attached: helperwell.jpg (512x422, 29K)

it's great and fancy, but slow.
also file manager hogs opening network resources since day 1, so you must switch to something like pcmanfm.

> software void

>omg look at that text based THING I am so leet hacker lol lunix > winblows hahaha enjoy your botnet windowsfags :^) XD

wow it's one of these threads again

So what amazing things have you done with Arch yet, besides 'echo Hitler did nothing wrong'?

Gentoo has been a "meme" long before Arch just by merit of its age I wouldn't bother with it unless you
a) really don't want systemd
b) can deal with waiting for shit to compile

mainly because xbps is god awful, one of the main redeeming things that void offers is libressl & maybe that it doesn't have systemd by default so that things aren't oriented around it.

it is still shitty though due to xbps & xbps-src

Attached: this-makes-the-void-user-trembe.png (364x323, 115K)

true, Jow Forums is full of crabs who will try to bully you away from it though

Attached: Arch Konosuba Aqua.png (2335x2335, 367K)

checked it right now and on the official repos systemd is required by 181 packages.
Not that big of a number if you ask me.

Things that depend on it but duno why:
chromium
docker
ogre

go deepin your mom faget

just install gentoo

>Not Devuan
ISHYGGDT

that sounds edgy as fuck. I LOVE IT!

Is this some kind of retarded joke?

Nice thread

I wonder how many thousands if not tens of thousands of posts have been made on Jow Forums that have followed the formula of
1. mind controlled by Jow Forums shit posting into using arch linux with a tiling wm
2. actually adopt that setup with no reason other than trying to fit in on Jow Forums
3. take a screenshot, post it on Jow Forums, pretend to be some linux acolyte
4. switch back to windows a month later

It's honestly embarrassing. No one talks about their operating system like this "arch linux > all!!!" except for people who just switched OS' within the past day and are trying to fit in

Jow Forums is like the Grand Prix for human centipedes. There's a handful of ideas that get regurgitated over and over again, and it's an all out race to shit those ideas into as many mouths as possible.

>systemd
>binary based
>all the good packages (like dwm) are, for some reason, in the aur, while we have useless packages in like cowsay in the official repositories

what if I told you they were all the same screenshot set that circulates endlessly around in a meta-meme?

you would be lying because i am the guy that installed arch because g told me to and went back to using windows a month later after flexing my riced wallpapers and gui's because theres no goddamn reason for me to use linux for fucking anything at all

Attached: 1541726567285.jpg (500x500, 74K)

Arch was the only one that worked for me.