Why don't pirates store files in the blockchain? It seems like a very secure system that can't be easily taken down

Why don't pirates store files in the blockchain? It seems like a very secure system that can't be easily taken down.

Attached: serveimage.png (1600x977, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/20/child-abuse-imagery-bitcoin-blockchain-illegal-content
swarm-gateways.net/bzz:/theswarm.eth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who says they don't

It's been done for small files. But someone has to store the whole thing so you can't store hundreds of terabytes in it.

The most viable option for now is storing metadata in block chain and using various other methods to fetch the actual files.

Blockchains are meme

check out IPFS

It's too hard to actually store large files. But pedos use it to store CP

how would you store petabytes of data on blockchain?

Cryptofags eternally and permanently btfo
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/20/child-abuse-imagery-bitcoin-blockchain-illegal-content

Because its not viable compared to a centralized solution like google drive.
Look at siacoin and storJ, they've got many problems that make them not worth it to use over big giants.
Thought they are working on it.

That article is from 9 months ago nocoiner, why didn't anything happen?

cuz torrents work just fine

Economic incentives.

How's your internet money going user? I guess you haven't cashed out a year ago, have you? Hell, I bet you're not even preparing to go balls deep into link in the coming months. What a shame, but hey, not everyone can get rich with crypto.

>nocoiner
enjoy your -300% loss. eat shit you McAfee loving fagot

Has there been a security audit yet?

Financial companies such as Barclays and JP Morgan already have their own blockchains. IBM has a blockchain. Blockchains aren't the future, they're already being used presently, and they're going to be more common as time goes on.

That's a Bs
You can't add any additional data to a Bitcoin transaction.

Because blockshit is slow garbage that needs to die ASAP

yeah you have to like mcafee to buy some crypto

you enjoying that usd? heard its a very fair system, in fact its so fair that people far more intelligent than you are trying to save you from it and you have no idea

Don't worry about that guy, he will be using Bitcoin in 5 years and he may not even know.

i can only hope its that prolific in 5 years

The lightning network is getting fatter and fatter, it's over $2mil capacity, and I've tried it. It's actually a really good UX.

Storing actual data in the blockchain itself is very expensive. There are ongoing efforts to try to incentivize p2p file storage and guarantee storage of specific files on a p2p network using smart contracts. Filecoin and Swarm are the two most promising projects. Filecoin is an incentivization layer for IPFS. Swarm is part of the Ethereum foundation and works a bit differently than IPFS. I kinda prefer the Swarm implementation due to its higher level of anonymity and upload and disappear capability. Both IPFS and Swarm work as p2p file sharing platforms right now but the monetary incentivization layers aren't done. Swarm also supports human readable decentralized domain names through ENS.
IPFS: ipfs.io
SWARM: swarm-gateways.net/bzz:/theswarm.eth/

Attached: 1 X4jlVsbTw964-q13CGxgnw.png (1600x898, 143K)

wrong

>incentivize
The word you were clumsily fumbling for is "encourage."

Attached: retard.png (572x466, 35K)