I haven't a computer in a year

I haven't a computer in a year.
Is this one good? It costs 875 Cad with coupons.

Or is it worth the wait for next year?

store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=4BP96UA&opt=ABL&mastersku=4BP96UA&masteropt=ABL&sel=NTB&

Attached: c05981298_500x367.jpg (500x367, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/249876/amd-responds-to-lack-of-ryzen-mobile-driver-updates-claims-oems-are-the-issue
hardocp.com/news/2018/07/16/amd_vs_nvidia_driversfight/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good question OP

Yeah, nice question and great post! Keep it up!

Be warned amd apu drivers are absolutely fucked on laptops atm mainly due to OEM's (hp etc) not updating them.
You'll have to mod official amd drivers to work or hope they push updates
Also 1k for base spec laptop is fucked jesus u get ripped odd more then we do in aus
Upside is the Ryzen CPUs are excellent

>mod official amd drivers to work
lolwut? what's there to mod?

If your op go look up driver updates and user reviews about your laptop I ain't gonna spoonfed you but that's what I heard

so go to the AMD support page, download the driver and install it. you expect some vendor software to install it for you? if yes, then that's the problem.

That's not a thinkpad

Just be forewarned I have had nothing but problems on Windows with amd apus as far back as 2014
I hope you don't get any problems but don't say you wherent warned
Hope you ain't planning to game on it either

Read reviews on r/amd and r/thinkpad
Like the other user said, Ryzen APUs in laptops have shit drivers. However, AMD recently promised to take care of that.

Amd promises mean Jack shit since gcn launched desu.
Vega 56 is ok but anything either side of that is garbage
Great cpus stuck with shit gpus.
You'd be better off buying a gaming pc for not much more with a dedicated nvidia/amd gpu but stay away from Intel CPUs

>mainly due to OEM's (hp etc) not updating them
fuck them desu

Problem is tho its not just OEM's its amd themselves putting out shit drivers months out of date everyone has the shits with their Ryzen apus and return them enmasse
Redditor amdfags are fucking furious and for good reason their apus gpu drivers on Windows are trash.
I had no problems with them on Linux weirdly enough so I guess you could just go put the community drivers on? Windows + apu is a bad idea atm and Windows 10 is in a fucking aweful state to boot I wish they'd just scrub it and start again make Windows 12 and be done with it

Linux support for the touchscreen of the Envy x360 is not the best. He should stay on Windows 10 and not use graphics intensive software.

kek, now I don't feel bad anymore.

Hey Op,

I have that laptop, have had it for about a month now and I use it for general college stuff.

So far it's been good. The only issues I've had is that the display brightness is shitty. I went with the 128gb M.W SSD option, and it has room for another interal SSD which I'm adding later on.

Bloatware isn't bad, pretty minimal and typical, battery life is good, I've never got it below 30% on light usage all day. It's solidly built and the hinges are good and steady. No Ethernet port though which sucks.

Attached: 20181201_104606.jpg (4032x1960, 1.92M)

>poozen
No lol

few further things I forgot to add:
Miracast is fucking amazing, look into it and use it. Used it all the time with this thing before my school removed the option.
I have the 15in model, not the 13.
Using it like a book is a unique experience because of its weight and because of the keyboard.
I haven't had any issues with the drivers which everyone is bitching about, probably shills stemming from this article:
techpowerup.com/249876/amd-responds-to-lack-of-ryzen-mobile-driver-updates-claims-oems-are-the-issue

Honestly op for that money your better off getting something more. (business) or enterprise oriented hell even a surface pro Dell or chingching laptop/tablet hybrid would be even better
>not use graphically intensive software
Oh yeah isn't it great to buy something then not being able to use it heo you like? Op might as well go buy a fucking apple then
Oh yeah Intel throttle tops that eat battery life are amazing
Fuck off
I never feel bad unless it's about fucking apus on fucking windows or fucking morons defending amds horrific gpu drivers

Attached: 3ed992f3f6d6072614055d7b413361b54fedc95856c778db4cf6a5f7456b41ca.jpg (571x407, 26K)

Moron even amd desktops and stand alone gpus have driver issues and I am a staunch amd CPU fag with a 2700x
I won't touch amd gpus with a barge pole

Ryzen sucks kill youself faggot go back to plebbit and shill that shit. We all know the only reason you plebbitors shill it so hard is you own amd stock kys

I've owned just as many Intel CPUs faggot they shit the bed post haswell and I never got anything Intel since.
Enjoy your 14nm+++++++ housefire non ht patched security hole shit

Attached: core_dump.png (289x289, 41K)

Attached: 511.png (600x894, 710K)

Never had a driver issue myself and I've only used AMD GPUs, there was a big study on it in August, where AMD was at 92% reliability and Nvidia at 82%
hardocp.com/news/2018/07/16/amd_vs_nvidia_driversfight/

I stopped updating my gpu drivers after 399 no problems here only issues I had was hardware related
And you can fuck off to whatever Intel campus is currently on fire

Youre a fucking retard if you buy a ryzen laptop and fuck you for shilling it.

I AM THE AMD FAG SAYING THAT HE SHOULD NOT BUY IT AT THAT PRICE BECAUSE THE DRIVERS FOR APUS ON WINDOWS ARE GARBAGE YOU STUPID FUCK I AM ON YOUR SIDE

Attached: 1529954540115.png (749x694, 60K)

Jesus fuck the brain drain ever since the intard shills found this thread im out op good luck.
Personally laptops/tablets are fucking dumb get a hybrid or don't bother
Microsoft surfaces are probably what your after not this prosumer gamer tier business lite shit

>ryzen is okay at being a work station cpu and sucks at everything else
>lets put it in a 8gb ram ultrabook with no cooling and 2400 slow ram to gimp it
Its retard and fuck you

I recommend finding a good condition T420 thinkpad and just using that.

Yep head on back to plebbit like i told you

>broken english
>hp canada store

hello zhang

I ran my 1600x with 2133 ram for a while it was fine unless the cunts gaming which on a Vega 8 isn't going to happen so off yourself
Take your ancient brick and throw it at one of these inturds please
>DURR back to x hahahah gottemmmm

Attached: soy_exploitable.png (722x720, 580K)

Op go grab something used any laptop under 1.5k is gonna be garbage
Fucking gooks

Attached: images_0.png (192x263, 6K)

>1600x with 2133ram
>it was fine
Cope more faggot.

Never ask for a laptop in Jow Forums, if its not a thinkpad they wont stop calling you retard

Thinkpads have been shit since ibm stopped making them. All you guys buying new ones are getting memes