/Mouse General/

Let's discuss mice, as it's something we use all the time and it affects our computer experience a lot.

I've used a silent (Speedling Calado) mouse for years and can't imagine having a loud clicking mouse again now that i have to buy a new mouse.
Can you recommend a good silent and wireless mouse? Right now i'm choosing between Logitech's M590, Performance MX, MX Anywhere and MX Master (pic related), only the first of which is actually a silent mouse.

Attached: mice.jpg (1000x1000, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoftstore.com.cn/accessories/pro-intellimouse/p/mic2520
flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA4RE8FH0092
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice
joybuy.com/3364578.html
logitechg.com/zh-hk/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html
microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-classic-intellimouse/94k0pmt1cmfw
ebay.com/itm/Logitech-MX518-High-Performance-1800dpi-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-NEW-/172214910961
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Once you go silent, you never go back.

I have the MX Anywhere myself as a laptop tag-along mouse. As far as I remember the clicks on it are very quiet.

My frien/g/s what's a good wired mouse with at least two side buttons these days?

but there are so few silent models to choose from, and i need a professional mouse for graphic design...
i hope im not stuck with a shitty budget silent mouse.

microsoftstore.com.cn/accessories/pro-intellimouse/p/mic2520

The king is back boys.

Attached: pic_01.jpg (790x1108, 423K)

Using a brand new MX Master 2S here, great so far but the clicks are absurdly loud. Don't pick that one if that matters to you.

Anyone have any suggestions for mice that actually work after 6 months? The last few mice I've bought (all logitech) seem to shit the bed after half a year, especially the middle mouse scroll wheel.

Attached: mickeymouse.jpg (634x1024, 37K)

If new finalmouse sucks ninja’s ding dong, I’m gonna pick up the new mx518 flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA4RE8FH0092

What's your hand size and grip style?

Attached: mm530.png (555x236, 55K)

Claw, my hand is small as fuck.

How about Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye? Scroll wheel is really good in this one.

Attached: konepure.jpg (960x820, 72K)

The only mouse I have ever needed

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.expansys.com%2Fimg%2Fb%2F202573%2Flogitech-m705-marathon-wireless-laser-mouse.jpg (300x300, 49K)

G502 show your self's

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.techhive.com%2Fimages%2Farticle%2F2016%2F11%2Flogitech-g502_new2-100692915-la (700x468, 36K)

wireless, sidescroll, side buttons... this looks promising, but just how loud is it?

I'm using the MC Anywhere right now, I like it but it aint any quieter than other mice i've used

Its loud. I personally like it but thats just me.

What's Jow Forums's trackball mouse of choice?

What ever the goodwill has to offer.

Elecom huge if you want a finger ball

being serious, why is Ninja's finalmouse $90? just cause its Ninja?

Depends on how much money you have to burn.

Yeah basically. I got one of the originals and its not even that good. Its a more of a scam then anything else.

So comparing it to the other mice, it doesn't even come close regarding the sensor? Cause I've seen some csgo pros just rave about it on twitter, but I have no idea how it compares

Microsoft's MouseWithoutBorders > Logitech Flow

Don't have to buy MX Master 2S to make use of multi device features.
Saved me a few bucks when getting the regular MX Master

its a alright sensor but you can get better for cheaper. Its literally a small pcb sitting on the bottom of a shell. The only reason why so many people shill it cuz they are getting bank to do so.

I figured that much. Thanks man

What about a wireless one? Same situation as the user who asked

Yeah its a borderline scam. Just searched it up on youtube and now its big in the fortnight shit hole.

is there a picture or list of mouse sensor rankings?

Attached: ouch.jpg (768x480, 20K)

I was thinking of getting the wired version via Amazon.co.uk, which is being sold for £61.

I hope it works well enough on Linux.

Still using a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1a as my primary mouse, had it since about 2005, still works. I take it apart once or twice a year to clean out gunk in the wheel assembly, but it's never failed for almost 14 fucking years, used with multiple computers and still going strong.

I spent years looking for a reliable full size Bluetooth mouse and just recently, a few months ago, I happened upon the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 which I had never ever seen or heard of before. It came out in 2006 for Pete's sake and I never knew it existed. I saw it on eBay a few months ago and was like "Holy shit, that's perfect, I gotta have one..." so I found one for a good price ($22 shipped) and took a chance.

It works as expected, no issues, even has adjustable performance vs battery life capability using the older Intellipoint software. The one I got did not come with the charging stand so I just got that last week literally - works great, no issues, charges a single Ni-MH battery in about an hour to a full charge, at medium performance settings I can expect several weeks of use.

The only gripe? The wheel button is extremely difficult to press, nothing like the IMO, and it's a free spinning wheel - it has no indents or notches that you can feel as you turn the wheel, sadly. I can live without the feedback but the fact that it's very difficult to press the wheel button is irritating. It also supports side to side scrolling so I might have to disassemble it and put a washer in it to keep that side to side shit negated, I don't use that aspect.

Overall I love it, it's a FULL SIZE BLUETOOTH MOUSE which is almost impossible to find nowadays and I don't need a stupid dumbass dongle to use it.

I am interested in that MX Vertical, however, that could prove to be a fantastic device but that price is crazy insane for some plastic and some hardware in a new form factor. $90+ for a mouse, ouch, I'm not fucking made of money, Logitech.

Attached: Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000.jpg (1600x1066, 116K)

Pls no bully, almost 5 years old, still works perfect, even through I had to open it once and clean the gunk from the wheel.

Now IF, I would ever want to replace it with something at least equally as good before it dies from old age, what should I look at ?

Attached: B00BCEK2LA_G400s-BoB_lg[1].jpg (800x627, 50K)

og and op mouse. And they still sell them just get a new one if you like it so much.

It's like handholding at this point. I'm just probably worried over nothing. Because of It I was not in the market for a mouse for half a decade.

the g mx 518

I had a G400 and recently got a G403 during Black Friday. Noticeably lighter, slightly smaller, perfect sensor, MUCH quieter mouse wheel, buttons are a bit clickier. Overall a better mouse in everything, it's just what a mouse is supposed to be. The only cons are the bulky cable and only being able to turn off the LEDs through a Windows-only proprietary program.

NA release when

In what universe is a small dongle worse than a fucking wall wart?

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

Use MX master. Id never change to anything else now. Fits my needs perfectly

they just announced MX 518 legend

mx518 legend > mx518 > g400 > mx510

I miss palming my fuckhueg G500, but it's cord is fraying and the thumb button placement was never good. Are there similar shaped mouse out there?

Apparently G502 & MX518 both come close, but still narrower

Oof
Not gonna lie, that is a sexy proposition.

Dude you can get a better mouse than that. Why make these compromises considering its deficits. A modern mouse won't have these power performance trade offs because it's more advanced and efficient tech. I recommend mx master as seen in OP. It lasts forever, charges very quickly. It supports Bluetooth only, is very large and very comfortable. It has a scroll wheel that can toggle between free scroll and click or it can handle it automatically. It's feel is responsive and predictable. There is also a second thumb scroll wheel for side scrolling and a handful of other nice features. Just get a good mouse man, they do still make plenty of them.

I'm using a MX master right now and I can tell you that it's certainly not silent.

I had a microsoft sidewinder X5 for 7 years until I had to shim the left mouse button with a piece of tape. Then two pieces of tape, a piece of plastic fixed with tape and finally a change of mouses. Still certainly longer than 6 months.

Anyone want to recommend a mouse for a guy with larger than average hands and palm grip? Been using a Kensington Pro Grip for about 3 years now but it's starting to go a bit mouldy and the clickers are starting to go.

>it's ANOTHER logitech shill thread

Been using a Logitech g400 for like 6 years now

>¥399
>implying it won't be jacked up to $50 when released stateside

This. Aside from my palm sweat stripping the logo off, it still performs flawlessly after years of use.

Have the said mouse, can confirm this.
There's just something off on the right side of the mouse.
Left side i super comfy, nice buttons, but right side is cancer, pure cancer.

That is $50

I had a performance MX for years before I spilled water on it and it fucked up the battery. Decided to upgrade to a MX Master 2S and it was totally worth it. The smartshift feature is fucking awesome. No more toggling the wheel, it just adapts based on the force you use. The battery is excellent and charges very quickly. My only complaint is that the thumb wheel is pretty useless outside of horizontal scrolling. It's digital, so it sends one button press for up, and one for down, and requires quite a bit of travel before it sends the press. Other than that it's super comfy and a big step up from the Performance MX.

As for silence, it's not obnoxiously loud or anything.

Attached: 1541571964030.gif (232x344, 100K)

Haven't looked at mice in several years, is the MX Master line the only one with the multi-mode scroll wheel, or have those been extended to other models?

Just how good is the MX Master?
I've been using a Marathon Mouse for years but I feel like I want something a little larger with a better sensor.

Well shit, I thought it was closer to like ¥50ish/$1 for some reason.

Um, 400yen is like 4 bucks.

Okay, my mistake. Its Yuan or some shit not Yen.

Its Chinese Yuan, and in a more accurate conversion thats $57

This, G502 could be the best but the right side kill my pinky.

Attached: littlecollection.jpg (1920x948, 486K)

>an mx518 with a good sensor, detatchable cable, outer shell and wheel so that it can be cleaned without being disassembled, also completely isolated from outside crum because let's be honest, mice are things that need to be cleaned and it shouldn't be a hassle or involve disassembling them
there i just pitched you the perfect mouse

>detachable cable
For what purpose? Adding more point of failure?

Post your mouse of choice then. Hopefully it's not a chink shit with botnet inside.

I bought a Logitech M560. This mouse doesn't have middle click. I repeat, this shit mouse does not have middle click. The wheel is some overengineered, useless piece of trash that switches between free-wheeling and regular mode if you depress it. Worst buyer's remorse ever.

Attached: wireless-mouse-m560[1].png (652x560, 48K)

I use a gearhead MP2850BLK-CP10
hate me if you want but I have small hands, its portable and has 3 programmable buttons. Shits fire.

I also have a G602 but don't use it.

Have you installed their software?

When's that new MX518 supposed to come out in the US?

My current MX518 is kill and I don't know how much longer my G400s will live.

Attached: 1230067282520.jpg (945x381, 40K)

I have one of these. Bought one so my wife could use it with the HTPC since my MX Revolution is a bit too big for her hands. The lack of middle click on the scroll wheel is strange, but the extra button behind the wheel can serve as middle click if you change it in SetPoint.

Otherwise its alright. Feels pretty light, and the housing is kinda flimsy. Some people like that. I don't.

Deathadder is Jow Forums approved but if you go on the gentoo wiki you can usually find some good advice.

if you don't know what the fuck the gentoo wiki is, have a link

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice

Said id never buy a razer product but ended up getting a razer deathadder best mouse I've ever had

This is mine. Lightweight, good sensor and the battery lasts forever.

Attached: 6214343_sd.jpg (356x640, 24K)

Been using since 2007.

Attached: IMG_7511.jpg (2016x1512, 587K)

You realize you can get these for $25 stateside yes?

Attached: ntellimouse.jpg (1600x899, 53K)

Only logitech made a small-size decent wireless mouse, if you have a problem with logitech then there is a no for you.

have this and g603, the logitech wireless shit is top tier

you realize that the one you posted is a completely different version than the one you quoted yes?

if you check ebay for the mx518 legendary a guy is selling them off there

Asus has started making a silent mouse. $20

joybuy.com/3364578.html

I think I have one of these hiding somewhere. I definitely have the associated keyboard.

Last time I recall using it it didn't need the supplied Bluetooth dongle assuming your PC had built in Bluetooth...but that was at least 5 years ago.

Attached: 4158DQ65SGL.jpg (500x480, 24K)

uh....looks the same to me.

That's generally the point of Bluetooth.

>From China

I think I'll pass.

Attached: 1394843933260.jpg (800x800, 183K)

Ordered a g pro wireless on Thursday morning, still not got a dispatch email and now it shows back order on the site.
Feelsbadman but the discounts on logitech site too good even if I give up prime shipping.

Attached: 1529705996626.png (552x543, 358K)

well that's where the legendary is being made: logitechg.com/zh-hk/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

one is a classic (US version) microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-classic-intellimouse/94k0pmt1cmfw

other is a "pro gaymer" mouse with different sensor (China version) microsoftstore.com.cn/accessories/pro-intellimouse/p/mic2520

You'd think that...but 1st gen stiff was weird.

Attached: 5_htm.jpg (640x360, 114K)

forgot to mention that you can buy a new old stock off ebay: ebay.com/itm/Logitech-MX518-High-Performance-1800dpi-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-NEW-/172214910961

aka you fell for the bullshit.

Attached: aviwhaaaaatlaser.jpg (220x220, 63K)

On sale now.
flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA4RE8FH0092

I wonder if $55 even a sale price or simply the new MSRP

what's a cheap decent mouse

The cheapest MS or Logitech mouse is likely decent.

Attached: f33319b1-c454-49e3-99c9-4da4ab96c312.jpg (540x310, 11K)

G102/203, but again it's depending on your hand size and grip style.

Or you can buy the new mx518 off of newegg instead of ebay

Logitech m330. It's simple and silent.

Attached: mouse logitech silent_.jpg (1500x1500, 191K)

get m235
served me well for the last 7 years

is not. The sensor is complete shit. Sorry to burst your bubble user.

Pixart 3389 is fine though.

how does the g403 compare to the g203/g102?