What's the best chat application? Preferably with a web client

What's the best chat application? Preferably with a web client.

Attached: WhatsApp-Vs-Telegram-Vs-Signal-1.png (1568x899, 451K)

TextSecure

It says it's secure so why wouldn't you believe it?

>Hangouts missing

Depends on what you're looking for. There is usually no one objectively better application.

I use Hangouts now but with plans to kill it I need an alternative.

Really just a way to chat with my wife using my phone or computer. Security isn't of upmost importance but is a plus.

Let's say I want to make my own p2p chat application. How do I into NAT traversal?

LINE

UDP packets encrypted with RSA4096

>TextSecure
>Not Signal

Why use abandoned and outdated software?

Self hosted matrix/riot

I prefer Telegram, Signal is definitely more secure honestly but it doesn't feel as capable and far fewer people I know use it.

One major thing is Telegram let's people add you by phone number or @-style username, and if you do the latter they won't have your number, so if you talk to people who you don't want having your phone number don't use Signal

Telegram works pretty well. I've never tried the others though. Desktop version, with a portable version to boot.

I really like Telegram but hardly anyone I know uses it.

For family/sensitive information I use Signal. Would recommend Wire if you arent in Maplestan or Burgerland.

Attached: 4sguo1B.jpg (1159x1168, 160K)

What makes signal more secure than telegram?

Facebook Messenger

Wisdom digits

Attached: checking_intensifies.gif (800x508, 231K)

Telegram is really good just as a chat app. Secret chats are just a bonus if you want some privacy.

Wire.

I use LINE to talk to my wife but for some reason the proxy at work doesn't play well with it, even though it lets me use discord just fine.

>tfw slav
>everyone uses whatsapp even on iphones

Steal Zeronet's code

I don't know user I have no one to chat to.

Everybody in my country uses whatsapp

based and privacypilled

/thread

iMessage
Anyone who says otherwise is just mad they're a green bubble

Telegram is great if you use mobile app or the desktop version. However, on browser it's just unreliable you will not receive messages or notifications when you browse other tabs.

>Signal
Best crypto, old UI, generally behind in features
>Telegram
Russian botnet and meme stickers
>WhatsApp
For your normie friends and family

Attached: 5fowg0ywsa121.jpg (720x960, 65K)