How do I go from zero to being a good programmer?

How do I go from zero to being a good programmer?

Attached: 0*wFF19J2t1kTTJj0x.jpg (980x606, 116K)

Install Gentoo.

Programming socks

grow a beard and wear big glasses and make yourself look completely uninteresting to women

Are you implying those men aren't alpha males? They don't give a damn what anyone thinks and won't become another drone that thinks they're an individual, but looks and acts just like everyone else.

Idk about you but Dennis Ritchie is looking pretty Jow Forums in that red T-shirt.

Attached: 1490033607544.jpg (480x480, 46K)

They cute

this will do it ^

the frustration you'll get from this will fuel your will power and isolate you from society, and you'll have nothing else to do but programming..

and whatever you do excessively, you become good at (if you are not a retard)

The ultimate redpill. That's why women are not good programmers.

Buy good textbooks. Learn computer science concepts. Write computer code for 3 - 5 hours a day everyday for numerous years. 120 and above IQ with a reclusive lifestyle helps too.

Not one single serious comment. Guess the rumors are true. There are no real programmers on Jow Forums

It's Saturday, I take breaks from that then.

>Not one single serious comment.
what do you expect you fuck. It takes hard work and dedication. All comments above are serious, you won't achieve anything without at least spending 5h per day on it..

And if you do so, say goodbye to your free time.

Everything about my comment was serious. You need to check everything on that list if you want to be a good programmer, and by good I mean knowing how to tackle problems and create efficient solutions at every level of the computer stack.

Attached: 1491609718866.png (421x307, 257K)

Have you installed Gentoo yet? No? Then how can you know it was not a good tip?

>implying you need to know how to install a GNU + Linux OS to make god tier software like emacs

I did this and girls love it. I have great vision but I wear glasses like the dude on the left ironically. the lenses are not magnifying anything they are just for show

girls are like dogs. they pick up on the energy (confidence) you project out. You could wear pretty much anything you won't, as long as you are able to wear it with confidence.

Attached: 1511195475474.jpg (700x700, 67K)

You want a real answer, son? OK

The programming life is neither glamorous nor cool.
It eats away at your free time, it keeps you from the sun's almighty glare and if you had one, then say goodbye to your social life or time for chick chasing. That's what it takes to be a good programmer
let alone the time it takes to learn how to be a good programmer.
Then the time will come when you find yourself walking passed a mirror in your crummy cheap apartment and glance at your aging face and declare to all the spiders and cobwebs, piss bottles and moldy cheese puff crumbs that populate your living quarters
sincerely the words "I've wasted my life"

The thread is stupid, but I will give you a serious answer.
You learn some fundamentals, you learn some language. People learn in different ways, so use whatever fits, videos books, even a tutor if you can afford it.
Spend a lot of time with it, practice and program a lot. There is no magic bullet.

Reminder that, for all he accomplished, Dennis Ritchie died alone and unloved. The only reason people remember his death is because it was used as a jab towards the media attention to Steve Just death, a man who was successful and loved.

What are some of your favorite textbooks?

Unironically this , work through everything it has, and go out there get some real world experience, doesn't matter if it is just wrapping up SQL queries into reports for a company's HR.

I need to rush to the bathroom, I'll be right back real quick and answer you question.
Hang tight, friend.

lurk on Jow Forums

Attached: 1524035958945.gif (300x225, 1.99M)

why would you give a fuck if someone remembers you once you are dead. why would you give a fuck if someone remembers you know.

For all you know, there could be no other persons. This could be all just a dreamlike illusory world you create for your own enjoyment, and in reality you are just talking to yourself all the time..

>How do I go from zero to being a good programmer?
go to school/university, this question shouldnt even be asked, you learn the same way anyone has learned a highly technical subject for the last 300 years

this whole thread is just shilling the self-taught meme, self teaching doesnt work, I can tell you that from experience. everyone on Jow Forums keeps complaining about 'pajeets' taking their jobs and they dont look at their own failure to learn

I don't really care if anyone will remember me when I'm dead, but while I am alive I want to think someone will.
We are just social animals, that shit feels good. It's a very direct and natural form of pleasure, that's why people who want to convince themselves of the contrary need complicated philosophical models that can fill books.

>need complicated philosophical models that can fill books.
well, you can rely on those models to always deliver. good luck relying on other people, without disappointment...

those trips were wasted on a rude loud mouth breather like you.

God doesn't waste trips...

Perform fellatio on a fellow brogrammer.

You're putting school on a pedestal. Also, I meant good programmer in a literal sense, not as in a profession necessarily.

>Hang tight, friend.
I will.

Unironically SICP is the best antidote to spaghetti code.
An alternative would be to download libraries from people you "admire" and skim the code to see what it looks like.

- Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective

- Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface

- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

The first teaches you lower level systems programming in C. The second teaches you of computer architecture in general. The third teaches you principles of computer programming and computation.

Attached: 1538093601470.jpg (800x800, 91K)

"I'm a neurotic nerd who likes to sleep with little girls" - user , 2018

>kink shaming

>be me
>be gay
>be a programmer
>be attracted to niggas with beards and big glasses
dream life

>pedophilia is a kink now
Still pushing for the P on the LGBT sign, huh leftist weaboo scum?

thanks.

Just tackle some programming challenges.
eg, Euler Project

you can become competent (and earn money) by training.
you can become exceptional by training AND talent.

so, just do it man.

>120 and above IQ
Guess I'll never be a good programmer.

This. You need to start using an operating system that requires you to become a programmer.

Come visit we are working on bite-sized programming problems. It's a great way to get practice with a language.

100 (Average IQ) may suffice to be an acceptable programmer. Most programming tasks today do not require extremely high intelligence, rather, you will be just plugging and gluing together libraries whilst common languages like C# abstract away the perils of memory management and provide many functions and utilities out of the box which do not even require you to think.

How do I move up with projects? One of the things that interests me is Markov chains, but I can't understand how they work in terms of programming. So far I can make a simple grade calculator, student database logger and fizzbuzz in java. A intro book is arriving in the mail, hopefully that can help.