>Be me, spend years looking at PC parts
>Finally get off my ass and get a job
>Start saving up money and shopping and researching extensively for parts
>After months of saving and reading up on pc gaming, finally have enough money
>Spend a few weeks getting everything in place, beautiful pc with a gtx 1080
>End up buying a 1440p 144hz gsync monitor too
>Family decides to move
>Carefully pack up all my stuff for shipping
>Post office handles my package puts fragile on labels and bubble wrap on monitor
>Receive pc a few weeks later
>Glass is shattered, gpu is broken
>Receive monitor too
>Monitor is fucked
>Complain to post office
>Told me i should've gotten insurance and to go fuck myself

There really is no point in trying in life, is there

Attached: LASTIMAGEBEFOREDEATH.jpg (1491x780, 99K)

Why would send that shit through the post office

lmao

Can you sue them for property damage

f

Attached: curcuitboardpepe.jpg (712x705, 198K)

This

I can keep it more safe having mom drive me while I hold it in my lap

I feel for you but what kind of retard sends those things uninsured. I guess you live and learn.

This. Strap that shit on your backpack if you have to. Just take it on your lap or something.

Did you not keep the original packaging and dissamble it for shipping op? If not you got the easily anticipatable result.

on the upside you know have the motivation to wageslave again

Attached: J5aB1hT.jpg (552x788, 67K)

They wanted the value of the item in insurance, you zoomer, and besides who sticks fragile on a box and then treats it like shit

>The pc was in the original case packaging and it was put in another box as well, when i received it was literally upside down

>who sticks fragile on a box and then treats it like shit
Every delivery guy ever. You can only trust your local postman, nobody else will ever give a shit about you.

>Just stick it on your lap
I moved cross country, doubt i can put it on my lap on an economy seat on spirit airlines

>They wanted the value of the item in insurance,
This has to be bait or illegal as fuck.

would you have got back your insurance money after the shipping?

Insurance fees are based on the item's declared value.

Then why would anyone ever pay for insurance? This has to be bait (by them, not you).

have to be 18 to post here

You can go at me for making the point but I'm not the one at with a box of broken glass and plastic. If a company was charging really high delivery insurance I'd make the connection they they must have a really high claim rate. Next time find your own insurance.

You should have gotten insurance though. Or simply carried it with you. Even on a plane. That's literally what I would have done. I don't care how big it is.

You agreed to the possibility of this happening by using their service. You can't do anything about it, sorry.
In the future, just dedicate some space in your car to your computer stuff.

>They wanted the value of the item in insurance,
You fucking moron, they want you to fucking DECLARE the amount, and you pay for insurance based on that declaration. You won't pay them them the amount of your shit because if that were the case then what's the point of insurance you absolute mongoloid.

I don't think they pay back your insurance fee if nothing happens, and it becomes a waste of money, nothing short of extortion, pay insurance or maybe your package'll meet an unfortunate ending

This is what happens when you leave your house
Don't make that mistake again

I know that dummy, but an item worth thousands in declared value will still be hundreds in insurance , read again dummy

>pay back your insurance fee if nothing happens.
>company only keeps the 10% insurance cost when they have to pay 100% of the value out.
>bankrupt in 1 day

>Good i hope everyone at the post office gets fired and resorts to turning tricks behind a church

I shipped someone a mining rig I sold on eBay earlier this year. Thing sold for £2,800 and it cost £75 to insure it. The peace of mind knowing that it doesn't matter to me what condition it arrives in.

>It's your fault that your items worth thousands were broken, if you only paid the extortion prices your things would've been safe, how dare you expect post office workers to deliver your package safely without tipping them

Attached: literallyme.jpg (318x318, 12K)

autism

autism

Life works how it works. What you want means nothing.

Hi? You want me to move your $50,000 worth of home contents? It'll take me two days at $250 a day. You want me to reimburse you if i crash my truck and break all your shit? Ok, it'll cost me $500 to insure that. Either I work for free, you pay for insurance or I do it uninsured and yiu take the risk.

>trusting a government run entity with an affirmative action hired workforce to not fuck things up royally

Wew

I would have paid for the extra of bringing it with me on the plane.

>loose several thousand to save a several hundred

Attached: no-tears-please-hellraiser-gif.gif (500x339, 898K)

What lessons did you learn?

tfw UPS employee
tfw throw fucking fragile boxes at the wall daily

kek this is comedy gold, thanks for posting this so we can all have a chuckle at your autism bro

Now use that razor sharp wit and stunning insight to fix OP's pc. Oh shit.

Everyone knows to get insurance because the workers are only careful if they are told if the fuck it up they will never get a raise.