Locked out of Droid 4

Hi guys, I own a Droid 4 smartphone which I used during the beginning of my university degree. The ribbon cable inside it broke (a known issue) and I replaced it with another phone. Just today I bought a replacement cable and repaired it, however I cannot remember my password/passphrase (its not a pin/pattern).

Is there anyway I can still get into my phone? It has usb debugging enabled but I don't remember rooting it and it is running Android 4.1.

Before you call me Jamal and tell me to put it back I can literally post my ebay receipt from 6 years ago proving I actually own it. Why ebay you might ask? Because the phone was only sold by verizon and I live in Canada.

Now aside from helping me from the goodness of your hearts I will add in a little incentive. I know I have nudes of girls I was fucking in uni on there and I will post some when I get access. I will also paypal 10$ (USD not Canadian pesos) to the guy who actually helps me get into the phone.

Attached: droid-4-xt894.jpg (430x474, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2620456
androidphonesoft.com/android-data-recovery.html
google.com/android/find
forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f606/coming-android-multi-tools-v1-02b-special-gsmforum-1633070/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give it back

You know the drill Jamal. Give it back.

like any nigger would actually steal this shit

Is your computer a trusted by adb on your phone?

I'm not sure, but it is the same computer I would have been using when I had the phone so any adb work I would have done on the phone would have been with that computer

You got XMPP or Discord or something? I try to help you

Not at the moment, just reply in this thread

Give this a shot forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2620456

Bump

Ill try this in a few minutes but a cursory glance tells me it probably wont work. I dont have root access in adb so I cannot access the /data/ directory

Are you using the same gmail account? IIRC you could click on forgot password and use the password you used in gmail back then to unlock. I'm not sure though, 4.1 was years ago

This doesn't apply for non pin/pattern locks. I used a passphrase and so I cannot click on forgot password. On top of that I have no way of giving the phone a data connection because it is locked.

But for what it is worth the primary gmail account on the phone is my current gmail account.

>stealing a 10 year old phone

>I know I have nudes of girls I was fucking in uni on there and I will post some when I get access.
Very well then.
So, a factory reset will maybe work, but you might still need your google account once the phone's reset.
If you just wanna get it working, this is your best bet, but you will loose all the data.
If you want the data, then you could try starting it up in fastboot/bootloader mode and dumping the data on it through fastboot, however this device may not allow it.
You could also try a full system dump.

Unlocking the bootloader may wipe the phone and nudez, but if it doesn't then you could use it to install TWRP, make a system image or backup, and extract the nudez from that. You could possibly also modify the image to remove the password then flash it back onto the phone.

Now that I think about it, a tethered boot of TWRP mightn't need a bootloader unlock, but may need you to have the phone booted, rooted and unlocked.

Just to be sure, you have tried connecting it to your PC and typing adb devices/adb shell?
Make sure you don't actually have authorisation first, because if you do, you can just ADB pull everything

Second newest android phone with a QWERTY keyboard, only slightly older than the photon q

Still waiting on that receipt, Deshawn

Tried this?
androidphonesoft.com/android-data-recovery.html

return the slab de'tavious

>implying they won't steal anything that isn't bolted to the ground, and even then they'll try

Try entering a bad password 5+ times to get "Forgot password?" to appear
If you want to give your phone a data connection, put in a sim with data. There, no need to edit wifi settings.
Try going to the android device manager here:
google.com/android/find
If you still have the device added, try clicking "Lock", and put a temporary passcode on the device.
Entering this passcode may bypass the main passcode on your device, unlocking it.

ADB pull works but I don't have read access on the entire filesystem, only certain directories.

The photon q was actually the phone I wanted to get but the sprint sim card is soldered into the motherboard

Forgot password wont appear for a passphrase, only for pin/pattern passwords.

Even if I put a sim with data in I have to configure the data connection
you have to manually put in the data server address for your carrier.

Android find only works for phones running Android 5.0. I said in the OP that this is running Android 4.1

Just did a search, it should appear regardless of the key type. Otherwise, your phone is just fucked.

>ADB pull works but I don't have read access on the entire filesystem, only certain directories.
I'm curious which ones.
If ADP pull's working your laptop's probably authorised for ADB, try adb shell to make sure.
You could possibly pull the file that stores your password if you can find it, if not overwrite it.

Funny, motorolas website says it works for all types of passcode, shame.
>Even if I put a sim with data in I have to configure the data connection
>you have to manually put in the data server address for your carrier.
Also a shame
>Android find only works for phones running Android 5.0. I said in the OP that this is running Android 4.1
And finally, I could swear it used to work on my Droid razr. Guess I'm 0/3 here.

Anyway, try running "adb shell", see what it lets you do.
If it lets you in, then I want you to run "pwd", then "ls", then "cd /", then finally "ls"
Tell me what the results are

There's a chance "Forgot password" will only appear if you have an internet connection.
I'm not sure what canada's like, but down in Australia you just put a Sim in and the phone autoconf's and you have internet
If fails, it's worth a try

Tried this, OP?
forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f606/coming-android-multi-tools-v1-02b-special-gsmforum-1633070/
Specifically for devices from the Droid 4's era, has an option to reset or remove passwords

>Second newest android phone with a QWERTY keyboard
It still hurts. I miss qwerty so bad. I'd even take a flip phone at this point. I miss physical keys

LineageOS on a Photon Q is perfectly usable these days as a mini linux box, I need to buy one sometime.