Guy selling 10 580's, a motherboard, hard drive, monitor, and a psu for $5,000. He claimed to have spent $6,000 on it...

Guy selling 10 580's, a motherboard, hard drive, monitor, and a psu for $5,000. He claimed to have spent $6,000 on it. Kekimg at the absolute state of people who fell for the bitcoin meme
>inb4 "b-b-but bitcoin market is going to recover"

Attached: Screenshot_20181201-150551_Firefox.jpg (1071x1087, 516K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/
99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Screencapped

>selling [...] for $5,000.
>spent $6,000
Is this man a boomer?
>30 year old car I've beaten the shit out of, $120,000. I know what I got.

>"I wish I could hold out for the market to comes back up"
I mean he sounds pretty fucking retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20181201-152530_Firefox.jpg (782x546, 186K)

He's obviously trying to scam people. You can see this kind of stuff all the time on craigslist ads.

if some retard ends up buying the guy have probably already made a profit

>Guy shells $6k for crypto mining meme rig
>Forced to sell his rig because he can't cover a couple of emergency bills

>emergency bills meaning his rent and student loans

the he should be forced to experience poverty as a life lesson

seeing GPUs in mining farms is like the ultimate Jow Forumsore.

>2018
>Poorfags still falling for Get RIch Quick scams

reminder not to buy a used graphics card that has been beat to shit running 24/7 mining.

emergency bills is what you write to get people to buy your shit at outrageous prices

a fate worse than death for a gpu

Attached: mining farm.jpg (960x720, 134K)

wait, this is not a Jow Forums humor thread?

What about industrial grade GPU's like Quadro, that render 24/7?
There is nothing wrong with mining. If you take care of cards, nothing catastrophic is going to happen.

Salty fucking nocoiner neck yourself.

I get giddy sometimes cause i'm holding the currency of the next century I am part of the next great transfer of wealth. I'll be wealthy and you'll be living in a slum payed by a "living wage"

>industrial grade GPU's
People who can afford them probably can afford good working condition for them in nicely ventilated server room not down in some smelly dusty basement with bad power supplies. Also these card are built for better endurance than chinky gaymer cards

>retards still thinking bitcoin has anything to do with GPUs
neck yourself

spotted the stealthy larping fellow nocoiner. 10/10, super funny, user :) These posts make the cryptofags look even more rediculous

Retard who still cant grasp how buttcoins course affects every other memecoins mined by GPU.

He even said he was mining ethereum

being able to render quality images is a fate better than mining for chink coins.

>Also these card are built for better endurance than chinky gaymer cards

They're not though. Most goymer cards have better PCBs than the reference garbage AMD and NVIDIA ship.

Electric company conspiracy in action right there.

>Kekimg at the absolute state of people who fell for the bitcoin meme
i made thousands of dollars
it's in fiat now
it was made from bitcoin
i paid taxes on it too

why are you laughing?
are you nervous?

coinmarketcap.com/
For the most part, crypto follows Bitcoin.

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't, but to make that money others had to lose money, seeing you weren't trading goods or service for it, which is why I'm not comfortable with making money off crypto. It's literally a scam.

I could see this in a pg-13 wreck it ralph.
>help us
>it hurts to live...

>coinmarketcap

Get this shit out of here

>Maybe you did, maybe you didn't
it's not a maybe

>For the most part, crypto follows Bitcoin.
Which is hilarious.
The entire crypto market follows Bitcoin, a cryptocurrency of which 80% is held by less than 1000 people.
Free from the banks but obviously not free from the Jews that own the banks.

>crypto is a scam
You’re right; the paper money that the private company called the Federal Reserve is more of a scam than incentivizing helping a crypto network
>being this much of a boomer

>incentivizing helping a crypto network
The Federal Reserve and the banking system are just a pathetic excuse.
Crypto holders don't give a shit about the blockchain technology or about the evil Fed. They're here to make a quick buck by selling their crypto and going back into the embrace of the evil Fed and of the banking system.

Did the advertising tell you that, sweetie? AMD's reference PCBs in particular are absolutely fucking rock solid, using premium, quality components. Nvidia's are by no means bad either these days. I'd trust them over ANUS or EVGA chinkshit garbage that has literally had problems with literally catching fire in the recent past any day.

>being this much of a zoomer that you dont understand fundamental economy

which motherboard supports 10 gpus???

What's your wallet hash then?

>b-b-but its decentralized
what a fucking meme

power cycling is worse then constant high voltage usage ; ie a mining-tards gpu is almost always in better condition then a nigger who plugs his pc out or turns it off couple times a day

Speak for yourself, NPC

>doesn’t know what undervolting is
Go to some other board

overclocking is worse than power cycling, especially extreme overclocking, overvoltage instantly decreases life of the component
power cycling is not optimal but it isnt as bad as overvoltage condition

A lot of Mining motherboards do now..

Fud, fud, go away

but miners undervolt

>spent 6k
>wants 5k
This person is truly retarded the GPU's alone are worth 1500$ and no one cares about the rest of the system.
I guess he is really hoping someone else will fall for the mining meme.

Power cycling is worse for HDD's and that's about it. I power off my pc whenever its not in use and i have had zero component failures since the 8800GT was a modern GPU.
Running you GPU at 100% load for months is going to put a fuck load of heat stress on almost every component on that board these particular GPU's are not designed for this type of constant load and it will cause them to fail just like store demo models of most electronics.

>no one cares about the rest of the system
ram, cpu and motherboard can be sold seperately

how is conserving power better for your components retard ?
im talking about switching or your pc over and over

which website is that?

>the GPU's alone are worth 1500$
those cards are $150 brand new so it's only worth $750

i already said that what i have is now in fiat
i have no reason to keep empty wallets

You can buy this setup right now for less new. What is he thinking?

user was talking about high voltage usage, that is overclocking, undervolting is ok it doesnt damage anything

>to make that money others had to lose money
how's that 18th century economics going?

So you know that with a wallet hash you can track transaction history and want to avoid people seeing that you didn't earn what you're claiming.

>seeing you weren't trading goods and services for it
It's like you don't understand concepts of currency and economy.

Quadros operate in a data center or something that is kept >50C and blows cold air into the rack intake
Cards used for Mining are running at near thermal threshold (80-100C) in someone's garage

The voltage doesn't matter, they 100% the fans 24/7 and that wears out the fucking bearings.

>AMD's reference PCBs in particular are absolutely fucking rock solid
I used to own sapphire firepros. They were hot garbage. They weren't exactly better built, but they had pro drivers, and ecc (shitty busted ass ecc in my case, but they were theoretically there).
>Nvidia's are by no means bad either these days.
They are a couple tiers "better", but they can run all day, because they are usually clocked lower than their gamer counterparts.

Someone offer the guy 800, kek.

No he wasn't, don't talk about things you clearly have no knowledge about.

yeah unless i were to pick some random ass wallet and say it was mine and i hadn't moved anything for a while
there's no real point in me providing verification to you

I've used all my gpus since the gtx 470 for 24/7 Folding@home and never had a gou fail on me. Same for my overclocked 3770k but stopped in 2015 because it wasnt worth the 70 watts being put into it. None of my cards have failed on me and all were overclocked for gaming except my r9 390. How do people figure that using hardware sudden kills it?

i need something like this for my thesis.

Forgive my lazy/shitty grammer and spelling, out to dinner with my grams.

>Folding@home
stop making mommy and daddy pay more in electricity bills

If he sell it on Ebay, they'll take away 13% in commission, and he'll get at least one "not as described" item returned, so $800 is actually too generous

No you don't.

he'd make more money by donating it and write off the losses

not if he bought it and wrote it off as a business expense in the first place, cause then he'll owe money back on it for stopping using it before a 3 year period

Who was the first retarded that accept bitcoin as money again?

Nobody fucking 100%s their fans you moron
Fans are generally set to 60% or below. The airflow is the biggest determining factor on the cards health, and it is has nothing to do with the fans on the GPU.

Incorrect. If they lived that long they are solid and ready to go through many more heat cycles

>Sapphire from 10 years ago sucks, nvidia is better

Attached: image.jpg (625x773, 98K)

>believing bullshit from Craigslist ads

>and it is has nothing to do with the fans on the GPU.
Well, it's not entirely separate from the fans on the GPU.
I mean, sure, if it is blowing a gale outside the little hand fan you have isn't going to feel like it's doing anything, but most systems aren't set up to provide so much airflow that the fans on the GPU are useless in comparison.

Fair enough. We will all just continue doubting you then.
That should mean nothing to you, as you have nothing to prove here.

>slow shitty RAM
>shitty useless mobo
>useless CPU
Ok, its worth $1600, tops.

t. miner struggling to sell his failing GPUs to get his ROI now that crypto is dead

i actually do.
i'm hoping that the bitcoin crash makes graphics cards more easily available so that i can make something similar for testing some theories i have.

Unless you're planning a double-blind experiment your test is trash

>crypto is dead
>glowing in the dark so bright
How many times is it going to die?

Are you taking about mining farms? Their setups are usually open frames with the GPUs strapped to the frame big fans either pulling the air backward or pushing it forward..

99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
There’s the link

In which case the fans on the GPUs would still be doing something because locally they would be causing the air to flow faster across the heatsink.

Don't get me wrong. Overall ventilation is important too, the heat actually has to be carried away, but what we are talking about is whether the fans on the GPU are actually doing anything worthwhile, and they are.

Oml I didn't even realize how unprofitable mining is now until I looked it up. If days worth of mining a year ago would've gotten you $2, now it'll get you like 20 cents. Is this the end of crypto?

>Is this the end of crypto?
Maybe. It kinda depends what you mean.
If you're talking about it as an investment or get rich quick scheme then, yeah, I think it's basically the end of crypto.
What it could actually do is kinda stabilize and then regain its worth as a currency.
Bitcoin, itself, is basically dead, though. It's far to expensive to mine and mining is required to process transactions. This will only get worse over time as difficulty increases, unless they fork it.
What I basically see happening is that a lot of shitcoins will eat shit as the mining hype dies out, a more mature or forked version of Bitcoin will take over that solves the transaction processing issue which will probably be more like a proof of stake system than proof of work. This will largely stabilize the price an allow it to be used effectively as a currency.

I had a major hand in convincing people it would go back up to $10,000 by the end of the year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loving all the crypto is dead comments. Your salty tears will flavor my freedom fries and cool my next batch of GPUs.

One GTX 1060 during the most recent uptrend would turn $3-5 a day, and if you kept its output it would grow even larger with the rising prices.

But now we're in bear markets, and have been for some time. That very same GTX 1060 is only making about $0.20 after paying for the electricity it uses. Note that it is still profitable, but only because I took the time to find an obscure shitcoin for it to mine and trash instead of trying to compete with these huge rig farms that have bulk discounts on power rates.

But said 1060 run stock clocks or is actually underclocked in order to reduce its heat and power consumption. After 1 year of mining it is performing as solidly as the day it was taken out of the factory box. And if it actually does wear out as a direct result from mining, then I think there needs to be a class action lawsuit against Nvidia for shipping cards that kill themselves when actually worked to capacity for extended periods. They shouldn't be allowed to ship a card that can only make its rated performance for 15 seconds per month without having a total meltdown.

>I had a major hand in convincing people it would go back up to $10,000 by the end of the year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I doubt it.
Prominent people were predicting 20k by the end of the year as late as last month.

prominent morons maybe

Following the history trend it was almost impossible for bitcoin to have gone above $6,000 in the best of cases by next week.
And look what happened.

Actually using them. What's wrong with that.

>imagine buying in January

wew

>580s
>5000 UNITED STATES DOLLARS

that's robbery I don't care.

who is "we"?
do you mean to speak for yourself and another?

I bought mine December 2017. What of it?

The difference is I also knew that the bubble wasn't going to last forever, and designed the rig for endurance. It can mine and accumulate through the troubled times to have a massive pile of coin to be carried along several years from now when the market has another uptrend.

But most people trying to get rich off of crypto don't do long term planning. They got into this because they heard the lambo memes and want the overnight massive gains. And it is those same people who stand to lose everything by making risky investments only to get fucked by the market going against them.

So it is with many miners as well, who invested aggressively into new hardware and then failed to make the planned ROI because the bubble popped before the hardware could be paid off.

>inb4 "b-b-but bitcoin market is going to recover"
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

Attached: 1543686716725[1].png (1422x4631, 3.02M)

>they cant possibly be right this time
I'm not going to tell you that bitcoin is dead, but you have to keep in mind what drove the growth in the past.
The two big peaks previously were driven by economic problems and the popularization of cryptocurrencies. Now that crypto has been popularized it really needs some good news to drive it up again, like mass adoption in several important markets and favorable regulatory changes.
Other than that you're basically hoping for another country to hit an economic crysis so people start converting their currency to crypto to try preserve worth, like what happened with Cyprus.

All the recent bad press is weighing down in crypto and I fear that price manipulation by a few exchanges is only scratching the surface of the pile of skeletons hiding in the closet.

Ffffffffffud