Linux is better for programming

>Linux is better for programming
>The best text editor in existence is Windows-only

Attached: Notepad++_Logo.png (212x153, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/notepad_plus?lang=en
notepad-plus-plus.org/community/topic/13415/v7-3-3-fix-cia-hacking-notepad-issue
notepadqq.com/s/
github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus/commit/5251bdd6dbc1042eaea1bb17736ea92e2f60afc5#diff-0aec993847b3c277dad9d719d29d37d6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you work for microsoft?

Mousepad is pretty good.

Weak bait.

What makes it better than the ones available for GNU+Linux?

5 rupees have been deposited into your Microsoft

For me, it's Visual Studio Code

>implying WINE doesn't exist

Why is gedit so slow these days? I use it occasionally on Debian 9 and every 10 minutes or so it will suddenly freeze up for about 20 seconds.

Attached: 1232931963267.png (403x428, 103K)

xd

Even nano is better than n++

I shudder at the possibility of this not being bait.

Notepad++ is SJW dogshit.

I unironically use it all the time, it werks faggets

I used notepad++ purely when I was 16 for C programming, it felt cool back then. Nothing has changed since then in the half decade between, I tried it at work and it sucked ass

I’d rather go pure hyper corporate IDE like IntelliJ or go emacs. Notepad++ is that thing in between that feels too heavy to be lightweight and too lightweight to be the only thing you need.

Only madcunts use vim.

never used better text editor than notepad++, has some good plugins I also created my own in python

It works fine for making notes or light editing without losing all your shit if the computer loses power.
It's not meant to compete with IDEs.
Emacs is literally heavier than Notepad++ btw.

t. starving somalian babby

>Vim is Charityware. You can use and copy it as much as you like, but you are
encouraged to make a donation for needy children in Uganda.

wine

Attached: 1542928286996.jpg (286x327, 17K)

where can I get more plugins for N++?

If you really want a N++ experience on linux like a retarded monkey try kate or NEdit

twitter.com/notepad_plus?lang=en
>implying n++ is any better

Attached: chrome_XIk5Ud6u0l.png (575x603, 631K)

Emacs runs on Windows.

Why does she have "anime" written on her forehead?

because she's a qt anime girl

but she's right, the us stole it's land from the natives

>by this logic, every tribe that ever conquered another tribe can thus be considered to have stole their land
fucking ``native`` americans living on stolen land before the europeans got here, baka desu senpai

*uninstalls n++*

literally botnet editor

notepad-plus-plus.org/community/topic/13415/v7-3-3-fix-cia-hacking-notepad-issue

Its called "conquest", not stealing.

>using wine for a text editor
Holy shit the state of ubuntards. Fucking learn vi

WINE IT YOU DUMB NIGGER JESUS

Based

Attached: EFDA3139-67F6-4FD3-A605-916823647A9A.jpg (894x894, 385K)

What does text editing have to with programming?

Why people even use this when way more nice, powerful and cross-platform alternatives exist? Name at least one reason.

Waiting for answer
Op, explain yourself. Why do you consider it "the best". Windows-only, non-ergonomic keybinds, ugly interface, not very extensible, no keyboard access for some features. It's not even installed by default and not "minimal" or "suckless", which may be reason to still use it.
Is it baby duck syndrome or something?

THIS IS THE BEST EDITOR

It is shareware, not free, and it is for Windows

Attached: ultraedit old and good version.jpg (939x699, 191K)

Oh, you're just baiting. Okay then.

Ubuntu has it in their repos. Geany is better anyway though.

not really, you could say that about any given part of Europe, Asia, or Africa, but for the Americas and Australia we can only prove a few cases of one tribe conquering another and taking their land

>the actual code is 1/4 of the total area
needs more google toolbars

>not Emacs
Please go away.

You clearly haven't tried Atom, which is also for Windows if you haven't ascended

Not him, but I am pretty sure that its meant for 31 inch and more displays and for you to sit closer, so that would not be a problem.

I don't care for the political shit, but god damn does N++ just fucking feel good to use. Not gonna lie, a lot of text editors exist. This is the only one I've used that's comfy.

>tfw one of my professors needed to make a quick c file and opened vi, not vim

>The best text editor in existence
farmanager

Attached: 8QUEENS_SCRIPBASIC.png (556x504, 21K)

Funny way to spell ed.

>ed
f-ck you!

Then go ahead and try to take it back otherwise shut the fuck up about it.

Because Gnome, Kate is better anyways.

Yeah, next time a nigger robs a grocery store he better sure insist on calling it "conquering the resources" otherwise he might go to jail.

Fuck me you people are dumb.

needs more toolbars/10

If you like Notepad++, just use Kate. Basically the same shit but Kate is better.

Vim vs Sublime?

Not using notepad qq

Attached: B53BF6A2-772D-472C-8334-3CF7DFB0974B.jpg (552x635, 44K)

Currently using Sublime, but moving to Vim because superior keybinds and more lightweight.

I'm still using both for different tasks but I feel I should make up my mind and pick one finally.

I actually agree with this non-ironically, to the point that I'm tempted to install wine just to emulate Notepad++.

There's Notepadqq but it doesn't feel as good.

I mean Notepad ++ is the only text Editor that shows non english letters for me

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1538212176040.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

kek

This 100x

He hates Ugandans.

Now you are beginning to understand why property is theft sweetie :^)

is that you, stock visual studio?

>The best text editor in existence is Windows-only
too bad winfags cant compile without "clicking green arrow at the top" in some shitty ide

Some of you guys take this whole shilling thing too far.
Way too far.

Notepad++ in Windows
Geanie in Linux

She doesn't

Just use bluefish and quit bitching. Runs natively on MuhGaymen OS, Fagfruit High Sierra Mist, and Autism+Linux. Context-aware editing, point and click interface if you can't into vi because of zoomer mouse hands syndrome, multitab editing, search+replace with regex.

Attached: bluefish-2.2-is-out.png (221x192, 35K)

>bluefish
And why in God's name would I use that atrocity? If I wanted a good interface, I'd just use VSCode, otherwise Vim is the patrician's choice.

Notepad++ is a horrible editor. It seems like it's only used by pajeets.

For text editing vi/emacs are just fine

Honestly, I just crack open a can of Coke™, open Visual Studio™ Code™ from Microsoft™, and have a good time. I don't support commie software, only good ol' American Tech.

You should consider cracking open your skull instead.

you forgot the best part where it is able to open REALLY BIG SINGLE LINE FILES, unlike emacs or vim

bait, the real answer is vim with plugins

don't be a fucking child, learn how to organize shit and switch between multiple files as well as build an actual workflow

emacs is fine too but if you use the default keybinds people will laugh at you, kind of like using vim without configuring anything at all

Only reason the american nigger goes to jail is because whitey is still the majority. You just need to look to South Africa to see that niggers steal from whites and the government allows it, because blacks are a majority there.

And btw niggers still do "conquer resources" from the whitey in US and get away with it, but it mostly happens when the niggers riot or a hurricane ravages the area and there isn't enough cops to put them in their place.

You're so fucking naive it hurts.

>Windows-only
notepadqq , faggot

misguided

the best text editors are emacs and vim

We have:
>Vim
>Kate
>Sublime Text
>SciTE

Notepad++ is nice and stable, but there are alternatives, which are as good as Notepad++.

Jedit master race reporting in

Notepad++ is nice, but if you're using it for any reason other than an extended clipboard or a fixed-length plaintext file viewer, you're probably doing it wrong..

Atom will go into deep sleep or some shit and will take forever to start up if I haven't used it in a while. That's a huge deal breaker for me and makes no damn sense why a text editor would need it. How much caching does it take to view a text file?

place i work at has emacs on all their servers, frequently files never get downloaded and we just work through ssh. so the keybinds are default and fine.

My baby boomer colleges are quite fond of this one.

meant for

>not using modified nano

Attached: 4B4EA026-37B0-4431-993D-9FB8A285E9F6.jpg (600x532, 40K)

I'll take the bait.

notepadqq.com/s/

>muh lightweight
Do you by any chance you an i386 or similar for your everyday computing tasks?

yes and a trump tattoo on her right arm

>twitter.com/notepad_plus?lang=en
I'm not against charity for starving kids in Uganda. I'm against authoritarian SJW's like the guy behind N++ .

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-09 13-26-53.png (644x774, 401K)

So this is the power of soi?
github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus/commit/5251bdd6dbc1042eaea1bb17736ea92e2f60afc5#diff-0aec993847b3c277dad9d719d29d37d6

available in the ubuntu software center check it

Attached: 1526684531155.jpg (700x693, 135K)