How come no one can make a better search engine?

What is Google's secret?

Attached: 1526823528700.png (834x610, 335K)

The right can't code.

The secret is they suck cocks

for i in websites do
if(search words == i.words )
return true

so hard

Bing is objectively better from a search results standpoint. It just doesn't have all the fancy cards.

fpbp

>Bing is objectively better from a search results standpoint
this. google isn't good, but the public's behavior is entirely controlled by marketing and branding. google is the brand the public knows for search

problem is no one cares about the way the old web works, they just pick 3-4 big websites and stick to it. Their minds can't process much more than that.

google
youtube
facebook
amazon
reddit

thats 95% of the web today and that is where the normies will remain, consider them containment zones

google is so powerful because it can literally index every single page on the web, they have the money to do it and they became a monopoly before all the sjw shit started. Now they all became sjws because it works in their favor to be that way.

also, wiby.me is the official g search engine.

/thread

They have lots of experience and software built up, and smarter programmers

>who is James Demore
No, they just have more money to throw at developers. Business is business.
The roasties and só €€oyboys are busy redesigning youtube for the 100th time

Bing is shit and you know it

Who cares. I'm not using google like sheeples.

The secret is Google just got really popular. There are better search engines, but Google is a large brand name so everyone decides to use it. It's the default browser on basically everything and most people don't care to change this because they want everything to just work for them.

>There are better search engines,
Like what?

>make new uncensored search engine
>it actually gets users get kicked from hosting because site was working exactly as intended
>"whats the matter bro I though you like free market just create your own hosting"
>host own servers then get kicked from domain name because site still works as intended
>"whats the matter bro I though you like free market just create your own internet"
>get new domain and get kicked from finance services for the same reasons as the others
>"whats the matter bro I though you like free market just create your own global banks and financial institutions"

>The secret is Google just got really popular
No, I remember when google became my default search engine.

Prior to that it was altavista, and if I couldn't find what I wanted, I'd have to try others as well like yahoo, lycos, hotbot, ask, etc. Google seemed to simply get the results I wanted very quickly, thanks to their pagerank system. It just worked. I think it worked better back then than it does today, because back then, they didn't try to censor much. Today, now that everyone is on Google, they have too much power, and they are affecting what people think by curating results to the users biases.

I personally use DuckDuckGo for everything because they are pro-privacy and anti-bubble filter

that's what China and Russia is doing right now, creating a whole new world order.

Google is too far ahead of the game. They've got too much information and are able to profit off of searches by using that information.

And friendly reminder that it's been proven that Google illegally discriminates against white males in hiring/promoting and is currently the subject of a class action lawsuit as a result.

Attached: 69ufyjkkw0901.jpg (761x763, 95K)

True. On the right they tell everyone college is a meme and everyone should learn a trade

Duckduckgo tends to give me better results for text search, but image search is pretty bad

>part of a duopoly on phone OS
>own a popular web browser
>own commonly used dns servers
>own internet infrastructure
Google has sought a monopolize the data market as much as possible

really, pajeet ?
google is hardened on layers of botnet data, that's all there is to it

duckduckgo needs an "I give in, show me the google results" button for times when the search results aren't good enough.
I'd then be happy to give them first shot at all my searches.

>altavista, hotbot

JFC at the flashbacks. I used DMOZ at lot too, and sometimes MetaCrawler. When Google came out, I appreciated the clean, Zen interface, and excellent results so much I went to their primitive little store and bought a Google boonie hat, which I think my son still has. Who would have guessed we were staring into the face of the mustard seed that would grow into The Beast 666 someday!

I agree! They need to up their image search game

They actually have a feature similar to what you described. If you add g! to your search DuckDuckGo will give you Google results

prefix your query with !g

use searx.me you autist
it's google without the tracking profiles and internet bubble

>DuckDuckGo because they are pro-privacy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
OH NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

governmental contracts.
a cornered market they made in the mid to early 2000's.
market saturation.
smartphones.
personal data pilfering for ad agencies.
ease of use for the SDK and ADK for app developers.
absorbing all of it's competition or curving them when necessary.
borderline monopoly.
i could find more reasons but that is what search engines are for.

except do
>!b
because bing is better. And
>!bi
>!bv
for image/video

>>>/loo/

This was how pre-Google search engines worked and they were dogshit. Their critical insight was ranking results by how many other pages linked to a certain page. More links to a page implies more people like that page or find it useful. I dunno how relevant that is today now that most everyone uses the same 10 websites.

There has been no real evidence to the contrary

Programming is a trade dumbass

One of the big problems is that Google is always improving their search engine.
So it's not matter of just making a better search engine, it's a matter of _catching up_ and overtaking Google Search.

As for the image, people have opinions and say things. Whether that means they actually did or had the power to do them is another question. Basically, thought police.

>So it's not matter of just making a better search engine, it's a matter of _catching up_ and overtaking Google Search.
They have 20,000 engineers dedicated to this. Like where are you going to find 20,000 engineers to beat them? Heh.

/thread

Attached: 1529453858608.jpg (640x427, 100K)

no wonder Jow Forums is full of spergs more obsessed with their desktops than programming things

>Bing is objectively better
haha
fuck no.

if you actually run a website you'll know that

google bot arrives hours after your website goes live, it crawls every single pake and image and then it practically lives on your site, crawling it constantly, updates appear within minutes.

bing bot takes weeks to arrive, and only returns once a few days at best.

other engines are even worse.

the end

DuckDuckGo is an option

>Chris Busselle is just a cheesy white beta male who hates himself so he actively cucks anyone better than him and just secretly labels it as diversity

Agreed. Better image search, better at finding what I want, etc.

Maybe in the English-speaking world.

Is there a search engine that penalizes sites with tons of javascript, third party scripts, advertisements, mangled html, flash, etc?