ITT

ITT
Beautiful Tech
Image: Guidance System from Minuteman-I missile.

Attached: 1920px-Autonetics_D-17.jpg (1920x1277, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/gears-of-war-when-mechanical-analog-computers-ruled-the-waves/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=i5MNLTc7YhY
microwaves101.com/encyclopedias/mitered-bends
youtube.com/watch?v=NoxQsmzJ5tg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1395318680336.jpg (1200x1600, 989K)

It's a shame it's so terribly outdated.

Atlas ICBM Control Cards from an abandoned treaty compliance site at Vandenberg AFB.

Attached: IMG_7522.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

>those shitty traces

amazing how we were able to create such wonders in the 60's but now can barely manage to create a system that can launch a rocket into space and land back down safely.

serious question, wtf happened with technology during the 70's till now? what caused missile and rocket science to slow down? and more importantly, space? why hasn't America planted a damn flag on mars yet or built a station the moon? let alone low earth orbit hotels. even if its for the rich?

Wasn't shitty then

Attached: 1543078709355.gif (346x360, 873K)

Russia give up.

Money...PS: It hasn't.

Attached: funny.gif (255x255, 1.16M)

Space travel isn't electronics heavy, its main cost is both in manufacturing low-tolerance, big ass pieces of aluminium and steel with complex and strict requirements and small production runs, and all the extremely high skill human effort required in research, design, planning and executing.
None of those things have had massive reductions in cost and performance increases like electronics have had. And the government and populace are not interested in wasting money just to send scientific experiments of questionable value to the moon.
That and maybe engineering culture has dwindled a lot in the US, the job prospects for engineers and skilled people in general are much shittier now that they were back then, the jews have made sure to demoralize smart white men by both shitting up the job market for them and putting people in charge who at worst hate them and at best don't give a fuck about anything except keeping their job.

>wtf happened

Attached: 1541526497213.jpg (1869x2569, 1.9M)

"I'm so sorry..."

Attached: sosorry2.jpg (346x233, 30K)

based black science man doing all the work while the roasties take selfies of themselves

that's just a big toaster for those cards, duh.

lel

Illuminati puts sexual offenders and pedos like him in the mass media intentionally so the NPC's like you are brainwashed into not being able to recognize perverts.

What do you mean? Beauty of tech isn't related to when it was created. See steampunk as an example.

For me, one of the craziest and most beautiful things is mechanical targeting computers. They achieve a ridiculous level of sophistication using only moving parts to solve multivariate calculus in real time, and weren't replaced until long after computers became popular, because they were better for a good while.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/gears-of-war-when-mechanical-analog-computers-ruled-the-waves/

There's nothing shitty about it. There's nothing special about having rectangular traces, it's just the default because it requires less work to go from point a to point b on a grid.

Jesus christ, why is your weeb ass so fucking autistic? I just made a stupid ironic reference, regardless of whether he's a kiddie diddler or not, of course the actual black science man is a retarded hollyjew plant who can't into science, but this was just a damn joke

You have to go to the second and third page for any details on how it worked

So you are a racist then.

Of course I am, racism is literally just applied statistics. But that's not why I think black science man is a retarded hollywood actor, he just doesn't know shit beyond basic highschool physics. Same as that chink michio kaku.
>inb4 user banned for this post
jannies can suck my dick

It pains me to think that this is the best answer.

all I can think about from seeing that photo is how awful the women's bathroom probably is. ALL THAT BLOOD oozing out of their vags. the shit stains everywhere and the piss plus normal vaginal discharge.

Attached: mbpr13_opened.jpg (1741x1200, 667K)

what's shameful about it? it doesn't need to be trendy and "current" to do what's needed of it and it's much more beautiful as a piece of complex indigenous engineering in a pioneering field designed by someone who probably actually took pride in what they did than a credit card sized PCB with a couple off the shelf generic east asian integrated circuits designed to cater to a faceless market demographic by people who hate their lives and take no pride in what they do

This shit costs astronomical amounts of money which no-one is currently prepared to pay.

The only reason America went to the moon was to make the ussr look like losers, and America was ascendant at the time, no terrorists, no 2008 global recession, on Iraq, no Afghanistan, no Syrian civil war, no ISIS

>that old eprom
i came

wtf is that nude diecorner?
nice looks but no way to repair ever

Attached: bikesyousay.png (486x419, 335K)

I love this photo
>c-can you move? We're trying to take an all-women photo?
>I'm busy
>Please, it's just for a-
>Ain't a single bitch in this room be able to do what I'm doing, or have any fucking clue how to do it. You ain't telling me to move, I got rockets and shit to keep from exploding, now fuck off and take your stupid picture of women not doing work

Could be replaced by a smartwatch CPU + 20 kilos of lead to radiation shield it.

Those mechanical targeting computers and MIRV's are what ended the megaton race.
It's still outdated, right down to the fuel. The airforce has also wanted multi warhead capability out of their silo missiles forever.

>that acid-etched and exposed IC chip

Attached: 1538896773125.jpg (1920x1200, 181K)

>Space travel isn't electronics heavy, its main cost is both in manufacturing low-tolerance, big ass pieces of aluminium and steel with complex and strict requirements and small production runs
Space travel is everything heavy. Electronics are enormously expensive compared to regular electronics. Hell, even actual space grade duct tape is stupid expensive. These costs are not only due to the small production runs, but also come from the certifications they come with: engineers must be absolutely sure that everything they build will behave as predicted simply because once in space it can't be fixed, and producers charge a hefty premium to certify what they sell is within strict nominal parameters, with documentation that follows step by step the production of the item they're selling. This is particularly critical with electronics, especially processors, because not only they're custom made, but also they have to be literal golden sample (and again, it must be certified), and the only way to get one is through a big production run that goes entirely discarded.

t. Aerospace Engineer

>amazing how we were able to create such wonders in the 60's but now can barely manage
Also behold the Blackbird.

1960's: Gary Powers was shot down in 1960. The prototype took to the skies in 1964 and it routinely hammered across Soviet airspace in 1968.

Today: F-16 is 50 years old. F-35 has been decades in the work and is declared "operational" and only allegedly flown in anger by Israel, not the US. Operations in the West is mainly sitting parked on a runway, looking ugly.

This really is a disaster. I met a guy who worked on the space race (Mercury or Gemini, not sure which, but not Apollo) and it sure was a different era. It was the few, the competent and the quiet. And they delivered. Today we have press officers in spades delivering garbage, and Kelly Johnson's memory is being violated by L-M making press statements about a SR-72 that is unlikely ever to leave the glossy paper posters.

can anyone actually explain this without memeing?

Attached: 1506224841239.png (372x340, 225K)

someone has hair loss and dandruff problems
yikes

american culture
not even memeing, that's how they are

gender quotas
more woman in the workplace
lower salaries
etc

What? It is just an EPROM in an ordinary EPROM packaging.

Nothing happened. We spent the 1980-2000 doing research and experiments in space. We gathered a lot of data and learned a shit ton in that time that has prepared us for where we are now and where we will be going. We laid a foundation for the future with it

Attached: 1503853608117.jpg (592x754, 41K)

He's obviously a janitor checking his phone.
Nobody were working here when this photo was took

>gargantuan lump of Eldritch spaghetti of analog and digital circuitry mashed together
>beautiful

Curved traces are technically superior to straight ones

There's nothing shitty about squiggly traces. It's easy to draw them by hand and it's not detrimental to anything. Right angle traces is just an artifact of autorouting done by a program, it's easier to write a program that operates on a rectangular grid and it's easier to figure out routing paths programmatically if angles and directions are constrained. Having exactly parallel traces actually increases self interference, and sharp angles are harder to etch properly.

Attached: handsoldered QFP.png (638x476, 749K)

Haha what the fuck.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=i5MNLTc7YhY

That picture presents a false equivalence. The top half shows mission control during live operations, the bottom half shows a PR stunt. Now, granted, the all-women photo is politically driven, but that's beside the point: if you look at any modern day photo of a mission control room during actual operation (pic related, it's a screen of the InSight mission control during the critical moment of Mars landing) you'll still see a room full of engineers. Nowadays nothing stops women from entering STEM (I'd say they're encouraged, against their predisposition to go into bullshit faculties, due to the better job prospects), but they still make out a minority of the overall engineering population, and that's what you see in this picture.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-02-15-21-18.png (2880x1440, 1.99M)

Attached: lewd.webm (480x360, 620K)

absolutely disgusting

And none of that shit is removable

Attached: 1530995509109.jpg (1600x1200, 451K)

red pilled answer: government funding stopped

Go back to /a/ or wherever you came from you degenerate weeb pedo scum.
And don't pretend to be interested in shit of which you haven't learned the bare minimum.

>due to the better job prospects
Hahahaha. Yeah, I'm sure the opressed Taiwanese women studies has better job prospects than engineering.
Pro tip: it's not because of better job prospects, it's because they have a lower IQ than men. No, it's not just an issue of standard deviation, they actually have a lower average.

My point was that better electronics doesn't decrease cost of space travel as long as you can crunch some light numbers as evidentiated by Apollo, anything more advanced is just for a slightly better UI.
Maybe for Apollo the computers were a big part of R&D, sure. But for a modern orbital mission the cost of the electronics both on the spacecraft and on the ground is probably less than 5% of the total cost, and even if the chips are expensive they still got cheaper, but everything else stayed the same.
On the other hand for things like say medical imaging, weather prediction or even managerial tasks having cheap computing power makes the whole thing way cheaper.

it sure smells reddit in here

>Yuropoor education

SEETHING

Attached: 1433397996401.jpg (394x465, 70K)

My bad, didn't see you there reddit.

>cache die just sort of hanging out there in the open air

why don't companies just make the parts for free, or very cheap. Imagine the exposure they'd be getting.

Attached: 1530188733022.png (395x701, 249K)

Attached: urfjYYA.jpg (6378x3250, 2.02M)

>the state of zoomers

Attached: 1506182239250.jpg (400x399, 18K)

I want to be an aerospace engineer, user
Is it fun?

One is real one is fake

>amazing how we were able to create such wonders in the 60's
yeah about that....
errr....
we did actually.. you know...

Mk2 golf

Fukken love it

>also come from the certifications that the government made up so you have to pay extra to into aerospace

The FAA hates him. This man bypassed millions of dollars in aviation regulations compliance with one simple trick. Find out how!

Attached: 1534091190619.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

Friendly reminder if you think this is an acid etched chip you have to go back to the desktop thread.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Attached: AirC.jpg (432x720, 35K)

>mfw no open source CAD files

Attached: 1540716213709.jpg (992x975, 113K)

this
microwaves101.com/encyclopedias/mitered-bends

high frequency circuit design is really on a level of its own

Attached: 1412331785489.jpg (1034x767, 248K)

Attached: westcannotintospace.png (500x480, 127K)

You dumb idiot, you're talking about an entirely different thing. I'm talking about quality certifications: the producers absolutely guarantees that -for instance- a duct tape will have a End Of Life a very precise amount of gigapascal of tensile stenght and proves it with all the documentation about the production process. What you stupid waste of internet connection are thinking about is the safety regulations which has nothing to do with engineering.

And your autistic ass can't into jokes.

>safety regulations
>has nothing to do with engineering

Attached: 1534188744423.jpg (960x540, 34K)

How do we meme George Soros into funding space research, Moonbases and terraforming the Mars?

>space grade duct tape

Attached: audiosnek.jpg (640x480, 61K)

Promise him it'll be built using goyim slave labor

Wow what sorcery is this

Attached: chompindatza.jpg (932x1605, 198K)

The Soros family once worked for the other side. It was a time and place when billionaires were used by the state instead of the other way around. Those times will come again if we will it.

Attached: whiteybomb.jpg (600x530, 73K)

1 milliPaul of Flux.

metallurgy

Attached: 1539389221530.gif (329x319, 1.91M)

youtube.com/watch?v=NoxQsmzJ5tg

t. fell for the propaganda

oy vey, the wagies are needed on earth to keep making money for mr. shekelberg

accurate

>amazing how we were able to create such wonders in the 60's but now can barely manage to create a system that can launch a rocket into space and land back down safely.
We [that's not just the USA, it's most of mankind] really only want satellites up there, and the odd science mission, and we're doing that.

> wtf happened with technology during the 70's till now?
An amazing amount of progress happened with computers but also materials and so on.

The planet's logistics network with its ships, trains, trucks and airplanes is increasingly amazing, too.

> and more importantly, space?
More efficient exploration with satellites.

> why hasn't America planted a damn flag on mars yet
You might want to fix your own infrastructure first, reduce emissions, care for like ~half the population that is in pretty severe financial and/or health trouble, and so on. It'll help far more people and doesn't have the risk of fucking up the world's current relative stability.

Lead in solder.

So you admit you europoors have no vision?

>soldered RAM
>heatsink not covering the entire die
>glued-on battery

user, you have a weird taste in board design, but at least it doesn't have the T2 botnet and planned obsolescence chip

How does that not just short the circuit?

europoors have some bretty good scientists, problem is they have even more bureaucracy and germans pretty much own all the good industries.
Like consider rocket building - except for SpaceX who bucked the trend - every rocket in USA is made in Alabama, because the 'bama mafia controls space shit.
Germany basically has a political stranglehold on anything where government funding is involved so no one else in the EU can even try unless it's fully private with only private customers.

shits fucked.

What's is even more sad is the fact that you won't be able to spot the diamond these days like the one lady in the middle of the top picture.

He's paying close attention to detail. He might also be using enamel wire. That or everything going through the same perfboard hole is the same node.

Attached: animepcb3.jpg (3840x2400, 930K)

What's the vision behind some rich people maybe going to a luxury golf club & hotel on Mars and just how is it a better idea than fixing and upgrading spaceship earth for now?

I guess technically not doing a richfag space golf club can be considered having one vision less, but I think you get the point.

BTW, personally I think sending biological humans out into space is a problem anyhow. We can not deal with the timespans and hazards involved. Human / superhuman intelligence in a machine has a much better chance at getting around in space.