pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Previous Thread:

Attached: 16_dnF96hd.jpg (4096x2304, 519K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Data-911-Mobile-Data-System-M2C-TG3-TP-Keyboard-with-Touch-Pad-TG3-Electronics/223132640888?epid=737530341&hash=item33f3bde678:g:m9UAAOSw3G9bkGG7:rk:2:pf:0
amazon.fr/dp/B01LXG79JT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UI7aCbHTD8S87
amazon.fr/dp/B01L37CUKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BJ7aCb426TKVH
banggood.com/S-993A-US-Plug-110V-Electric-Solder-Sucker-Soldering-Iron-Desoldering-Gun-p-1049544.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
imgur.com/a/jPOKSJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

MX is gay.

Attached: 20180830_182437.jpg (2389x1344, 719K)

Are there any vintage keyboards worth looking out for that arent model ms?

Just got a Gigabyte K83. Awesome keyboard with no RGB crap also very cheap.

Attached: EDEB0FA8-7CDD-4EEF-9091-09FC14A569A2.jpg (3004x3004, 2.19M)

I'm interested, how many of you actually use the F keys frequently in your daily usage?

I use function keys in gaming

I wanted to go through with the 60% lifestyle, but then I realized I use F5 a bunch and some other F keys during programming, so 75% seemed like the better option.

>I'm an adult

f1, f4, f5, f11, f12

A lot in sc2 (camera hotkeys) and dota 2 (quickbuy hotkeys)

what keyboard is that?

that's the Leopard 660m, one of the best keyboards ever made newfag

remap those to dank macro in your text editor of choice

Am I autistic for loving typing on linear switches?

lol

>Budget
50-60€
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Linear
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
65-75%
>Backlight
Yes, at least white
>Previous/current keyboards
I had a Corsair K30 for years. I want to switch to something decent

Nah.

How long would it take to replace all the switches in a 65% board?

2 months if you replace 1 per day, or 1 hour if you replace 1 per minute.

Attached: image.jpg (1810x1810, 1.41M)

I want a Leopold 660M Mx Black but I have to find some clown to buy my MX Red version

Attached: 1543631414511.png (1000x1000, 1.46M)

ebay.com/itm/Data-911-Mobile-Data-System-M2C-TG3-TP-Keyboard-with-Touch-Pad-TG3-Electronics/223132640888?epid=737530341&hash=item33f3bde678:g:m9UAAOSw3G9bkGG7:rk:2:pf:0

yeah i use f5 and f1 a lot in editing.
even the 980c is killin me with ctrl+fn+printscreen

OK. soldering the new ones in isn't the problem. Its the desoldering that I am worried about.

How long would it take to desolder all the keys?

Depends on your tools & skills. If you're a noob and all you have is a solder sucker, an hour or two maybe? If you have a hakko FR300 or something like it then no time at all really.

Replaced all my 60% last week, it took about 1h+ to desolder and resolder everything

Depends on your tool of choice, really. If you have a shitty iron then it might as well take you a month. But if your iron has a decent thermal mass and power and your solder sucker isn't trash, then you'll have no problem finishing in an hour or two.

is dvorak actually good?

>a month
What the fuck are you talking about

The other modern layouts are arguably better.

f1 to f6, f10 to 12

which ones
only
other
one 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
i know of is a z e r t y

colemak (mod dh), workman, norman, the other really autistic ones.

too mych choice. qwerty sucks tough. looks at this accuract...

so, i actually work on electronics for a living. the problem is, Ive always used wick for desoldering. Seems like it would take too long. Anyway I have a Weller and a Hakko clone hot air station. Is using the hot air station a better idea? Maybe I need to look into a better desoldering method. What types of suckers are you using?

I basically want to get this done on my hour long lunch, as its the keyboard I actually use at work

>hakko FR300
oh, well that looks fantastic. Im looking now, but are there clones for like $100 or so?

This sounds like the worst idea ever.
Do you not have a weekend? A free evening maybe?
Just get a sucker that costs more than a couple of bucks, take your time, do a good job. Speedrunning this is a terrible idea, even if you're experienced.

Beats me. If you're going to use it regularly I'd just get the real thing to be honest.

I just want to thank /mkg/ for freeing me from the shithole known as Cherry Mx Browns. I would also like to thank you guys for introducing me to the wonder known as Gateron Linear switches.

This has been money well spent. Thank you very much everyone!

Attached: 1543129097800.jpg (867x685, 96K)

amazon.fr/dp/B01LXG79JT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UI7aCbHTD8S87

amazon.fr/dp/B01L37CUKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BJ7aCb426TKVH

The cheapest on Prime in frogland.
Last time I soldered before that was in highschool and i felt relatively impressed by the bang for the buck of these, they get the job done very well, and you can select the heat from 200 to 450 degrees, which i did not expect for that price range.

I used to use them a lot when playing StarCraft 2 but then I remapped my keys for faster use.

I still use them a lot in programming and web browsing though.

Attached: 1537685976238.jpg (408x698, 61K)

I don't currently have much of a workspace at home yet, so I kinda would prefer to do it at work. I guess I can stay a couple hours after my shift ends and do it

actually Im finding lots of stuff on banggood. Straight up clones as well as different and much cheaper designs. I cant really justify spending $300 on a sucker. Even my hot air station was only like not even $250

>have an average typing speed of 110 WPM on typeracer
>keep getting slowed down because because my left hand is having to press too many keys
>want to learn colemark/dvorak in order to type faster
>scared that it'll take literal years to get back to my old speed.
>on top of that all of my university's PCs use qwerty

what do you guys think I should do? I'm getting kinda sick of typing on a layout designed to slow you down.

Attached: 1530166957641.jpg (468x468, 176K)

dont worry man i just switched to dvorak from qwerty literally just then and so far so good. ive only changed the layout so im touch typing lmao

ok no joke this sentence took a long ass time to write

I do have one of those cheap suckers somewhere, but I prefer using wick over those. Here's one on banggood that looks like it could be good:

banggood.com/S-993A-US-Plug-110V-Electric-Solder-Sucker-Soldering-Iron-Desoldering-Gun-p-1049544.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

>I used to use them a lot when playing StarCraft 2 but then I remapped my keys for faster use.
What do you use now?

The core lite. I'm a m3 terran and it only took a week to get back to my old speed, another week later and I was a bit faster.

im just typing random words trying to get used to this layout jesus christ this takes literally forever to type out. idk if i should stick with it or not

>terran
How do you feel about proxy stargate tempest cheesers?

Idk I quit just before the post WCS finals patch but I imagine I feel about them the same way I feel about double robo and proxy void cheesers, easy MMR.

Why'd you quit, bud? The game's in a good state, t b h. Come back!!

That new star wars dsa set looks uggggggly

Excited to try the cream switches when they finally ship tho

Attached: IMG_20181202_1233159.jpg (4056x2704, 2.79M)

thinking about getting the RAZER HUNTSMAN PRO. Yes/no?

Currently using a Rosewill with cherry reds

What keyboard is this in OP's pic?

KBD75 (version 1) from KBDfans.

imgur.com/a/jPOKSJc

Any opinions on the vortex race 3? I’m considering buying one.

>cherry mx switches
Total shit

why

Any buckling spring TKL keyboards out there?

Did some googling. IBM SSK might be what I want.

If you can't find a SSK for a good price you can always hack up a Unicomp.

Attached: Unicomp SSK.jpg (3264x1836, 1.57M)

guys i bought a DIY kit and followed the instructions but now the mesh pcb wont fit, what do?

Attached: wontfit.jpg (4000x3000, 1.79M)

are those... are those caps under the pcb?

i bought the wrong keycaps?

Can you post a picture of what is actually happening there? Hard to tell what you're doing at that angle.

Nope, you bought the wrong switches and PCB

He messed up and forgot to put the mounting plate and now has to desolder everything.

:S i though i could press fit the grid into the switches but the plastic keycaps are to hard i think i bought the wrong ones

I think you bought everything correctly, but assembled things in the wrong order. Post a proper photo to assess the damages.

nu, you will bully me and laugh at my work

desu I'm just trying to figure out what you've managed there. Laughing is a side effect.

Other than using those keys in games I like to animate in flash and the default keys for adding and extending keyframes are F5, F6, and F7. I've already developed the muscle memory of using those keys so no use in changing it.

Careful, whatever you do don't remove the keycaps as it will create mustard gas and will kill you.

Honestly just throw it away and get a new one. Make sure the parts fit properly.

is it recommended to use mustard as a lubricant? never heard about this, plis don't lie to me i have autism

Mustard is not a lubricant, but mayonnaise is.

Workman is much better.
Are there any good TKL keyboards with silent switches? I was thinking of just buying the WASD keyboards set and getting the keycaps separately.

better photo

Attached: betterphoto.jpg (4000x3000, 2.16M)

Leopold with cherry pinks. Leopold keyboards already come with sound dampening material.

LOL u fcked up

I still don't know how you managed to do that

>Gateron Linear switches
Good for typing too?

Attached: tenor.gif (220x272, 63K)

Qwerty wasn't designed to slow you down, that is a myth. It was designed to reduce typewriter jams. Qwerty is not a slow layout. Colemak is fine, got to like 60wpm with it, but it takes work to learn.

Oh yea, Qwerty is 55% left hand, Colemak is 55% right hand. So there's a bit of a trade-off. Dvorak is just too slow to learn.

Wtf did you do? I'd you put the caps under the PCB?? Wtf man, post a better picture so people can help

He just made a rookie mistake and forgot to put the switches through the plate.

Then why use a plate at all, PCB mount works fine.

Maybe he got plate mount switches so they look all crooked

Got MX clears incoming in mail, about to build a splitboard, 50/50 between redox and ergodox, any recommendations anons?

What are some good switch placement memes? Something like a clicky switch on the escape/Fn key on the otherwise linear board. Or is this pure autism and I should grow up?

Ducky already made the peak meme keyboard

Attached: girl_holding_ducky_7_11.png (1522x1324, 1.67M)

>mx clears

based, the patrician mx choice

apple ones with orange/salmon alps.

Does the 980c feel similar to 660c? I tried realforce 45g and they felt more shitty for some reason.

don't know I've always BKE swapped topre boards