What's even the point of encrypting your drives...

What's even the point of encrypting your drives? If you don't encrypt /boot then you are easily fucked by anyone with physical access. Even if you do encrypt /boot, you are still fucked by BIOS/UEFI/firmware tampering, hardware keyloggers, cold boot attacks, and whatever else the government has. And since adversaries can easily compromise you even with full disk encryption, why have it at all?

Attached: 27579029_1978801918827109_6283849913566494720_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1.25M)

why encrypt your drive if you aren't a pedophile?

i have a lock on my door even though a battering ram can bust it open

This. All locks/barriers just slow invaders down, they don't stop them. The only other option is pure ramdisk computer.

I haven't been on Jow Forums in a while. what's Sarah up to nowadays?

>da gubmint
Yeah all those threads asking how to unlock an iPhone they "found" were government employees

Because you aren't easily fucked unless you are some serious target who has agents sneaking into your home while you are away.
Even if you really think the government can just break into anything, encryption still protects your shit from everyone else.
Without it, anybody can just plug your hard drive in or boot from a live USB drive and have easy access to all your shit.

Or they could use wrench decryption. I'm more worried about casual threats.

She quit Jow Forums long ago

> thinking you stand a chance
Retards like you think VPNs make them invisible to the world.

This.
Standard disc encryption is anti-theft, not anti-wrench. It's just so someone doesn't end up with your business client's files or your passwords you saved in Notepad or whatever in the event someone steals your computer and sells it on ebay.

Our desktops at work have all encrypted hard drives for additional security, but I don't bother encrypting mine. I don't keep any sensitive information on my personal laptop anyway, a potential thief is simply going to see a bunch of books, music and anime. Same for my desktop, although that would be a problem only if someone breaks in, but at that point, having people see the contents of my hard drive is the least concern.
The only "dangerous" data I have is KeePass databases, but those are already individually encrypted.

Of course, I'm not saying that you shouldn't encrypt your hard drives at all. But for me, it's just not worth the effort.

with libreboot FDE is trivial and you aren't fucked by firmware tampering, it's the only answer

How can they access /home whern it's encrypterd?

There is a method called "thermorektal crypt analysis" good luck defending against that.
A few days of a good torture and you will give in. You are still the weakest point in your encryption chain.

Sure, they will definitely torture you for downloading a movie.

The fallacy in your thinking is believing that because there is a potential attack vector to compromise the security encryption affords, it's not worth it.
Just because the vector is there doesn't mean it is easily exploitable.

You act as if they will send some experts who could be hunting international terrorists.
Encryption, VPNs and so on are simply for things like torrenting. The police goes for the low hanging fruit, they will not spend millions to capture some software pirate.

What kind of movie you need to download for anybody to care? Some pedo shit? I don't mind persons who download pedo shit being tortured.

I want to lick her feet

Basically I mean torrenting copyrighted material.
Even with CP you will not be tortured and how would they find you in order to torture you anyway? There are few agencies that can get your identity if you use TOR, many people here don't even live in the US, so the NSA will not do anything about them anyway.

This. Making it harder to be attacked, even if still possible, can still be worth it.

>many people here don't even live in the US, so the NSA will not do anything about them anyway
If US government wants you, they will get you, no matter what passport you have or where you reside. Google Kim Dotcom.

Also for all the retards thinking encryption won't make a difference - there are people being held in jail right now cause they refuse to grant access to their HDDs. There are countless more which just keep doing what they have been doing cause encryption + other security measures prevent governments/malicious actors from knowing about what they do/building a case against them.

>Kim Dotcom
Yea, and when I torrent one movie or accidentaly click on some link on 4channel and visit soem shady site I am definitely on the same level as he is.

I am btw. not saying my passport will protect me. I am saying I am too far away from the US to care about the small things I do and my local government will not crack TOR.

Why lock your doors if you aren't a pedophile?

>If US government wants you, they will get you, no matter what passport you have or where you reside. Google Kim Dotcom.
Sure buddy. Try to do the same shit with a real country like Russia or France.
UK or NZ don't count, we all know the anglo countries are completly dominated by the US.

You are probably not wrong but let's move the goalposts a little: You are French or Russian citizen residing in your passport country.
France
>shares intelligence with other Eyes nations
>copyright lobby is embedded there too, you dont even have to be extradited to go to jail for copyshit
>same goes for pedoshit or plotting against the state

Russia
>the moment you lose protection of the higher-ups you are fucked

Effectively the same shit will happen to you.

please keep your gay fantasies in /lgbt/

Sauce on that pic?

That is where the claymore mine comes in.

>If you don't encrypt /boot then you are easily fucked by anyone with physical access
How?

Evil maid attack.

oh, a keylogger. I really doubt anyone is going to break into my home to install malware on my pc

This.
Most likely scenario is the police seizing your PC because of soemthing you did on the internet. After that you will not try or even be able to enter your password again.

Cute feet

Unlocking my doors rn

Question

How do I remove a password from luks encryption? The keyboard is getting sticky and I want to make it easier to get in and blind entering a 80 char password is getting tedious when some keys just flat dont work

>80 char password
Seriously?