>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs less threads usually suffer lower 0.1% minimums
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: download.jpg (270x187, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-does-my-computer-shut-down-without-a-warning
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xG2KbX
pcpartpicker.com/list/WLfsBb
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/68fVRJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/CV9qXP
pcpartpicker.com/list/hC9ftg
pcpartpicker.com/list/9yjYtg
youtube.com/watch?v=gKBLrkZtIVk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how are rx 550 and rx 460?
much worse than a 1050ti?

Jow Forums, my computer's started randomly shutting down every now and then for what appears to be no reason.
>no logoff or warning from the OS of any sort
>computer always instantly starts back up again right afterwards
>no warning in BIOS or any warning at boot
>nothings running too hot at any point before or after shutdown

It's intervals vary wildly and there seems to be particular reason. It can happen while watching a series, doing some work or playing a game.

What can I do find out what's wrong?

>Don't talk to me or my son or my son's son ever again

don't waste money on it, better on saving a bit more and buying a RX590

Is the Fractal Design - Meshify C a hotbox?

sounds like a mobo failure to me, but it could be something else according to this
>quora.com/Why-does-my-computer-shut-down-without-a-warning

Hmm, maybe. I'll keep an eye open for it, and when I next open my case make sure all the wires are connected properly.

Are these things related to build or is it something I have done at some point to fuck it up?

The problem you're describing is insanely vague. It could be anything from a failing power cord to a motherboard issue, or a dying power source Or anything in between.

Looking for a computer for basic office work, browsing and everyday tasks. I'd like to have the ability to game a little bit casually (Fallout 4 would be the newest game I'm interested in that comes to mind).

Budget: 500€ max. Cheaper if possible, I can't really estimate if 500€ is maybe too much for my need and I don't want to go all in with the money if it's unnecessary.

I don't need mouse, keyboard. I want to look for a monitor seperately because I want to buy a used one. I want a cheap, functional case. I need a SSD for the OS (linux mint) and at least 1TB HDD.

what country?

Imagine being such a destitute intel shitter you can't afford 2950X

Attached: Ryzen-Threadripper-2000-2nd-Gen-CPUs.jpg (922x519, 205K)

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xG2KbX

not sure how good amd integrated graphics are but it fits the budget

I'm a destitute AMD shitter who can't afford a 2950X

I'd start by getting an ex Xeon workstation. Somehting like a Z400 with an older LGA1366 Xeon of sorts, then adding a GPU to that.

How much faster RAM affects r5 2600 and other Ryzen CPUs? Specifically does going from the baseline 2666mhz to 3200mhz is that noticable in gayms?

what are some pci raid cards that can be flashed to hba mode and have flawless gnu+linux compatibility?

Attached: 1537224034918.png (553x777, 222K)

>order all parts before or around Black Friday
>parts get here within 5 days
>except for the cpu, which has taken 9 days and still hasn't made it to a local distribution center and is sitting in a neighboring state since last Friday

Attached: 1526703762283.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

I wanted to buy components to build a ryzen pc during christmas, but the fact that x570 will support pcie 4.0 is making me have second thoughts.
Will pcie 4.0 help much when it comes to future proofing? Is it something i should wait for?
What components can i still buy now? I bought a 250gb mx500 already for €39 on amazon for storemi. I guess I could buy storage, a case, a psu and maybe 3200mhz cl14 memory without missing out on anything if there are sales for them.

If it always happens while you're computer is always doing something like loading a game it could be a failing power supply; i've had this happen twice.
Since you say it happens completely randomly who knows. The best thing to do is start switching out parts to find a point of failure

Try shorting the pins to reset the UEFI

t. Destitute 2950X AMD shitter who cannot afford the 2990WX

still looking for suggestions forunder $500 on this setup
pcpartpicker.com/list/WLfsBb

is that a good motherboard/ram combo?
i think the case fits my needs well
and i'm still debating whether to scrounge up for the ryzen 2700 vs the 1700

Unless you actually need the extra cores, I'd go for a 2600x or even a 2600 over the 1700.

you still need a power supply, storage, and graphics, unless you have those already

otherwise it looks fine

>Will pcie 4.0 help much when it comes to future proofing? Is it something i should wait for?
Well, 6 years after PCIe 3.0 was released, things like 1080ti and 2080 are just starting to max out PCIe 2.0 just to give you some idea.
If you haven't got a PC and want one now, I'd just build one now. If you currently have one that still does what you'd like it to, albeit not to the quality you'd like, just hold out until you're comfortable pulling the trigger.

here

I've got the fucker to turn on! Turns out I'm a complete fucking moron and the front panel connectors were wrong

New problem though: I'm getting no signal to the monitor. I've tried attaching it to both the graphics card and the motherboard itself, but with no success. All the other peripherals are getting signal just fine, too

Still got that fear, lads

Attached: Donald-Glover-Scared-Reaction-Face_408x408.jpg (408x408, 90K)

i have those already

i dont play games, mostly do heavy compiling/video editing and shitposting

also on linux if that makes a difference

Looking for a 1080p monitor with a high refresh rate that can physically rotate into portrait mode when I want to jerk off to celeb legs.

Attached: Vanessa-Hudgens-Feet-3672863.jpg (2247x3000, 1.86M)

Buy a used rx 570 or 470. Much better than those 3 cards.

If I had a case too small for a 120mm aio cooler could I cut the case to have the pipes outside and the fans on the top of the case

Attached: case.jpg (800x800, 316K)

>i dont play games, mostly do heavy compiling/video editing and shitposting
As far as i know the 2600 and 2600x are pretty close to 1700 performance on video editing and they use less power. I don't know about compiling. If power consuption is relevant to you, you might want to check benchmarks for the mentioned CPUs on your specific workloads and decide if the (probably slight) difference in performance is worth the extra heat and power draw.
The 1800x might also be a nice upgrade from the 1700. Cheaper than the 2700 and performs about the same.

You won't want to go bigger than 24 inches at that resolution because they will look blury.
Why does a high refresh rate matter for an image?

Attached: 1458729223671.jpg (2000x1328, 564K)

Is the monitor plugged in? Is the power plug for the monitor working? Is the socket good?
Try attaching to different ports. Try different cables.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/68fVRJ

Good day, /pcbg/!

Attached: CDUz7hzVEAE34ft.jpg (564x800, 62K)

Is there a way to remove the fan of the Wraith Prism stock cooler so you can clean out the heatsink without removing the entire thing from the mobo?

just buy something that fits desu

The refresh rate is for gaymin.

The monitor is have now is 22" and that's about right for me, just looking for a balanced price/quality recommendation.

Attached: 1543687553951.jpg (2912x4368, 1.36M)

almost every review i've seen says an OC 1700 is on par with an OC 1800x while being $100 cheaper though

S2417DG
Has G-sync, 1440p, 144hz, 24 inches, rotates

Attached: S2417DG.jpg (794x689, 92K)

The monitor is plugged in, and I've tried it with every port. No signal

That and the fact that the motherboard doesn't beep when turned on has me fucking anxious af.

I think it'd look shway

Are there better choices than the Fractal Design Define R6 and SeaSonic Prime Ultra Platinum 750W at their respective price points or cheaper?
I know the R6 doesn't have the best airflow, but i want some good sound dampening for the HDDs that will be in the case.
Does anyone rebrand that specific PSU and sell it for cheaper than SeaSonic?

Make sure the monitor has the right settings if they can be adjusted.
Try a different monitor if you have one handy.

I can recommend this, and it usually goes on sale for ~$80 off

Also a question because I'm too retarded to google: What is the difference between a standard GPU from nvidia and one sold by other company (like gigabyte or asus)?

I'm upgrading my old 1155 build to a Ryzen x470 build.

Thing is I want to use my current case, which is a HAF-912. Should I just not worry about the front USB connectors not being 3.0?

Also should I even try to salvage my old SB Audigy 4 or just stick with the onboard sound.

New to this.
Did I fuck up?
pcpartpicker.com/list/CV9qXP

Monitors are so hard to pick up when your range is around $1k and resolution below 4k.

what's hard about it
just get any 1440/144/ips/*sync monitor depending on which gpu you have. there aren't that many of those

I think ryzen 3 comes with stock cooler which is okay.
why are you buying win7? are you stupid? do not believe Jow Forums memes.
RAM of this caliber is really pointless with your build. i've been using 2133 RAM for 2 years now with 1600x, get 60 fps with 1440 in all games I play(a lot of AA garbage)

The card from NVIDIA is the base design, then other companies will sell the GPU with more efficient/quieter fans on and maybe factory tested overclocks.

you're overpaying on your case and your ram (rgb costs extra)
just buy a win10 key from ebay
use that money to get a 256+ ssd drive for your OS

i literally just bought this at best buy. it was on sale for 350. even though its TN, im coming forma 720p ~14 year old laptop and upgrading to this so to me its fucking amazing

>buy a random monitor
>backlight bleeding, black inconsistency, text issues
no thanks. monitors are not as easy as GPUs to buy.

Not 1080p

there are like 3 monitors per *sync. can't be that hard to look up 3 reviews and then decide on one of the them

>tfw sold my other 1080ti for the same price I bought it for

Attached: F.gif (500x350, 404K)

there is like 15 if you include VA
then there is another 8 from last year which may or may not be better, it also depends on reviewer tastes
fuck monitors are harder than headphones to pick up.

so you lost money on inflation for no reason? cool.

Anyone here with a Toshiba P300 1TB? Why it's so awfully loud? It's like the only thing that I can hear in my PC in idle. I just hooked up an old Hitachi 2.5 HDD from my laptop and in comparison it's virtually silent AND it's also 7200 RPM.
It's not like the P300 has some strange noises, the spinning is just loud af.

Checked the monitor settings, and tested the monitor with another computer. The monitor isn't the issue, it seems

I have a 3TB P300. I think it's audible but my case hides it pretty well. The only thing I can hear is my rear fan which rattles for some reason. No idea what's wrong with it.

is your PCIe in legacy mod? do you have another GPU or a UEFI/legacy switch on GPU?

I can't stand the noise. I use smartctl to put the hdd in standby, but windows is retarded and keeps enabling it whenever it wants, even when i'm not using any files from it.

Do I stick with Win7 for my Ryzen build or bite the bullet and go Win10.

It's better

technically new to pc building. i built a rig in 2014 for like 750. and things have changed a lot since then in terms of tech/pricing.
if any user would be kind enough to put together a nice example of a gaming rig for me it would be very much appreciated.
budget: ~1500USD
ill be playing some new AAA games (specifically Resident Evil 2(2019))) but i play a lot of older things and emulation. i also play some mid tier multiplayer games with my pals (rust, pubg).
im not worried about 4k and already have a nice 1080p monitor, so in short im looking to play new games, max settings, 1080p60 at the most.
thanks anons.

W10 E or E LTSC.

Is my i5 6400 good enough to run up to 5 windows 10 or ubuntu vms

no

shill, amd cpus dont support hyper v

Here you go, cookie cutter 1080p/60FPS build. Add front fans, change case, whatever: the core of the build remains the same.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/hC9ftg

>ah yeah sure, just install a Windows version for ATMs that gets updates about every two years and might within months run into compability issues with programs that require a newer NET framework version or something

Attached: 1526343825062.jpg (494x454, 37K)

(Me)
That said, depends what you mean by "emulation". CEMU runs better on Intel+NVidia, but both options would be much more expensive for the same perfromance in general gaming outside of CEMU. RPCS3 uses Vulkan and therefore doesn't cry nearly as much with AMD hardware. PCSX2 doesn't care, it's cheap enough in resources that either AMD, Intel or NVidia work fine regardless.

Also, what's your current build? Since it's a 2014 PC, it might not be complete garbage. Or it might be.

Do people still use optical drives?
Our optical drive is worth getting on a new build?

I’ve been putting together a parts list for a month, and by the time I got to the cases, most of them don’t have slots for optical drives…

How does the OS get installed on a blank drive? Does Microsoft sell USB sticks, or do I have to do it myself on my old computer?

Attached: ADEBBD24-891D-4163-89CF-0CE1A9BFED8D.jpg (592x444, 41K)

Thanks user
Current build:
Cpu: amd FX-6350
Ram: 8gig DDR3 803mhz
Mobo: gigabyte 970-DS3p
Gpu: 2047 Nvidia geforce GTX 760
I forgot to ask, what kind of build would i need if i just wanted to run 108060, but also wanted to run VR?

when you buy a physical copy of windows 10 it comes with a usb stick. Microsoft also lets you make a usb stick that can install windows to your pc

Fuck, i guess i should mention it'd be cool to stick with Nvidia, just what im familiar with. If that really matters.

>Current build
Yeah no, forget it, it's shit.

>what kind of build would i need if i just wanted to run 108060,
What I've posted.
>but also wanted to run VR?
VR would ask for much better gear to provide the high framerate and definition needed to make the experience somewhat believable, but it also depends of what kind of games you play. If it looks like SuperHot, it doesn't matter because the game is as graphically complex as LEGO bricks. At this point you should Google what other people are using in the games you're interested in.

>i guess i should mention it'd be cool to stick with Nvidia
Not really. The 1060 6GB is much more expensive than the 580 for the same performance.

I have one, but that's because I still buy records. It doesn't see much use in hindsight, bu I couldn't do without one so I stick with it.

You've helped alot user, ill do some of my own sleuthing and upgrading and post later. Thanks bro.

You don't have to revamp everything in the build. I say that because I see people being offered builds, then put a lot of fluff and shit on top of it and it doesn't work anymore because the additions don't make sense with the base build. That's kinda why it's a cookie cutter: it does exactly what it says. Really depends of what you mean by "VR".

What are the max spec upgrades for the Fujitsu Esprimo P2560?

Currently has a Pentium E5400 @ 2.70GHz CPU with 2*2GB RAM and a basic low-profile GPU.

Attached: 41G8+Qrd0xL._SY450_.jpg (329x450, 16K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/9yjYtg

I had a optical drive selected but remembered I dont ever use disks for shit anymore. And never changed back. But here is new case and other stuff.
Plan on using it for movies and lurking and games with waifu. Nothing super serious though just dont want lag and shit. And with the current price building 2 would not be a problem.
Any updated feedback or new feedback is appreciated.

you really want an ssd for the OS

I've still got an optical drive. I originally had it in my old build but I had to pull it out and use it to install Windows 10 on my newest build as, apparently, the build of Windows 10 you download when using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to put on a USB is an old build while the install DVD that came with my Windows 10 OEM license is the 1803 (April 2018) build.

Yes, there are USB stick + license packs that you can buy. You can also create an install USB on an old computer and buy a license by itself. As for how it gets installed on a blank hard drive/solid state drive, assuming you don't plan on installing any other OS, you just click on the drive you want it installed on and the Windows installer does the partitioning for you.

>4c/4t in 2019
You should consider at least getting a 4c/8t processor or just get a 2600 which has 6c/12t since you're already getting the RX 580 graphics card. It's about $100 more but it will go a long way.

Also, the SSD that the other guy mentioned is a really good investment too. That would be even cheaper (if you go with a 250GB, for example).

What's a good card for 4k 60fps gaming at the minimum plus rendering work?

2600 is shit for gaming enjoy your sub 60fps minimums

You need a 2080 TI with either an i7 9900 or at least a 2700x with fast B-die RAM + tight timings.

I don't think that guy is looking for a beastly gaming rig given what he is buying, retard.

2080ti

>4k 60fps gaming at the minimum
Depends of the quality setting. If you want max everywhere, 2080Ti. If you can make compromises, 1080Ti. Additionally, Gamers Nexus published recently a workstation benchmark. Unlike gaming, the results are not clear-cut at all. I second the 2700X recommendation: works better with Blender, but Intel still has the lead in Adobe video editing.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gKBLrkZtIVk

>2700x
enjoy your sub 60 fps minimums

According to userbenchmark there are people running Q9650's and Q9550's on them. They have a couple Xeons in there as well, so it looks like the 771-->775 trick works. So you may be able to pick up a cheap Xeon E5450 and a $3 sticker.

>ryzen tards think above 60 fps minimums is beastly
lmao, do you also think 30 fps is acceptable ?

>4 threads for up to 5 windows vms
ok

Thanks m8s. Guess I'll have to wait considering the RTX card I was going for is out of stock. Oh well, I can hodl for a bit longer with my Titan V. Also I already have a good CPU for the task (i9 7980xe delid) and RAM (32gb of 3200mhz g skill bdie CL14)

vms can share threads

6 threads? what do you need 4 threads for? 2 threads are enough