Pixel Slate

Why does this thing exist? more expensive than a Chromebook but worse, more expensive than an android tablet but worse, same price as a Surface but worse keyboard and less capable OS. Plus the pixel book exists with similar enough specs and a much better keyboard

What was google thinking?

Attached: Pixel-Slate--e1539119413804.png (1600x800, 845K)

Once again, they were dreaming of being like Apple. What a joke

tbf, the ipad pro is a joke too but apple sheep will buy anything they release

It's a proof of concept for a high end Chrome OS tablet. Google can afford to test the water with products like this. Personally, I like Chrome OS but at the same time feel it's kind of pointless making it into a tablet as it's entire purpose is as a netbook OS. Take away keyboard and mouse and you might as well be on Android.

> proof of concept

yeah, proof the concept sucks

>might as well be on Android
the latest chromeOS can run android apps too, I think google is going to merge the two soon enough.

it runs android apps jankily, like completely half assed effort

still the best tablet by far.

Attached: 1543145351560.jpg (255x244, 14K)

if you can reformat it like you can with a Chromebook I'd get one. there are no linux tablets on the market unfortunately

If the Slate is a Chromebook meant to replace your laptop why is there no expandable storage?

They see Apple do something so they have to copy it.

and still not worth the $1200 or So they ask for it. the 6th gen is probably the best tablet to buy

It uses a molecular display and is the best android tablet to come out. It may not have a headphone jack but it's still an amazing device.

t. Seething googlefag

Apple still can't integrate iOS with MacOS, Google is way ahead on that, making apps and programs be cross platform is paramount.

I just want a pixel-esque tablet with stock android and small bezels, like a large pixel phone. Tablets are purely for entertainment and things like a desktop OS, camera or keyboard defeat the purpose. I want a flat piece of hardware to sit on the couch and lurk with.

>doesn't have a headphone jack
jesus fucking christ

Cheapest is 800 and is sure as shit worth it compared to any of the competition
t. Artfag

BASED GOOGLE MAKING PRODUCTS THEY KNOW WON'T SELL
IT'S GENIUS BOYS, GENIUS

Attached: 1307155757943.jpg (158x173, 17K)

>$800 for a 64gb 11" tablet with an additional cost of $130 for an apple pencil

Attached: 1529391434477.png (640x640, 443K)

Why does this exist? With the iPad Pro you at least know the thing will sell, but who the hell will pay $1500 for a chromeOS tablet? Google mobile strategy is all over the place.

>10+inch device
>No headphonejack

Attached: .png (476x477, 256K)

The normal iPad is fine, though.
For some reason, it's even really reasonably priced.

A shame it doesn't have YouTube vanced. That makes it useless for me.

> art fag
> not using the objectively Superior microsoft ink
> using a tablet that doesn't even lay flat on a table

Like i said, retarded sheep who will buy anything they put out

Like the pixel c? though they quietly stopped supporting it before 2years has even passed

oh fun it's like a surface except worse in every conceivable way but just as expensive