Oh boi, new Intel 2020 GPU news

hothardware.com/reviews/intel-answers-gpu-questions

Attached: file.png (960x521, 664K)

it's going to be fermi 2.0 i guarantee it

lmao you nerds are going to mad when you realize Intel is trying to be Matrox and not an Nvidia/AMD competitor in the GPU market.

Attached: 1534077366976.jpg (1234x1024, 552K)

Funny enough Intel graphics have stellar linux support, if they don't gimp AMD cpus i might grab one

Meh, the Intel interview is given by marketing men.
Literally nothing was said.

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

So:
Yes to mainstream, pro-vis, datacenter (the real prize surely, that last one)
No to a scale-up of their IGP
Yes to Mutli-GPU
Yes to Multi-monitor

And the rest vague or Waitâ„¢ for 2020.

So this was Intel's plan all along.
Pretend to lose your grip on the CPU market while preparing to annihilate AMD and Nvidia on the GPU market.
Then they'll turn again to the CPU market and AMD will go bankrupt.

That's what you get from that "interview"? It's literally nothing; I could come up with with all the answers on the spot without any preparation.
90% of it is "we value our customers" and the 10% is "oh yeah, we already do that on iGPUs anyway".

I don't understand why you are annoyed with my post.
>That's what you get from that "interview"?
Yeah. It's what he said, sometimes vaguely, but he said it.

2020 could be pretty fucking good though. If Intel enters the market then, and AMD has Navi ready, then we'll have more competition in the space than we have had in a long time.

Meanwhile hope your current GPU doesn't die before then, because fuck paying $1500 for a goddamn graphics card.

Competing with AMD with a fresh entry into the segment would be difficult enough, but it's going to compete with 7nm Turing as well. If it can do that, it would really be pulling a rabbit out of the hat. I'm not expecting it to do so, except perhaps on price.
But if it competes on price, that's yet more motivation for Nvidia/AMD to vie for my wallet.

Even with Intel's billions they will never unseat Nvidia nor they have the brain trust and technology to do so.

Nvidia GPUs are the future, AMD who has been in the GPU business longer than Intel has surrendered.

Intel only tried to enter the GPU space once again for mining and deep learning memes. This new Arctic Sound GPU is nothing more but a tech demonstrator.

>Even with Intel's billions they will never unseat Nvidia nor they have the brain trust and technology to do so.
Intel.
80% of the CPU market.
100 times bigger than Nvidia.
They could literally make every game developer optimize everything for Intel CPU + GPU and give Nvidia a taste of own medicine

intel unironically is going to release a 300$ gpu that performs the same as the RTX titian.

just you wait.

>Intel only tried to enter the GPU space once again for mining and deep learning memes. This new Arctic Sound GPU is nothing more but a tech demonstrator
Read those two sentences again, and figure out the problem between them.

oh hi discord

AMD is a piece of shit quasi-bankrupt group of hacks that act like the excuse of the other two to be practical monopolies/duopolies.
Intel memes about their yields are simply inane. We enter the era of the death of silicon progress so everyone has difficulties.

Will they even have fab capacity to make GPUs in 2020? Releasing a 14nm GPU in 2020 won't go over well imo

They literally can. Memesters do not realize what a great achievement their iGPUs already are since they so tiny and on shitty slow RAM. Stick them on an actual board, with actual VRAM and moar coars and you can destroy others; if anything the main problem in that market in general is patent hogging (which all 3 do and nobody bothers because they are all American).

By then, their 10nm is slated for production. Assuming it doesn't get pushed off yet again.

But it's an entirely new GPU from a new entrant. Process tech is a part of the story, but not the only one. The chip and tech behind it could be anything, though there's a rumor that this is a diverted project for video-streaming in datacenters. It's all up in the air really.

This isn't a bulked up IGP though. It's unrelated in design and could look completely different.

>tfw Intel makes their CPUs incompatible with nVidia and Amd GPUs

Attached: gas.jpg (187x269, 6K)

The scalability of GPUs is relatively simple. Moar coars = always faster (very unlike CPUs) and their VRAM methodologies are well understood and stable right now.
I'm not saying I could design one myself, but it's certain a bigger chip and on VRAM will be extremely faster.

Any oldfags here remember what happened with the i740? Y'all think their new GPU is going to have a similar fate?

>have infinite money
>your 10nm is still shit and tsmc is destroying you
lol

>We enter the era of the death of silicon progress so everyone has difficulties
No, it's just intel that's shit and useless. Samsung and TSMC are doing fine.