THANK YOU BASED WINDOWS 10

Attached: WINDOWS 10 ALWAYS WINS.png (899x629, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Y-year of the Linux desktop

>literally give it away for free
>only 52.71%

Attached: 1508676739931.jpg (184x184, 10K)

>thank you
For what? What does Windows 10 having more marketshare than Windows 7 do for you? Are you a shillpajeet that gets paid based on these numbers?

Yes, I too thank Windows 10 that 52.71% of all computers lost personal data.

Wew, out of all of the Windows versions, more people are using Windows 10. Who'da thunk? Wew. Also see pic.

Attached: ohnonononononono.png (1716x498, 47K)

>loonix has been free for 20+ years
>still less than 1% marketshare

kek

fucking savage

You'd use it if you knew how.

>hacked together piece of shit not designed for desktops with 0 marketing
>billion dollar corporation advertising and forcing it down everyone's throats
What a shitty comparison.

Attached: file.png (620x350, 458K)

>graph shows windows version marketshare
>hurr durr muh loonix sux
kys

Those who do know how to use it absolutely do not use it as a home desktop sweetie.

blessed post.

Not to companies and we're probably seeing companies upgrading here

Linux has about half of the server marketshare. About 40% of Microsoft's virtual machine instances are running Linux. In Android it has about an 80% marketshare. But you're going to cherrypick desktop usage which is up to about 3%?

Okay, winjeet.

Attached: c3bb37bca7adf5191fef78e37e889afb.jpg (455x675, 80K)

You know someone is out of arguments when they say
>b-b-b-but muh android marketshare!!!!
despite Android having literally none of the benefits of running Linux on a desktop.

This doesn't even make any sense, ma'am

>despite Android having literally none of the benefits of running Linux on a desktop
It has the drivers, the stability, the ability to heavily customize it for embedded use to tweak things like power consumption etc, and it can run most of the same tools available on normal Linux distro. I can run a terminal emulator with Bash and OpenSSH natively on an Android tablet, for example.

Go be a stupid nigger somewhere else.

>Android having literally none of the benefits of running Linux on a desktop
It has a lot of them. You have distro choice with ROMs and lots of customization

wow at the amount of COPE from loonie gnuns itt are exhibiting

@68752736
>make stupid arguments
>get your asshole blown out
>"dat's a COPE!"
Were you just pretending to be retarded?

>needs shitloads of proprietary drivers for basic functionality
>full of malware
>becoming more and more tied to the company that originally made it
Explain how this is any different from Windows, faggots.

Yeah, nah. We're not playing the goal post shifting game here. Get fucked, Ranjeet. Windows is a toy OS for /v/toddlers.

>android had none of the benefits of linux on a desktop
>yeah it does
>proceed to describe how it is just the same as windows (i.e. no benefits of linux on a desktop)
>s-stop moving the goalpost!!
Do you really have no arguments, faggot?

Forgot to add, it's the pajeet OS of choice, which is literally the same as Windows.
Doesn't make much sense to call me Ranjeet now does it :^)

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share
NOT EVEN 1% NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>blocked by umatrix on the basis of being spyware
gee i wonder why it registers statistics for the lowest common denominators of society ie niggers and children

cope

It all depends on the ROM used. Many are shit, but there's nothing saying they have to be. Again, much like Linux, it requires a pulse and some effort to get the most out of Android. Nothing wrong with that. Some people are ok with frozen tv dinners, while others prefer to cook meals from scratch. Those two dichotomies exist without people going at each others throats constantly, why should this be any different?

>android is linux now
No. iOS is not macOS either.

Even if you have a Google-free rom, the first 2 points still hold true.

Not that guy but i'll give you a simple one. It is free as in beer, Windows isn't free. One of the benfits of the linux desktop and ROMs are you don't have to pay for them

Doesn't change the fact that Android is closer to Windows than desktop Linux.

and being "closer" doesn't negate that free is in fact, a benefit.

What kernel do you think Android uses you drooling fucktard?

Well yeah, but that isn't the point being discussed.

You said "none of the benfits" it does, the point being discussed was market share

Fair enough in that case, that's one valid point, but as I said, it doesn't change the fact that Android is closer to Windows than desktop Linux.

I honestly don't care about proprietary drivers unless it is used to gather personal information. I view them as a part of the hardware and justifiably protected by copyright. Why would you just give away half of your product?
In regards to malware, certain ROMS make it MUCH more difficult for this to happen.

No one is denying that Linux is "close" to Windows, being "close" to windows does not make it windows, it is still Linux, regardless of how "close" it is to Windows.

aka 1 =/= 0.999999999999999

2 rupee have been deewossitted into account.

Attached: shitheep.jpg (553x640, 94K)

Actually 1 = 0.(9)

Stop whining over a fucking technicality when you clearly understood what I meant and I even told you fair enough you faggot.
Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would deny that Linux is close to Windows, the point was Android, do try to keep up.

You can't just say "I don't care" and make the reality of the situation go away.

>You can't just say "I don't care" and make the reality of the situation go away.
You either run the stock ROM or you find a custom one designed for your device. How is this an issue? It's not as though you have to go chasing around for drivers. Proprietary or not, the drivers would have to be included in the ROM.

Fuck off, you "clearly understood" what and meant too. But when went from saying "Android having literally none of the benefits of running Linux" to bitching about "It is similar to windows"

> it can run most of the same tools available on normal Linux distro
Was a valid point and you waived it off, you cannot just run Linux tools on Windows, the benefit of natively supporting Linux binaries is great. Yet you ignored it because Windows have an equivalent similar alternative, as if the benefit is "it has to be better than windows" rather than retaining compatibility without having to build from scratch means nothing.

One of the arguments of Linux is that everything is that you can run a computer with a completely FLOSS operating system and have everything just werk, which is literally impossible for Android.

>android has none of the benefits of desktop linux
>use windows (a desktop operating system) to highlight problems that desktop linux doesn't have to make point about android clear
>this is hard to understand
ok retard

they only had to stop supporting windows 7 on new CPUs, wow.

it's still free if you got win 7

macOS is BSD

I know, same for 8/8.1, but Microsoft don't advertize it anywhere and their website just says "buy windows lol".

>One of the arguments of Linux is
Yes, that is ONE of the arguments made by ONE of the many points of view in the community. The fact of the matter is, Android is typically implemented COMMERCIALLY in a very shitty way. No denial, there. But, there is nothing to stop you or anyone else from designing a free and opensource product.

You can't use
>w-well make it yourself!
as an argument you fucking faggot. You could deflect 99% of criticism of an OS that way.

see It was ignored because

1. you're cherrypicking "desktop OS" for some reason, Linux and Windows are also used in embedded servers.

>>android has none of the benefits of desktop linux
2. this premise is false, it has access to all plenty of benefits desktop linux has, such as build tools and it is free

I'm not cherrypicking and I the point about 1 = 0.99 was already addressed.
Fuck off or come up with a new argument.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it is allowed, that's how we have the ability to get custom ROM's. That's how we have Android on such a variety of devices. Most of the freedom has been removed from stock ROM's to protect the manufacturers from reponsibility and to protect the consumer from themselves.

BTFO

That's rather the point, retard. When you want to get shit done, you don't spend your time figuring out how to make your fucking OS work. You want something that works right out of the box. Windows operating systems provide just that.

HOW WILL FREETARDS RECOVER

>Windows operating systems provide just that.
Only at the most basic level. 99.9% of Windows users can't grasp anything beyond point and click. A chimp can figure out how to use a hammer, but is he going to ever build a house or a piece of furniture?

Lol as if an OS would be popular if it was remotely hard to use. Not everyone is a masochist

Kernel =/= OS, dumb nigger

Only an idiot would care about this. OS shills are shit. Fuck loonix wincest and iToddlers. Always falling for bait.

Linux isn't hard to use at all, it just requires some learning. You can't point and click your way around.

Imagine being this fucking autistic.

>requires some learning. You can't point and click your way around.
Which was my point (). Windows doesn't require much at all. It's just easier to use and works for most users and their needs.

Majority of the Windows user base can't handle Windows to its full potential. What makes you think they could use gnu/linux?

Windows is babbys first OS.

windows doesnt require learning because everyone knows it. give it to granpa and she will stare at it not knowing what to do, simple things like sending emails or opening a folder is hard for them, about setting just forget

I was wondering.

Plenty of people don't use Windows 10 because it spies on you. To what extent seems unknown outside of the bounds that Microsoft pushes with all the tracking they do and tell you about.

However, how much more concerning is it when using insider preview builds? Since those have certain settings locked and they do require some data from people testing it, I've been wondering, since 10 watches you like a madman, what's the difference then? at that point if "stable" is already kinda broken, wouldn't you rather choose a newer version with newer features?

>granpa
>she
wew

Holy shit

It's still free if you're not retarded

wew thats what happens when you mid edit your posts

Attached: 173104.gif (516x229, 79K)

Based

Attached: she cute.gif (600x600, 507K)

macOS is XNU.

This is a technology board. Why are we discussing retards?

Top fucking kek