/spg/ - Smartphone General

"Say the line!" Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

old

Attached: 1512584734236.jpg (980x620, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/oneplus-6t-users-complain-of-strange-display-issue-of-pixel-wave-5472283/
youtube.com/watch?v=gDMH9dgfJmM
amazon.com/Samsung-Unlocked-Warranty-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07H8QMZWV/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1543782102&sr=1-3&keywords=galaxy note 9
youtube.com/watch?v=1aJG6Zu7CkU
dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-6t-skins
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Thunders your purple

Attached: OnePlus-6T-Thunder-Purple-3.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

XZ1C a cute!!!

Attached: xz1ch.png (614x712, 14K)

3rd for What the fuck to I buy?

Samsung experience and one UI are great!
Why has no one uploaded beta 2 for the normal s9 though ;__;
An s9 of course

Attached: Screenshot_20181202-193307_Settings.jpg (1440x2960, 351K)

New/other iPhone X, LG V30, Pixel 3 Lite

Fell for the chick note 5 meme, what's the best rom to slap on it?

>"Say the line!" edition
for once, OP was not a faggot
guud jab

S8 or S9? Is the difference b/w S9 and S8 that big? I'm too broke for S9.

Idk not really but s9 is front of the line for updates and has a better CPU
S8 will probs be fine

Daily reminder to use swift installer on your s9 them theme apps

Attached: Screenshot_20181202-193706_SoundCloud.jpg (1440x2960, 818K)

disgusting gradient aesthetic
they should have gone with a solid tone of purple, something deep and rich. This looks like flashy chinkshit

cheap phone i can get?

>his shitty curved phone can't even stand on its own

Attached: 1529084362817.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

How will Samsung ever recover??

How limiting would it be to own an iphone, and no other apple devices?

>need a new phone
>want to avoid google
>don't want chinese google either

Samsung a shit

I realy wish iOS allowed viewing webm's without having to download it first to the device

Daily reminder to do yourself a favor and not buy gook trash like Samsung
ever

>Say the line!
I-It's not touchwiz anymore, Samsung Experience is good now!
>Say the line!
Can't unlock the bootloader? W-who needs root or pajeet ROMs anyways!
>Say the line!
Best AMOLED displays on the market! What, burn in? Doesn't happen.
>Say the line!
8GB RAM is a meme, 4GB is all you need!
>Say the line!
$1000 is too much for a phone? LMAO what a poorfag!
>Say the line!
GCam is just a meme g-guys, it doesn't actual improve the camera.
>Say the line!
LMAO at your chink botnet phone! My data is shared ONLY with CIA, FBI and and NSA!

Say the line!

It's not limiting, i only have one iPhone, a windows PC, TCL Roku smart tv, and it works fine. I can use the netflix app on my phone to choose what the TV plays, use youtube between both. Hulu. There's no need for a mac or watch.

What's the best rom for a 2015 moto g these days? I don't really need features just stability.

All of that is unironically true though and you can get 8gb ram if you want

I'm saying say the line at your life at the rest of it because you just btfo'd yourself

What case should I get for Poco? The provided condom case aint cutting it.

Fortune or The Chan

But it would be good if there was a way to enable it in safari

cool thank you

Ringke case.

>Say the line!
He said the line :^)

Mofi fabric case

Ok now is deep

Anyone wanna figure out why the S8 is dropping the fps in a game after 10 seconds of playing the game? Going to the home screen and then back into the game will make it run properly again for 10 seconds before the fps visibly drops

How can I remove the custom icons from a theme? I just want the colors of the theme, not these stupid ass custom icons for default apps that clash heavily with the icons of literally every other app.

The more I look at it, the more I see the OP6T as the perfect price:performance phone in the market now, barring the obvious compromises they made with the jack and SD card slots
>best ui/os, zero bloat
>godmode battery life and charging speed
>a notch that doesn't make me throw up
>OIS camera and gcam helps loads, indistinguishable from the Pixel in everything except low light shots
>cheaper than the Pixel 3/Note 9 by far

Touchwiz bloatware and planned obsolescence

you have plastic body which will never crack. Just get a skin and you'll be fine

Attached: mahogany-pocophone-f1-skins[1].jpg (2048x910, 290K)

indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/oneplus-6t-users-complain-of-strange-display-issue-of-pixel-wave-5472283/

CHINKED

>charging speed
you should only use a wallcharger when absolutely necessary
other times charge as slow as possible to preserve the battery

This looks really gorgeous. Almost makes me wanna pick the Poco

>charge as slow as possible to preserve the battery
that's not a concern with li-po batteries. Only the li-ion ones need extra care.

Got an s9 two days ago for $520. Love it so far. Just finished making it familiar and I like how simple the layout is out of the box. Just nova + delta icons + material blue gray samsung theme.

Attached: Screenshot_20181202-124249_Nova Launcher.jpg (1080x2220, 906K)

Ugly as fuck my dude

Awful rice
Needs klwp, swift installer and whicons

Attached: Screenshot_20181121-175859_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 296K)

Yeah, gotta agree with this guy. I've always loved Xperia's icons, not sure what they've done recently but my XZ had some clean looking ones.

for people who don't give a fuck about SD card or aren't bothered with using dongle, this is a perfect buy
Premium feel and performance for $550, I'll take that anyday

I have the same skin on 6T, with bright yellow 1+ sign. Looks awesome

How does one fix it then, mr.shitposter

autism/hackerman overload

>Premium feel and performance
>youtube.com/watch?v=gDMH9dgfJmM
lol

Buy Pocophone, bro

>cheap chinkshit that probably implodes within a year

amazon.com/Samsung-Unlocked-Warranty-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07H8QMZWV/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1543782102&sr=1-3&keywords=galaxy note 9

Does this seem kinda sketchy to you guys?

is Gcam a botnet? or is it botnet free?

I'm considering OP6T for my next phone (moving up from the galaxy note 3). However, I want to know if I should wait for a solid ROM to be available for it or it OxygenOS fairly spyware free and good to go?

t. sour grapes amerifat

DO NOT BUY REFURBISHED SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD.

Sure, but a case does offer some protection for the screen if dropped doesnt it?

How come the pocophone with gcam cameramogs the fucking mate 20 pro? Is Huawei a total meme company or what?
youtube.com/watch?v=1aJG6Zu7CkU
these pics look like gutter trash, gets destroyed by gcam chinkphones and s9+/pixel 3

If you're too poor to buy new, don't fucking buy it at all. Never live beyond your means
That's what they said about the oneplus one and now look where we are.

Because software>hardware

OxygenOS is literally the best thing on Android phones right now, no question about it. LineageOS is available for it I shappose, but you really won't need it. It's absolutely solid.

Why not?

don't trust the pajeet videos, Huawei cameras are pretty fucking killer. there was an user posting some of the P20 pics about 3 weeks ago and they were like a DSLR

its a Samsung, of course its sketchy

Is Huawei worse than Sony, then? Even the XZ1 takes better pics than that, absolutely bloody lol

I just bought a S9+. It's m-my first Android phone. I'm so excited.
>I'm already kind of regretting it.

Attached: 2f8.jpg (832x960, 131K)

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Verizon

I currently have an HTC 10 running LineageOS. I recently cracked the screen and the HTC 10 stopped being maintained by LineageOS. I'm considering either:

A. Fix screen for $100 and roll with unofficial LineageOS builds
B. Purchase an unlocked Pixel 1 for $320 and install LineageOS since it is better maintained.
C. Essential PH-1 as its getting official builds soon™
D. OnePlus 5T as its well supported

Attached: 1526235797387.jpg (750x486, 55K)

yeah, MAYBE in daylight just like every other fucking phone out there

Why are you watching that shit skin video instead more decent reviewers out there you need to make it less obvious if you're going to shill the memephone that hard nigger.

they were late afternoon light, around golden hour or at sunset. they were some pics of a motorcycle and landscape and shit.

I guess you would know a thing or two about shilling since you're pushing you're Huagay so hard, huh Chiang?

Scratch the 5T I don't think they have an unlocked version that works with verizon

Why the fuck would you regret that? It's the best thing short of the Note 9.

Essential muh dude, its got enough developer support it matters not if it gets official updates and you won't have battery issues like you do with the 10

I saw some pics online, apart from the zoom it's not particularly impressive. Note 9 shits all over it.

Cases overlay the front of the phone a bit, so if your phone falls flat face down, it might soften the blow. Also protects corners and edges.
Still cases suck, they make an already big phone even bigger but I feel anxious not having one. It's a real fucking dilemma

But I could have bought a OnePlus. And Anti-Samsung-Shill said Samsung is BAD.

oh boy, the Scamscum fanboy/shill is back
"say the line!" inbound

You'll like it especially once you customise it
Having a very personalised phone feels good

Do you own it? On Verizon? Tired of being cucked by Verizon bootloaders. Took a miracle to get my HTC 8 and 10 unlocked has to pay for some Sunshine shit to unlock it.

Buy refurb, buy really stocky bulky case, protect your shit, and cover your shit. EZ.

What do you mean customize? I'm a dumb smartphone user, I can barely uninstall apps and move them around.
>inb4 boomer

I own the unlocked model which works on VZW
don't get the one from Verizon

Cases are cancer.

t. naked fag

Attached: maki-spg.png (500x281, 145K)

Well with Samsung you can upgrade to the pie beta which has gestures or download the other Samsung gestures app called one hand operation which is great, you can change your launcher (just get nova), do cool themes with klwp and swift installer (you can basically change every superficial aspect of the software) and all sorts
See my rice
For example

why waste your money on an overpriced piece of shit full of bloatware?

Say the line!

Attached: samsung-is-trash-say-the-line.jpg (344x506, 180K)

>>I have the same skin on 6T, with bright yellow 1+ sign. Looks awesome

Would you mind saucing me on that? Is it one of the official cases? Doesn't sound like it...

Attached: OnePlus-6-Cases.jpg (847x635, 124K)

Say the line!

LMAO good joke poojet the only ones who shill hard here are you poorfag Xiaomi shit skins.

What's the best skin brand?

it's a skin, not a case
>dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-6t-skins

Based

Samsung is trash :^)

Come on, you'll love your S9+. It's got a fantastic camera, shits all over the OP6T

Google Pixel XL on ebay if you need it on the cheap.

Otherwise Pixel 2 XL. Also ebay.
Not much reason to upgrade to a Pixel 3.

this is the epitome of pathetic autism
ahh yes, the ol' call then a streets hitter/goatfucker if they don't agree routine

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Samsung is getting shilled here hardcore... their phones are decent, but not worthy of undying loyalty. That has been purchased.

Xiaomi is number one Apple of China making revolutionary products and insane prices. I just got a mechanical keyboard from them, listen to music on my Xiaomi Android One phone with my Piston IIIs

Flipkart is gonna have the pocophone for $275 or less from the 6th onwards, that price is just insane.

Say the line!
Say the line!

>decent
their phones are top tier, Jinbao. Fucking lol at Gionee or Xiaomee or whatever the fuck chinky nonsense that is, your chink earphones have none of the class and prestige that a Sennheiser or Sony grants you.

S8 can't even perform better in games than xperia x