securemessagingapps.com
exploit-db.com/?platform=linux
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Security_Handbook
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/security
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Netsec_general
help.ubuntu.com/community/ClamAV#Run_ClamAV_as_a_Daemon
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linux doesn't really need an antivirus... but if you still want one... ClamAV.

None.
Antivirus is scam and the reason most people get viruses.(mostly because the software is insecure/contains backdoors)
Use an adblocker. I recommend Ublock origin.

That's what I'm using now. Haven't had any issues with it, but I haven't been using it long enough to.

Install uBlock Origin and uMatrix as Firefox extensions.
ClamAV if you need to scan files.
Keep your OS and software up to date.
Don't install stuff from shady websites, including shady windows software over wine.
Don't install proprietary garbageware and confirmed malware (Discord, Skype, Chrome).
Don't use Intel.

What about networking ports?
Firewalls?
Hardened kernel?
What else am i missing?

>Don't install proprietary garbageware and confirmed malware (Discord, Skype, Chrome).

Discord huh? How's telegram?

Install gentoo

no

Of it’s not open source peer to peer encrypted its bot net

Enable ufw. Use gufw if you need a gui.
>Hardened kernel?
>New Ubuntu fag
Not worth the pain for a normie user.

>telegram
Botnet.
Riot.im > wire >> signal >>> telegram
securemessagingapps.com

See
You really don't need it for Linux

>Riot.im > wire >> signal >>> telegram
RetroShare > all of this

clamav only scans for windows viruses you stupid fuck. Jesus learn to read before installing a new OS, and you would have learned this. Go back to windows and use your proprietary shitware there.

Yes

There are like 5 functioning Linux viruses and they all target php site engines running on machine's server.

exploit-db.com/?platform=linux

linux == kernel

Virusd infects half million windows machines that knock a gnu/linux server offline.
Gets listed as effecting windows and linux.

Those are exploits that are used for hardware running Linux. Malware for Linux exists, ever heard of Mirai and all of its variants?

Linux virus scanners are primarily for scanning files on mail servers as a courtesy for windows clients.
I actually found a home page hijacker (active x)
scanning wine folder one time. (running internet explorer to test html compatability). The homepage hijacker wasn't having any effect tho.

I gave up scanning for viruses on gnu/linux desktop after the first 87 positives turned out to be shit like thisAntivirus vendors know what side of their bread has the butter.

Linux has something called a hosts file which allows you to block huge lists of advertisers, trackers etc without the need for an adblock program

Attached: harassment.jpg (548x686, 54K)

If you really care this much you should use Gentoo with the hardened toolchain. I think Ubuntu still ships with AppArmor? Could also look into Firejail or SELinux (Firejail is much easier to write rules for but less powerful). As for firewall you can use ufw as suggested. Block all incoming connections by default and open up ports as needed. Same on your router, although that's pretty much standard for any router nowadays. Keep in mind if you have a local file server running on port 12345 it only needs to be open for LAN and not WAN. Many people are too lazy in this regard and end up exposing their internal devices to the Internet.

An exploit isn't a virus. Besides, antivirus do nothing to protect against exploits. You're fucked as far as zero-days go but keeping all software up-to-date is the best defense against exploits. Sandboxing and mandatory access control might might protect against some exploits or at very least mitigate damage.

Windows has a hosts file as well and has had so for decades.

>Keep in mind if you have a local file server running on port 12345 it only needs to be open for LAN and not WAN. Many people are too lazy in this regard and end up exposing their internal devices to the Internet

Thanks. Any resources to learn more

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Security_Handbook
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/security
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Netsec_general

Antivirus is just a wrong approach to security in general, not to mention that the term "virus" itself is pretty much boomer tier at this point.
Many Anons ITT said that Gahnoo/Linux doesn't need it, and I would agree, but I'm going to go as far as say that no OS really needs it, not even Windows, unless you're retarded.
No antivirus will protect you from real vulnerabilities anyway.

>An exploit isn't a virus
Exploits propogate most virus. If a known malicious binary is using an exploit to spread, the antivirus can simply blacklist the md5, or detect it's fingerprint and block connections on the port.

My intellect

install gentoo

2/10 b8

>antivirus do nothing to protect against exploits
Bullshit

Riot is fucking shit. Server written in Python always overloaded and actually not safe because even if using encryption stores huge amount of metadata.

XMPP and OMEMO

>Lots of programs, especially e-mail servers, can connect to a ClamAV daemon. This speeds up virus scanning as the program is always in memory.
help.ubuntu.com/community/ClamAV#Run_ClamAV_as_a_Daemon

Upvoted

Mostly. I think the main reason viruses work well is that there is too many retards that should not be allowed to touch a computer

Lmao, find any malware strand in 2018 with 200,000+ nodes that requires manual installation.

ClamAV. I use the same for windows.

I also run rootkits scans with boot tools.

grab clam sentinel for windows to get realtime.

It can get a bit annoying (lots of false positives) but probably worth it.

firewalld + selinux

Just install a firewall and and block ads and scripts
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts can also be useful

There's this great one called Common Sense™