AMD IS GOING TO DOMINATE INTE-

Attached: 1526593017087.png (372x82, 6K)

SOPA MACACO

Attached: 1498256245652.jpg (216x250, 30K)

how much money does that equate to

Considering it's the enterprise server market, which was about a $22bn market last I checked, AMD hold something like a $500mil chunk of it now

>2%
Wow it's nothing

nag AMD is half price so only $250mil

Topkek

considering AMD had 0,1% in 2017, it's looking pretty good

One brick at a time, and in your lifetime you'll have built the wall to keep out the pajeets.

They launched it this year. They went from nearly 0 to 2% so it's basically infinte growth, can't beat that

Oh look, it's another red/blue thread. Again.

So has Opteron been entirely replaced by Epyc or how does that work? I haven't heard anything about it in a while

wtf Jow Forums told me that intel is finished and everythig is amd now

That would imply they are equal though. Intel is objectively superior.

>an industry that upgrades once in maybe five years is slow to adopt new tech
Really big thunk.

INTODDLERS BTFO

Basically, yes.
We might see Opteron stick around in ARM form, but even thats unlikely. That'll probably get rebranded into EPYC ARM or something.

What, do you want a 16th Desktop thread today?

Companies hold onto hardware for fucking decades to make returns. Ecolab still has a fucking 500 MIP IBM Mainframe they regularly use. It's ancient as fuck, but it's still "mission critical"

2% growth of a brand new product is fucking huge in a year's time, honestly. And whenever groups that used Opteron's upgrade, they'll probably go to EPYC, too.

>That would imply they are equal though
Yeah, they aren't at all. AMD's HEDT parts destroy all Intel's server parts. AMD's server parts destroy them twice(as in you need two xenons to compete with one Rome).

>He thinks 2% is small
Intel have dominated the HPC space for over 20 years now.
Wait until it hits 5% next year then 15% the following year and so on.

>he didn't realize 7nm TSMC Intel CPU is coming in 2019.

22nm lmao

>2019

lmfao try 2022.