Death to caps lock

Why is this piece of shit key here, larger than any nearby key when almost no one ever uses it?
Why aren't keyboard manufacturers putting something more useful there instead? If caps lock was disabled no one would ever even good "how to enable caps lock" because it's not fucking used for anything.

Attached: caps-lock.jpg (800x299, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver-chroma
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP IS A FAGGOT

We need another enter in there.

I've ripped it off of every keyboard I own since the only time it ever gets pressed is on accident

>not using a software solution to disable caps lock
Boomer detected

Problem is led keyboards need tape over the led so you dont get blinded by removing the key.

Caps Lock si very useful for when you're making labels or punching in data into a spreadshit and you need all your characters to be a uniform height.

It's like by defition a low use key since if you need to press a bunch of caps lock letters then it could be anywhere in the keyboard and not be a bother since having quick access to it is irrelevant.

>not having caps lock and escape swapped

nu-Jow Forums isn't fun, lads.

>removing my dedicated shitposting key
fuck off faggot

BECAUSE CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, NEWFAGGOT

>escape

Fucking newfags that’s supposed to be the Ctrl key.

people with programmable keyboard switch it to Control and put caps lock and double switch, much better solution.
Also its not just that, for example you could split the space bar into two and still maintain the same functionality with one key more you then chose the purpose of the second key.

just bind it to something else, faggot

>Why aren't keyboard manufacturers putting something more useful there instead?
because they know people only want ANSI with no deviation to ruin it

How do they know that?
Like if you go and do market research about what kinda keyboard people would like who would say "I sure hope the fucking caps lock key is right there so I can misclick it while trying to accomplish my life goals".

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
>2018
>BUYING A PC WITHOUT CRUISE CONTROL

just remap to ctrl

really, I always assumed it remains because
>A: some people are used to using it
and
>B: it's not hard to remap, so having a non-essential key in such a nice position is a pretty good thing anyway

shit, mine's remapped

t. spaghetti fingers
how the fuck do you hit capslock so much that it becomes a problem?

Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, Pause, Insert, I pretty much never press any of these.
Caps Lock is the funniest because it's doing the same thing as holding Shift down. You could just implement Caps Lock functionality under Shift somehow. On top of that there's also two of those Shift keys. I never use the right one. They could all go under the left Shift. Numpad is also just taking space and I don't want one on any of my keyboards. The only key I press from Numpad is the Enter key when I'm holding the mouse and want to press enter fast with my thumb. I can afford to lose that habit.

I use mine as an extra esc because of vim.

Isnt that already a thing? Those gayming keyboards that just have the essentials

Like other "I pretty much never use any of these" keys it should be out of the way in a spot that no one will misclick.
Make a keyboard with "shift + scroll lock = caps lock" and win a design award or something.
Hey maybe you could just leave it as an empty optional macro key.

Some people don't have both hands or have other problems, etc.

Why fix something that isn't broken

IT IS broken to the extenct the everyone itt remaps the key, or they remove it physically. Thats plenty reason to fix it. What more do you need?

How often do those people have to use generic common keyboards instead of their own personal keyboard? Maybe the layout doesn't have to be catered to handicaps by default. Handicaps could change the layout to their liking afterwards as well.

Speaking of alternative keyboard layouts why not just have companies start selling keyboards that don't have caps lock there, it will only elevate sales when people hear "we spent $50 million designing a new ergonomic keyboard that reduces the amount of catastrophic caps lock misclicks by 100% increasing the average typing speed up to 20%".

I remap my capslock key to shift or ctrl in the registry. Other then that, what you should get is a "tenkeyless" keyboard that doesn't have the numberpad and thus takes up less space.

pause = suspend autohotkey
scroll lock = type my password for me because I am to lazy

Pro-tip:
Shift + Insert = paste
Ctrl + Insert = copy
I find it easier to use those keybinds when selecting text with shift/ctrl and arrow keys.

Attached: 1283185816273.png (297x255, 16K)

I USE THAT SHIT FAGGOT IT'S IMPORTANT
E1 G90 G0 X0 Y0 Z0
e1 g90 g0 x0 y0 z0

you decide which one is easier to read

I can remove your Caps Lock for only $40 million. I know it sounds almost too good to be true but I assure you that it's possible. Just believe me when I say my profits from this action are razor thin.

yes

razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver-chroma

>I don’t use caps lock, therefor no one uses caps lock
Meanwhile, the architecture and engineering fields use it every single day for technical docs and drafting.

Without caps lock how will I scream at people on the Internet for being wrong

I've considered remapping it to backspace. but I have this weird thing where I don't want my personal system to deviate too far from "standard" ways of doing things. like if I learned dvorak I wouldn't be able to use a normal keyboard as well. if I got accustomed to caps lock as backspace it would be weird when using another computer and when I get a new computer that's an extra thing to set up

caplocks makes typing out my 26 character hexadecimal password not require 10+ shift key presses for capital letters that alternate randomly with numbers
you press shift for a single number and the whole thing dies and you have to type it again

You dont have to remove the functionality, just place it away from such prominent position.
It being something you toggle on instead of something you repeatedly spam click means it doesn't need to be in that position.

Git gud. I've never had problems bumping my Caps key by accident.

I miss unix keyboards

Attached: keyboard-layout.png (1357x371, 58K)

cap lock is super useful when making shitposts

>AHK tier: disabling caps lock
>Decent tier: Caps Lock as Control
>God tier: Caps as Control, Tilde/Escape swap
>QMK tier: Caps lock as backspace, double tap escape, momentary control key. Portable between machines

Shift+Caps is what I use for caps lock enable/disable. And I write fucking COBOL

>not pressing ctrl with the base of your pinky

That genius user. Retarded jewro kbs don't have so vim is unusable

That's where Ctrl goes. Caps Lock goes at the bottom left.

what the fuck, this cartoon makes no sense, I can tell it was absolutely drawn by someone with autism

,2,3,10 = base 10

>not using a keyboard which has a fully programmable firmware like suggests
You don't belong here

F-CK YOU

> not having capslock remapped to ctrl

Fucking normies get the fuck out

OP IS A FAGGOT

Attached: DPrDuhjUIAETpJj.jpg (1200x675, 120K)

Attached: chromebook.jpg (650x300, 50K)

Crome book is SHIIITTTTT!

Attached: 22ee8af1771846348abbd21939bad230.jpg (680x510, 47K)

/thread

I PERSONALLY LOVE CAPS-LOCK I THINK IT'S GREAT ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M TYPING WITH ONE HAND WHILE MASTURBATING I'M NOT SURE WHY YOU AREN'T A FAN OP BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN I GUESS YOU MUST BE A FAGGOT OR SOMETHING WHO KNOWS

what's the best way to rebind it to something useful in windows? last time i tried rebinding on windows is extremely awkward and requires restart to switch.

try typing Č without being a faggot shift user