Is Java a meme language?

Is Java a meme language?

Attached: (((java))).jpg (1200x800, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dzone.com/articles/jshell-finally-an-official-shell-in-java-9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah

It's an okay language. Gets a lot of shit because it's everywhere

Attached: 1528353079594.jpg (403x403, 43K)

yes, but if it gets the job done who cares

I am not sure what it has to offer over C#.

Other than being Microsoft Java. Not a lot of people who say C# is better explain why it's better. Any language can be better than the other if you cherry pick things or just echo what someone else says about a language.

>java
disabled everywhere

Only if getting a decent paid job is a meme

It's okay but you can use one of the nicer jvm lanagues like Scala and keep all the benefits of java.

Its portable and doesn't have undefined behavior. Its a double edged sword like any language. If you want to write a basic portable application its perfect

As always : depends what you intend to do.

Write scripts and basic GUIs? Sure
Write Neural network training? Probably not

Yes, because the standard libraries use English instead of Javanese.

Java is the exact opposite of a meme language

Pays my bills so who cares

A large portion of the most important systems in your daily life involve Java in one way or another
Why not? Java has plenty of tools like TensorFlow and machine learning is more about understanding and applying the concepts than anything else. Virtually all real world machine learning/data science work can be done in Excel if you want to. People just fall for the all machine learning == highly advanced reinforcement AI for self-driving cars meme.

>hurdur oracle bad man

Might as well use R for ML at that point.

Java just feels inefficient in syntax AND actual performance speed.

>using Java for scripts
Were you sexually abused as a child?

And using python is faster? Hahaha you're dumb

> using a language designed for objects and oop for scripts

He must of been

JVM is good.
Java is... aging. You know how C++ experienced feature bloat trying to keep up with all of the features that were being developed in other languages and asked for and ended up vomiting out a bunch of special characters to try to adapt? Basically picture that but instead of special characters they used whole words. Java's not equipped for lazy-loaded streams, inversion of dependency, expandable features, message and state based asynchronous code and all that other fancy stuff. But it still wants to stick to its guns about no extension functions and no implicit delegation (or implicit anything, really), and all the other stuff.

At least you can embed in C in python for the speed and you don't need to use Java's retarded syntax. But then again, manual memory management is too difficult for you,

I don't think so. If you have to make a small, portable program, it's quite decent, but if you need something bigger it just suckes because of the shit performance. Not to mention that bug where you could edit a pointer's memory address and write it (Has it been fixed?)

C# is more Windows dependent, while Java is platform independent, BUT C# has a very decent documentation. (It really surprised me when decided to read over it)
But, to be honest, i've never read the Java docs, although I used the language for 2 years

Java has shit performance when the person writing the code is shit. Though 99.999% of programmers will not be able to write C code that out-performs Java in real-world conditions... Java's tiered compilation system allows it to profile the code to determine the best optimization paths based on real runtime characteristics, and then compile the code to native machine code with optimizations for the exact hardware it's running on. Couple that with most of the common operations and data structures in Java and Java libs (hash map, sorting, etc.) already coming highly tuned and well implemented, and the fact that most C developers don't know how to avoid common C performance pitfalls (like null terminated strings or the free chain getting fragmented from liberal malloc usage), I don't really believe the 'muh Java is slow' larpers could even come close.

BASED pajeet btfos ctards

usually they quickly google "c# vs java" and then come up with "muh generics"
>Were you sexually abused as a child?
No, he was not. dzone.com/articles/jshell-finally-an-official-shell-in-java-9

Java is the very opposite of a meme language.
It's the boring businessman language that generates money in real life applications.

Attached: 1534062747149.png (800x800, 29K)

p much, Java is the faustian bargain language - sell your soul (program in a retarded OOP language) for money