>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs less threads usually suffer lower 0.1% minimums
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 290_48acdbfdbf07975f338e068c27c18eaa_1361408005.jpg (290x290, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/68fVRJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/XmM8vn
pcpartpicker.com/list/MRZ8vn
youtube.com/watch?v=PPoYnFy0eZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=A5Xm2V8O5po
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/fRkdcY
monoprice.com/product?p_id=35434
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

none of you have even remotely any idea what the fuck are you talking about

should i buy a 1600 for $120. someone on r*ddit said they’re a lot worse than the 2600

They're not worse at stock speeds. Summit Ridge has issues with fast memory compatibility, and so aren't suitable for overclocking, but that's about it.

i am build computer

can i oc the ram fine on a b450

You can, but it's more dependant on the SOC's capability as opposed to the motherboard's.

why are these threads so dead?

black friday over and everyone just leaves?

Good morning, /pcbg/!

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/68fVRJ

Attached: anime-waking-up-gif-11.gif (500x281, 1.95M)

Welcome to /pcbg/ where all statistics are made up and real world does not matter

Because retards who fail to link new threads double up. There's been parallel /pcbg/ threads the last 24hrs.

Not enough gas chambers

Good morning fren

Attached: 2FA25959-B812-4AF0-A067-74A72EA34E7F-34543-00003929EFDCA4E1.png (246x205, 11K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/XmM8vn
How is this build? Any problems?

So what is going about new AMD GPUs? When can we expect new cards meant price-wise for gaymers? I wan't to buy 480 today but what if they are going to release new cards after Christmas?

They just released 590 no new cards for at least half a year if not more.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sitting tight until zen 2.
I already have a case and fans ready but will be waiting on more information before buying any other components

$500 dollars budget for graphics card(the lower the better while still at gtx 1080 performance-wise). I'm in 'Murica

Gaming, Cuda, Blender

1 1080p 75hz monitor (looking to upgrade this in the near future to 1440p or high refresh rate 1080p)

I have i5 4690k, gtx 970, 8gb ram, and a 500w psu 80+ (i know i should've gotten a higher watt and higher efficency psu when i built it) and windows 10 + ubuntu dualboot(sorry not at my desktop right now)

I'm divided between rtx 2070 and gtx 1080. The gtx 1080 is cheaper in the used market than the rtx 2070(i can find some 1080s on ebay for ~$400, which is what i'd normally buy a gpu for). On the other hand, the rtx 2070s are new, come with warranty(if i do get the space invaders monitor problem that a lot of people are having I can just send it back and from experience i'd usually rather like my product to have a warranty) and are a lot less likely to have problems than the used 1080s(they might have been used for mining which means that they might have not lasted long).

TL;DR: I'm divided between rtx 2070 and a used 1080

Y tho

dual channel ram, it's much faster in games than single channel

and also in other things as well

>2700x instead of 2700 and just OC the 2700 to 4/4,1ghz
>overpriced 3600mhz ram when 3200mhz is enough
>overpriced gigatits mobo
>shit psu
>blower style gpu

pcpartpicker.com/list/MRZ8vn here take this same price better parts

I'm not into the first step of building my extra-budget new rig.
Now I'm just waiting for the tower to arrive, surely ebay's global shipping program will deliver it to me fast and easy !

Does anyone have any suggestions for a AIO cooler in the $100-150 range? I am switching from the stock cooler for a ryzen 2700x and am hoping to get the load temp down.

>VA panel

have fun with the ghosting

just OC to 4.3GHZ, you only need a stock cooler, the 2700x is designed to run hot

Pick up an EVGA 1080 used. They have 3 year transferrable warranty. You can probably get a 1080 TI for your budget. Just be patient.

CPUs are not the issue.
The motherboard's socket and VRMs are.

I regularly see people posting 65-70 C max under load and I keep hitting 85-90 C. I remounted twice and keep getting this result.

No way that 500w psu will be able to power a 1080 and an OC cpu.

Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 120. About $50. Running one here on 1700

Attached: Capture.png (567x538, 21K)

My 500w psu can, no sweat. OC'd 7700k and 1080ti. But it was 190 bucks to be fair.

i haven't overclocked my cpu though(yup i know i purchased an overclockable cpu

I didn't spot that. I ran my 1080 TI at 90% power until I got a new PSU, maybe a couple of weeks. Had Corsair CX500 before and upgraded to Cooler Master V1000. You're right though. I wouldn't advise running a 0180TI on 500W

Congrats user, you got literally shilled.
Jow Forums is infested with amd fanboys and shills.
Take a look at 2600 with stock GHz and stock voltage, running in a case with five 140mm fans, premium thermal paste and a hyperx 212.
I got fed the same bullshit "you mounted it wrong goy, y-your thermal paste is the reason, t-the motherboard has shit vrm (6 true phases for 2600 apparently is not enough) and so on.

OF COURSE it isn't. Because the CPU is made by AMD, and we all know they can do no wrong. Clearly it's the motherboard makers, or the OS fault, or something else that isn't AMD, might be even intel!

Attached: compare.jpg (3196x970, 702K)

Are you for real ? Jesus pascal really runs efficient.

I have two AMD machines, one with a MSI board and one with a Gigabyte board. The Gigabyte board runs hot as fuck as it seems impossible to bring the voltage down, the MSI board runs just fine.

This one from my MSI board.

yeah it's not a 600W vega, but hey efficiency only matters when it's in AMD favor like CPUs, and completely doesn't matter when it's their GPUs

>I have two AMD machines, one with a MSI board and one with a Gigabyte board. The Gigabyte board runs hot as fuck as it seems impossible to bring the voltage down, the MSI board runs just fine.
The board in use is a MSI one. It's not the motherboard, it's the amd chip being a piece of shit and people overshilling how good they are.

And here I am, wondering if my 80+ 470w psu will be enough for a 1060.

Calm yourself. They represent good value, they are not the best, they don't beat their 'equivalent' intel processors. Not everybody needs to drive a Ferrari. The 1700 lags behind the 7700 - but was 1/3 cheaper. The 2700 lags behind the 8700 but is 1/3 cheaper.

You could run two of them.

Attached: DEB33D3B-DD98-4B61-9EDF-8DBDCB3925E6-3312-000003740E2BF3F1.png (1101x562, 34K)

Holy shit, that's the first case I ever bought.
CM Centurion 5.
Nice.

I need a good ATX size case with good ventilation. Any recommendations? willing to go up to like $250 if need be.

That's not what shills on Jow Forums say though, they want to both convince you it's best value AND that it's performance is better than it actually is.
The reality far from it though.
If they just shilled better value, there would be no problem because it's accurate.
But noooooo intel as a company are jews so they see it's fine and fair if they shill some.
Pic related, vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=PPoYnFy0eZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=A5Xm2V8O5po
But this is just fiiiiiine. Only nvidia and intel are bad guys with complete monopolies. But AMD our graceful lord, given the chance and a monopoly would provide us with utmost fair business practices aimed for the consumer benefit and not profit.

Attached: intel is jews, so it's only fair if AMD is jews as well, god I hate jews but love amd, no I don (2137x1017, 490K)

Suggestions for cheapest CPU + Mobo for a GTX 1060 6gb build for Machine learning?

If someone wants the best then there is no doubt an Intel chip for them. I guess where the 'AMD is both better value and better performance' argument comes from is if you compare what x dollars will buy you in Intel performance vs what x dollars gets you in AMD performance then AMD comes out on top.

2700 is usually compared to the 8700. 2700=best price, 8700=best performance
1700 is usually compared to the 7700. 1700=best price, 8700=best performance

But the 7700 still costs more than a 2700.

So if you compared the 2700 to the 7700. 2700=best price, 2700=best performance

and then all agree that AMD does not have anything that competes performance wise with the 8700 or higher until you start looking at TR4 (which most people won't).

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/fRkdcY

I'm thinking of ditching the case and fans to get something more silent.

I'm not sure about the motherboard, I heard bad things about gigabyte with vrm for ryzen builds. The only real requirement is type-c headers and no frying vrm, i guess. The nvme already has a heat spreader so that is also not a must.

>inb using vega64/2700x
I will not play silicon lottery on these things. No overclocking, apart form ram, will be done.

It will be used for linux with various virtual machines and docker images. Playing games via steam/proton so the vega64 is a necessary evil I have to stomach due to shitty drivers for nvidia and relatively bad performance for cheaper amd models. I looked at benches from phoronix to compare.

I will use bcache on half of the nvme for the hdd. I hope that shit will be worth it.

Anything obvious I could change? I have no clue about PSUs so I don't know if that thing will fry something or not.

I'm just testing out my new build and it gives me 3 long beeps on start up. I am using

>amd 2600
> MSI B450 tomahawk
>corsair 2x8gb 3200MHz rgb pro

After some google searches people say it is the ram that is the problem so I tried just 1 stick each time in a different slot with the same result. Is there anything else it could be/ anything else I could try before I send the ram back for a replacement?

Attached: 1520529683263.jpg (720x555, 49K)

Probably your ram isn't compatible with your cpu.
You've been warned that ryzen is only guaranteed to work with b-die ram.

>That's not what shills on Jow Forums say though, they want to both convince you it's best value AND that it's performance is better than it actually is
You do understand satire right?

>it's just satire bro!
>we just spam false info and claims as satire!

Yeah yeah, it's satire if you get caught, and ultimate truth if you don't.

What the fuck. Is that true? Or are you trying to meme me?

Keep your blinkers on whenever it comes to AYYMD, but only pay attention to Intlel/Novidia?
Some epic strawman building bro.

A quick google would prove that post correct/incorrect.

You're talking as if Jow Forums is a single entity and not a bunch of people.
You might consider it satire while others think it's legit.

>shilling as a joke
Almost as stupid as
>being retarded as a joke

You're meant to link this user with the persecution complex

>"it's all one sided!"
Seriously, get your head out your ass.

>with the persecution complex
what?

Basically people start acting like idiots as a joke but then actual idiots come in and think that they're in good company.
Then everyone starts wondering why are there so many idiots here and you can't see who is doing it as a joke and who is serious

What about what?

Attached: poor_me.jpg (621x286, 27K)

How does that apply to the guy though?

I'm hoping for an 8GB model RX580, but thinking about it, my video card (2GB GTX 670) often times reports a maximum of 2.7GB VRAM usage.
I know the 8GB would be better, but if I only use a maximum of 2.5GB and don't play games newer than 2015 (GTA5), I can't decide whether it's worth it to spend a little more for the 8GB model over the 4GB model.
1920x1080, 60FPS ideally, high(mayber higher) settings ideally.
Would like to not exactly "cheap out", but not too keen on spending tons
I don't know if I missed any details out.

>how does that apply to that guy?
Does it have to be spelt out?
>But noooooo intel as a company are jews so they see it's fine and fair if they shill some
>they
>But this is just fiiiiiine. Only nvidia and intel are bad guys with complete monopolies

So because somebody mentions that there is AMD shills here, they have a persecution complex?
I have to say this is some shit tier damage control.

Can you recommend me youtubers who interesting talk about iron?

I'm in an odd spot at the moment lads.
I want a better CPU, but I'm on a a Ryzen 5 1400, and it does everything I need it to.
However, I feel limited by 8 threads, you know?
Is it worth trying to sell the 1400 for a bit of a loss (Bought for $220 AUD at about launch, worth about $190 or so on retail), then scrounging up some bux to buy a 2600?
My current motherboard is a B350F Strix, with the latest BIOS, so it's compatible, and I'd assume this board should be able to handle the CPU just fine. I'm not too concerned about the newer features (PBO/XFR2/StoreMI, etc)

>So because somebody mentions that there is AMD shills here, they have a persecution complex?
No, you obtuse fucker. It's because somebody fabricates a faceless group of people, who apparently sincerely dish out hostility and ill-treatment towards those who don't align with said group's interest. Not really that difficult to understand.

pls respond im a consumerist whore that needs to keep buying to sate my meaningless life

You are the very person amd was never about
Upgrading for the sake of upgrading

>inb4 a simple observation as "obtuse fucker" is perceived as hostility and ill-treatment

>guy can't point point the names of every single person who shills AMD inaccurately on Jow Forums
>uses they as a blanket term
>OMG he has persecution complex
lol okay buddy, I get it, you learned a new word and want to seem smart by using it, but you really should think if the word applies to things in the first place.

I still have this case after like a decade or something. It's complete dog shit compared to modern cases though.

Attached: IMG_20181127_231431.jpg (5312x2988, 2.61M)

pls no bully im a consumerist whore that needs to spend money constantly because my life has no purpose otherwise

literally summed your post up as "nah ahh, am not!"
excellent retort

>literally summed your post up as "nah ahh, am not!"
Not even the guy. Guess you have a persecution complex with an imaginary opposition.
Yikes.

>"I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?"
yikes!

>CRT
How are those glasses treating you champ

I have a Ryzen 1600 in my PC and a 1300 in my wifes. The only times i've noticed any differences between our PCs is when i was encoding a bunch of video and the 1600 was noticeably faster. Basically, i would recommend against your proposed upgrade if your motivation is purely practical (i don't know what you mean by "feel limited" - if you're doing MT stuff and it's taking longer than you'd like then for sure upgrade to a 6 or 8 core.
In a larger sense this has been the case for most CPUs for years now - most generational improvements are barely noticeable in the general case and only useful in specific use-cases, such as MT apps, specific low-power requirement, etc.

CRTs are based for low resolution content
I don't know about text-heavy work, though

Attached: IMG_20181201_023949_058.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

>1400 for 190 aud
Wtf australia is fucked here 1400 is worth less than fucking 2200g

If nvidia wants my money they just have to make their linux drivers suck less.

Still not enough for modded skyrim. It's all about texture quality and resolution, baby.

Well, I don't play Skyrim, so I don't have to deal with that. Nor do I play Fallout series or other Elder Scrolls series games.
I think Witcher 3 is the latest game I've played, and at medium-high it's about 40FPSm which to me at mid-high isn't enjoyable to play.

Yeah but you have to expect future games to need more vram for various reasons, mainly because of next console generation having more of it. Think of cyberpunk or something along the line.

first post
best post

Cyberpunk is still gonna be current gen.

Single channel memory halves your memory bandwidth, it's usually a better idea to get 2 sticks to start with.

That being said, if it's a quad channel memory platform like TR4 X399 from AMD or X299 from intel, then you'd want 4 sticks of RAM since those platforms can utilize the bandwidth from all 4 sticks at once, whereas a dual channel platform (Most consumer platforms) will only access 2 sticks at once.

But having just a single stick really limits the available memory bandwidth to the CPU.

RAM
>4GB - Comfy minimum for Linux DEesktop use.
>8GB - Comfy desktop use, bare minimum for gamyen.
>16GB - Confy gaymen, bare minimum for Virtualization, Video editing and CAD modelling and alike.
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula.
Fixed

is geforce gt 1030 2 gb way too much for playing stuff like san andreas and aoe 2?

Can you still get vega 64 performance out of a vega 56 or has amd done something about that?
For games at 1440p and 4k on a 60hz freesync monitor. I know they're generally bad at 4k, but they seem to be fine on some games.
If amd is expected to release better 4k 60fps gpus in 2019 i'll just wait instead.

If I want to build around a 1440p monitor that is above 100hz. What's the price range for such monitors?
Starting with shit monitors and how much is the minimum for OK to good monitors

is the MSI b450 gaming plus atx a good board for a 2700/2700x?
planning to do a bit of OCing maybe and definitely need the extra sata ports

Cheapest one I know of is the monoprice one.

monoprice.com/product?p_id=35434

For "good" panels from respectable brands add another $150-300 on to that.

That actually looks OK, what's the catch?
Shitty panel that will be full of dead pixels after 2 days?

I just put a GTX1060 6GB in my old i7-3770k build. I replaced a GRX560TI. I think it was well worth it. I didn't think I had enough juice on the power supply for the 560TI anyway.

It's just a chinese monitor with minimal if any warranty support.

The plus side being it's monoprice, so if you get a DOA, you can return it easily enough since it's all US based warehouse instead of fucking with china directly.

Panel quality should be okay, but nothing AMAZING, you might have a dead pixel or two, but it shouldn't have anything egregiously wrong with it.

Easiest and cheapest way to get windows 10? Sorry I'm a fucking brainlet