The industry is going to be so much better in the coming years. these things are picking up traction

the industry is going to be so much better in the coming years. these things are picking up traction.
feels good to be graduating at exactly the right time.

Attached: Functional-programming-languages.jpg (638x479, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jlPaby7suOc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The concepts are picking up traction.

The languages not so much. You went too pure. You need to be practical in addition to useful. Find a middle ground.

Attached: file.png (141x37, 1K)

Attached: crying_cat_sto.jpg (318x313, 11K)

CS tread
reported/ignored

Attached: SC_SCAM.png (224x250, 4K)

Except the dropout rate for CS is 50% higher than those, meaning it's far more challenging.

>Elixir

Lmaoing at your life

Python master race

Attached: fastest_growing_2x.png (1309x507, 79K)

What does that have to do with anything posted?

is it worth learning Elm as a webdev? do you think it will hange the way HTML and css is written? redux takes cues from elm as dan abramov has said many times but is it really that good i feel loke webdev is made up of a lot of brainlets who simply won't adopt any functional approach

Thats interesting. I said the same thing in 1996.

Weird flex but ok

>1996 was 40 years ago

Attached: d75tf89g.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

god i hope not, everytime a language becomes mainstream the community goes to shit
i hate all newcomers

or far more boring

wtf

> these things are picking up traction
That's interesting. I said the same thing in 1974.
They won't. /thread

>functional
>Scala
Scala is to functional as Python is to OOP. Yes, but tbch no

He's even wearing a fedora.

that's funny user

I think he is implying numbers dont matter.

>L I S P

Attached: 858.jpg (750x750, 72K)

there aren't many erlang / elixir positions. I love programming with them but couldnt justify it anymore because the market is too limited.

he said practial

>people posting this ironically
so is this board run by Jow Forums boomers now or what?

Lisp is fun to write and hell to deploy or maintain.
Erlang was created with a very specific use in mind and doesn't map well to anything else.
Elixir is just Erlang's prettier sister, but still useless outside its specific case.
Haskell is a meme for math majors.
OCaml, like Common Lisp, is only useful because it isn't purely functional.
Scala is Pajeet's way of making his resume more attractive than Rajesh's.
Clojure has all the bloat of the JVM and the use cases of Python.

Houses in the middle ages were built with overhanging second stories supported by large horizontal beams. This produces force pushing up the center of the floor on the second story to prevent floors from sagging and ensuring the second story walls would remain vertical, thus supporting the roof effectively. While it's a very clever design, there is a reason skyscrapers are built with steel beams and rivets. Functional programming is the medieval house of computer science.

Python Black Belt Reporting in.

Where is F#

It depends on the complexity of your apps and the number of people who work on it.

>about deployment of lisp
can't you just try to integrate your program in emacs? would that be easier?

Attached: 1543820062617.jpg (638x479, 52K)

Hahahahaha
Of course you are right.

>C++ommon Lisp
>Functional
Lol?

Attached: 1543820062617.jpg (638x479, 52K)

I'm actually looking forward to the language scene because of this, yeah. It's not ideas like "oh ma agile" or GTD or stuff like that, it's actual different language concepts.

...I would not suggest this interpretation

The death of this opinion and the neverending language egoism is why the future has a good chance of having new concepts in programming. If things go well, this time could actually produce a good language eventually, a new Golden Age (tm).

60*

The idea is that they won't go mainstream, the mainstream is just becoming more fragmented. There is no "one language". There's still python for all the newfreinds.

I can not help but think you are the same person going around slandering computer science; you do realize that there are people genuinely interested in computers, and want to become computer scientists? You can not become a computer scientist, without studying computer science. You are not going to study mechanical engineering then magically become an expert at AI.

>1974
Pretty sure some new languages have gained traction since then. Including these.

Same

>number of people who work on it
for now im just gonna build stuff to learn the language personally and the functional concepts

For some reason I assumed you meant this

Attached: python.jpg (640x598, 52K)

then use elm if you like it

bump

If by 'gained traction' you mean this: youtube.com/watch?v=jlPaby7suOc

Thread should have ended here.