Why is technology so expensive?

Why is technology so expensive?

Attached: image.png (450x429, 249K)

You obviously weren't alive in the 80s and 90s child if you ask that question.

its not. its the value of your money thats expensive.

Attached: 1543785583685.jpg (173x223, 7K)

Fuck off boomer scum.

Typical rude trash millenial.

buy a used i5 2500 machine for $200 and pair it with a $150 RX570 and all of a sudden you got a fast machine that can play 4k video and 99% of video games ever created

tech is cheap

because of capitalism.

L O D S

You'll hang for your insolence and the decadent lifestyle you rub in face of those less fortunate than you. The day of the rope is near for you asshole.

doesn't matter when you're taking home lods of emoney

>R&D
>Paying employees, usually highly educated and expensive ones
>Machining, tooling, production needs
>Tooling also takes a shitload of time and effort to set up
>Materials that aren't cheap
>Legal team(s)
>Cost of the land and construction of production facilities and/or leasing/contracting them
>Administrative needs and personnel
>Advertising/promotional costs

gr8 b8

Other millennial here
You're the reason our generation can't have nice things

((()))

I'M the only thing that fighting for our generation to even HAVE any reasonable standard of living. How much of a cuck are you to believe such tripe that boomers feed you?

Holy shit you're even worse than I thought
>A commie that wants everyone to be a slave to the state calling anyone else a cuck
>Understands nothing yet thinks they know everything
>Disregards any and all reason and rationality in favor of religious zealot volumes of dogma
Yeah, nah, you're exactly why we're fucked

It has never been more accesible thanks to chinese slavery.
The issue is that there are more and more luxury products that make no sense ($1.000 phones, $1.000 graphics cards...).

Your corpse will be swinging from a tree too one day and rightfully so. It'll be the only thing in life that you earned for yourself. It wasn't handed to you like everything else.

Sand ain't free

It's tho?

because of patent and copyright law
>b-but it has to pay for r&d
there is no need for technology to progress at it's current state, in fact it's detrimental. If there were no more hardware advances in computing for the rest of my life I wouldn't mind at all, and you shouldn't either, if you think you "need" a better computer, phone etc. you are just a big baby addicted to shiny new things. With software advances only we could get orders of magnitutes faster everything anyway, with how bloated everything is currrently, or if we just got rid of the spying/drm/insert feature that serves the company and not you.

>Literally wants everything given to him for free
>Telling anyone else they haven't earned shit
I'm always amazed at how clueless you NPCs are, and your ability to speak and think in contradictions without any kind of introspection
You also all tend to be the rich kids, which is fucking hilarious on its own

>I AM THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY, ALL WILL BOW DOWN TO ME
>I also don't know the first fucking thing about business or manufacturing

You know that technology use to be so expensive, that 300 dollars of keyboard was worth it.

please elaborate

Aside from industries needing to improve or face stagnation and eventually degradation, a relationship complicated by but actually in the reverse with software that you mentioned, the volume of effort, expense, and personnel that go into developing a product is intense - even with simple shit non tech shit.
Manufacturing, especially, is extremely costly and time consuming to set up. You need boards, which require specialized equipment, tooling, and personnel. You need machine tools and tooling for working with materials, which require specialized personnel and equipment. If you're using any kind of plastic, you need molds specific to your product, and those are hideously fucking expensive to set up for mass production. All of this is assuming you have a 100% smooth, no troubleshooting or redesign/workaround required process from drawing board (which also required specialized personnel) to the assembly floor, which literally never fucking happens.

sorry, just got home.
What you call stagnation is what I would call a mature product, for example the safety razor, there's no need for innovation, it does what we need it to, all the plastic "improvements" in the form of proprietary blades and throaway razors are just a way to make recurring income out of something that shouldn't be. Yes, currently we might have degradation due to industry secrecy etc. however I don't see how that would be the case with information being legally distributable. I wonder, are you saying that without copyright, and patent license fee's most complex manufacturing wouldn't be profitable? in that case the products shouldn't exist